Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [SCION] Victoria Ka'Arach the Knight of Shadows, Chancellor of Eternal Night
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=61731
61731, (AUTO) [SCION] Victoria Ka'Arach the Knight of Shadows, Chancellor of Eternal Night
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Sep 18 11:31:54 2007

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Victoria perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:anti-paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:411
61997, You rocked. Thats all that needs to be said. nt
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
61823, Damn it
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm really not sure how that happened and I apologise to everyone for letting a leader auto. It certainly wasn't my intention to be gone for so long.

Things have been very busy in real life at the moment. My company is restructuring, and there are other "emergency" activities going on that require a lot of my time and the time of my staff (and the stresses this has placed on them require yet more of my time), plus I've had to travel a lot of late.

I was pretty sure it was about 3 weeks since I'd played, largely because I've been so exhausted when I've been home. Anyway, looking at my logs, it would appear that it might have been as long ago as the 19th of August.

I won't make many personalised goodbyes, but I will say that I think the playerbase has improved a lot of late. There are still a few bad apples out there, but by and large I was impressed with my friends and my foes.

I tried to make people's gaming experience a fun one, even though I was supposed to be evil. I also tried to take risks (Mallias the suicidal woodie animist mariner was the practice for doing this), rather than be a coward who needed favourable odds. I also tried to reward other people for having guts, whether by leaving stuff I could have used, or by fighting them without wands so that they had a chance of killing me.

As far as that goes, I felt barrier shouldn't be in the game. Certain characters were still a match for me even with barrier, but in most cases, it meant that I could fight at little to no risk, unless I sought out bigger groups of enemies (which I tried to). Personally, I feel iceball is ok as it is, and that it is barrier that is the problem.

Anyway, I hope those that interacted with Victoria enjoyed it, and my congratulations to Jichii and Ktaar in particular for getting me. Jichii, because he used tactics instead of numbers, and Ktaar for being freakily good at staying on my tail through multiple teleports.

Ktaar: Whilst I said that I've never been assassinated without knowing it was likely, you WOULD have changed that, were it not for the "twitchy" edge, which it arguably overpowered. I knew that you were on my tail a lot because when you'd become visible after I teleported, I'd use a power and see that you were just where I'd teleported from. That time you got me, I was pretty hurt and so decided to attempt to run to a healer before you could cut me off, but you managed to get into position before I could get past you.
61824, A comment I would like to make to the imms
I notice from my pbf that there are a fair number of negative comments, which is fine. Constructive feedback is useful, and it is your right to criticise.

However, I notice that they were all from fortress immortals, and one is downright misleading.

Meanwhile I think I had good feedback from imms of Nexus, Battle, Scion, Empire and Outlander.

The one saying that I "talked a lot about what I was going to do in a cabal defense but took my sweet time in getting there" fails to mention why I took my time (which I recall was largely because Hamsah's gate was shut and I was low in moves, so slept in Chessmaster's), and what happened when I got there (which if I recall correctly was the annihilation of the fortress raiders). The victory when I got there would not likely have been achieved so readily had I not set out what my plan was.

I would challenge some of the fortress immortals to ask themselves whether they are truly objective when they watch what their cabal is doing. My feeling is that some current ones are not.

Bear in mind that I am not a power-gamer. I passed up plenty of easy kills when I could have summoned the likes of Xinrithril into the hidden room in Galadon and killed him. The reason I didn't was because after I did it once I was told by the Tribunals that he didn't use potions, and I didn't want him to die additional cheap deaths to me as a result of his innovative role-play. I played largely to try to make the game a funner place for everyone, and to me, it feels as if the fortress imms just saw me as as prick.
61829, That's fine
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a matter of tactics I guess. If there were people raiding my cabal and I wanted to defend in the same situation you described, I would have recalled, heal refreshed a few times, and either quaffed a potion of pass door (always handy) or ran around with the extra moves refresh got me. From my perspective, it seemed like you were talking a lot and not doing much.

While "Fortress Imms" may not be truly objective when it comes to histories, on the other hand we also see the enemy cabals at their worst. It's a toss up, do you not comment at all, or do you comment about what you see, which tends to be the bad?

It's worth noting that I've tried to be more objective lately, commenting both good and bad that I see.
61836, That's good
Posted by A2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hopefully objective both ways. Because I've largely avoided playing fort chars because of the #### that is allowed to go on and I used to play them almost exclusively. It would be nice to see the bar raised across the board and not just have there be 1 or 2 awsome fort chars amidst a sea of ####.
61835, RE: A comment I would like to make to the imms
Posted by Xin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And here I thought you were merely trying to avoid the wanted flag.

After the first time I was summoned to the hidden room, if I saw an AP, necromancer, or enemy shaman I tried to avoid Galadon as a death trap. I am not sure if I should be embarrassed or flattered to hear that the Tribunals were looking out for me, but you had a good thing going with Victoria. GLWYN.
61825, B, you played a great character.
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had fun running with you. Thank you for showing me all of the new places in Thera I'd not yet been.

Too bad RL got in the way of this character. You were a force and you _did_ make this game better every time you logged on.

Good luck with your next.

K
61827, Whole hearted agreement
Posted by Guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not only was this char far from cheap, I enjoyed daurs refreshing view on dark-elves and kicking ass as an Ap with them.

Don't take that #### seriously man,
you rocked out with your cock out.

And I mean that in the best of ways.
Cheerio and all that, Had alot of fun talking to Vic as both Laviter and Rhyendris. And even enjoyed getting snubbed hard core talking to you as a human =D

Hope you find the time to roll yet another kick ass char,
PS, I hope I got to show you cool stuff this time instead of the other way around? I can't remember if I did or not.
61828, RE: Whole hearted agreement
Not sure if you showed me stuff. I did do a lot of stuff for the first time with this character though.

First time I have understood silent tower and how it works. First time I have explored Aran-Gird. First time I have been to hell and actually killed a mob whilst there (only to find that I couldn't use any of their gear). First time I've found a sleek black wand that I could get alone. Lots of new quests. Discovered new parts in old areas. Generally had a kick ass time.

Don't think we really travelled together much though. Most of our interaction was over the cb, if I recall?

I liked your Twist with Rhyendris though, when I refused to take gear off of you because I didn't believe in charity, and you gave it to an elf for me to kill, instead.
61830, RE: Damn it
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There was a lot I liked about this character. After a while our times didn't mesh up very well, but I hope you felt like you got a decent amount of attention from me, even if it wasn't always IC as Daevryn (e.g., that whole Underdark and dreams and stuff thing)
62030, RE: Damn it
Posted by Victoria2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a good time following your religion. I've tended to take the approach that the religion is more to give you an extra handle on your character's roleplay, and not necessarily requiring immteraction.

I enjoyed the immteraction we had, and that dream helped make a patch in my life more enjoyable when I was basically the punch-bag for my range, and took about half a dozen deaths without a victory in a row.

Would have been nice to have the tatt one day, and I had to chuckle when I saw your comment. The fact that I don't log on for a week is likely down to my lifestyle, rather than anything negative. Dying to *****s annoys me, but dying to a character I respect (which definitely included Jichii) is not something I have a problem with. Perversely, I was actually glad that Jichii got me and not a gank-squad, particularly as I felt it showed the gank-squad that I had been killable all along, and the failure to kill me was more down to tactics (at least for some of them) than anything.

Anyway, I have a house in one city and work in another, and occasionally I leave my laptop in the weekend one (which I don't even visit every weekend). If I recall correctly though, that time I DID have my lap-top in York (where I work) but hadn't switched off my wireless router in Manchester, and therefore couldn't log on in York. I later discovered that I just had to create a new screen-name, but that took a while.

So I guess I'll have to resign myself to having only had Cador's Tatt, which lasted until I attacked someone in a city as a trib (although in fairness the eastern road was only about 3 rooms long so that was easy to do in the heat of battle), and Eryndorial's, and I have no idea what that did.

Your time was appreciated. Maybe next time I will get lucky, but I won't be rolling a character until I think I'll have some consistent time to commit.
61831, Just damn well played.
Posted by Yhorian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There's no way to stress how all-around cool Victoria was, but it's players like you that make this mud awesome by virtue of the waves you send through the characters around you. You have no idea how shocked I was when I actually won that fight, or how well you took it. I have to admit, I was actually trembling when I sat there holding your unholy. The roleplay was completely inspired by me actually thinking 'hot damn, this is probably the most powerful thing I'll ever hold. Is there no damn way I could use it?!?!'. I was doubly impressed by how you jumped right back on the horse and pretty much pwned me and many others rebuilding that whip in no time. You definetly topped Sossaphrin(sp?), and made people phear a d-elf ap :)

Yhorian
61834, Back at you.
Posted by Ktaar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Ktaar for being freakily good at staying on my
>tail through multiple teleports.
>
>Ktaar: Whilst I said that I've never been assassinated without
>knowing it was likely, you WOULD have changed that, were it
>not for the "twitchy" edge, which it arguably overpowered. I
>knew that you were on my tail a lot because when you'd become
>visible after I teleported, I'd use a power and see that you
>were just where I'd teleported from. That time you got me, I
>was pretty hurt and so decided to attempt to run to a healer
>before you could cut me off, but you managed to get into
>position before I could get past you.

You were freakishly hard to stalk. There was no way I would ever, ever get more than 6 on you (which felt in my gut like a 50/50 shot), and there was no way I would ever, ever get 6 unless I heavily used my powers. Hands down, the hardest person to stalk.

I'm really glad you wrote the above because it explains a lot :) I thought it was braggado because I knew I never left the shadows, and I knew you didn't have the DAMNED sadistic figurine - but now you've graciously explained that I came SO close to accomplishing the goal that led me to get up at 7 am on my vacation, log into CF, and try to find Victoria :P Honestly, that paragraph above explains a lot, and tweaks my opinion on the overpoweredness of assassinate (esp. in combination with imperial powers) somewhat.

OK. That aside. Great job with the dark elf AP concept, and great job bringing enough roleplay to the table to overcome the name Victoria! Good luck with all the things you have going on and maybe we'll meet again.
61837, RE: Damn it
Posted by vega on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I tried to own you with my lowbie trannie, I think you posted the log, but damn you proved harder than I thought, good job and I thoroughly(sp?) enjoyed your logs.
61843, Nice one
Posted by Enbuergo1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Victoria when I was mucking around with my last char about six or seven months ago (I've been so far removed from CF lately I can't even remember his name). I remember landing a somewhat cheapish kill as some other sylvan had softened you up. You handled it like a champ as always even though the outlander horde snapped up most of your gear. Anyway, good to see you're still on top of your game. Now, if you could only recruit about 50 more regular players, I'd be tempted to roll something up!
61846, RE: Damn it
Posted by Brinkmun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A well respected mage in my eyes, we had our tussels and maybe barrier is overpowered except when dealing with battle scouts...Haha, good job man

D
62031, RE: Damn it
Heh, I think you probably killed me more than anyone else, and pretty much every time I ended up kicking myself for getting sucked into pursuit when the time had come to call off the chase.

Thing is, even with barrier you put out way too much damage for me to handle you until I got more charges (or unless I had my whip wrathing and wasn't being lagged). A couple of my edges were taken just for you. heh.
62033, RE: Damn it
Meant to say...

Brinkmun was a damn nice character. Impeccable rp from what I saw, and willing to mix it up alone.
61852, RE: Damn it
Posted by Rettis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great char, thought Victoria was awesome.

Cheers,
Jhyrb
62032, RE: Damn it
That time we killed Niheriva I had this image of your character dancing a jig, because of the glee I could feel coming from you. Made me laugh. You were definitely an asset to the chasm. However, I didn't want to practice volley with you (or any scion for that matter), because I was suspicious of people betraying me and taking my whip.
62159, RE: Damn it
Posted by Lyriana on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pure respect man. All your characters are top notch. I hope to meet your next char.
62284, Back at you
I admired the way that Lyriana stuck around when the odds were bad.

Not sure what I'll be playing next, or when, but it might well be a fortress char, so stay alive!
62319, RE: Back at you
Posted by Lyriana on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll try to spot your next char! And when this char deletes, I'll reveal another old char I used to play who could actually stand a chance against Victoria! I wonder if you can guess who it is.
62299, Well played. Always wished I could catch you more...
Posted by Isspyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Granted, your character wasn't the type that Isspyn would ever trust or even necessarily like, but I still always wanted to interact with you some. Knowing very little about you, that's about all I've got.

Good luck, see you in the fields.
62317, Surprised you never inquired about that bizarre tell I ...
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...the one about someone breaking into my house. I logged off right after, if I recall correctly.

Whew! THAT was nuts. Got home late, started some midnight mudding when some jackass came in through my back patio door. Just so happened the door was accidentally unlocked by my lady. I left the den, went into the hallway and there was a 6'3" white dude without a shirt just standing there.

It was tense. I was ready to take the guy out.

Turns out he thought he had come into his buddy's house, and since he was obviously drunk his judgement was not all it could have been. While apologizing profusely (and hell, I'll never know if that was a lie or not), he rushed back out and did a clumsy flop over the fence, and then took off.

So now you know the story. ;)
62325, RE: Surprised you never inquired about that bizarre tell I ...
Heh. Well, if someone goes ooc like that I take one of three approaches:
- if it is a newbie, I'll tend to suggest an alternative way of communicating the message,
- if it is a vet, that does it all the time, I'll not spend time around them,
- if it is a vet that normally has top-notch rp, I'll pretty much pretend it never happened. (You fell into this category.)

I also figured that perhaps it wasn't the best time to be talking about ic and ooc if your house was being broken into!

I have to say though that Drezen and your necro (sarg... something?) were the best rp'd characters that I saw during this characters lifetime, by a fair margin. Admittedly if I spent more time around my enemies I might have seen some of them come close, but you certainly blew me out of the water. Drezen in particular I liked, because part of the time you played your necro I still wouldn't travel with drow.
61784, I'm certain I saw you not that long ago too...
Posted by Cedek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Strange. :( Sad to see you go.
61738, This has to be a bug.
Posted by Yhor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I saw Victoria less than a month ago, kicking ass.

Or am I really losing track of time here?

Yhorian
61739, That really was the last time anyone saw her n/t
Posted by Guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
asdf
61785, to be honest, I aint heard from him in ages. ~
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~