Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Maethron Eldamanvareilya Retired Provost and Guardian of Law, Provincial Magistrate
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=61730
61730, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Maethron Eldamanvareilya Retired Provost and Guardian of Law, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Sep 18 10:56:25 2007

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Maethron perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:701
62419, Now that the PBF is up I'm forced to ask...
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why was Pro's post deleted? Was it the tone, because it was Pro who posted it, or something else entirely? I ask because it seems the same sentiments Pro expressed in his post were also expressed in the imm comments for this character.
62434, They deleted it so you'd have something to complain about n/t
Posted by Kads on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
62437, I'm curious now too.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Since it's been brought to my attention.

I thought it was a pretty honest and heartfelt assement and not even inflammatory.
62439, I wasn't complaining, just curious.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I mean, by and large it seemed the tone of his post was echoed in the imm comments, so I can't really think of a reason for it to have been deleted.
62523, RE: I wasn't complaining, just curious.
Posted by dalneko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I dunno. Pro's post had a way different tone than the IMM comments. And the only comment that seems similar is this one by Marmaanth.

Mon Jan 29 18:00:14 2007 by 'Marmaanth' at level 40 (133 hrs):
Seems more neutral than good with his tribunal duties toward the Fortress.

Which isn't really the same since Marmaanth is saying that how I was acting more Neutral Good than Lawful Good when it came to members of the Fortress. In Pro's deleted post he was complaining how I was not playing a Lawful Good elf but a Lawful Neutral elf in his typical tone of 'I know how to play your character better than you do'.
62526, Not to nitpick
Posted by A2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But Marmaanth's comment was that you were acting more neutral than good. Not more neutral than orderly. So apparently that was spot on.
61796, See you boss !
Posted by Pissudin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very interesting elf you were. I thank you for the induction and all the patience you had with me on early ages... on the end we did not spend much time together because our duties separated us, you always watching and i always hunting.

Many times you seemed distant, but you could handle spire business and "paperwork" with a maestry that impressed me. I can say you made things running smooth in the Spire.

Great all around character, i always tought it was a very difficult combination an elven trapper, but you managed to do well with it.

See you in the fields, good luck with your next one.
61777, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Maethron Eldamanvareilya Retired Provost and Guardian of Law, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
90% of the time I thought Maethron was excellent. You really stepped it up at a time that Tribunal really needed it. I think you were one of the main reasons that it grew strong later on in this character's life. The other 10% of the time seemed to be from inexperience and not stupidity. Well done and good luck with your next.
61773, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Maethron Eldamanvareilya Retired Provost and Guardian of Law, Provincial Magistrate
Basically this was one giant experiment. This was my first Tribunal and incidentally my first caballed character. I was on a thief kick after playing Yanisalon (Svirf pickpocket) and Breganu (Half-elf thug) so I wanted to give all the paths a shot. I also wanted to make it somewhat challenging, hence playing an elf. Just to see how bad it would be. Rolled up Trib since when I was playing Breganu there was a lot of complaining about Paskat and Tribunal on the other site so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Initially I was aiming for Justiciar when I rolled up but for numerous reasons I never got the position, despite getting a couple of recommendations from Kholav while he was Provost. Instead, after he deletes I end up becoming Provost myself. It was a decent run for the most part and the only thing that left a sour taste was getting request penalized secretly because I gave another elf Tribunal a sword that I requested. Only to find out about it and the reason why after posting a bug report, praying, and sending a note to Immortal. And the first reply I get via note being nothing more than 'Read help request. Do not request for other players even if they're good' as an explanation for why request was penalized and the circumstances behind it, which I'm chalking up to just catching that particular IMM on a bad day. Second IMM to respond via note cleared it up about it being just for that singular incident, which I'm fine with. Just didn't see the need to be so secretative. Especially when I waste my ghost period trying to regear after a full loot. Other than that, I have nothing against staff and in all my notes I always thanked them for the upkeep of the game. I'll say more in a Gameplay thread.

Trappers are an awesome path. I kept reading how they sucked and what not. Then after having fun with some orc using traps people get their panties in a bunch about trappers being overpowered with being able to kill people in their sleep using damage traps. Hilarious. Obviously they never played a trapper because even before the 'fix' that would have been impossible with someone at perfect health in between the sleep timer and the timer for setting traps. Though I do feel good that I contributed to making it so that burst traps hit entering groups and that some of the ingredients that weren't doing anything before having effects now. More in a gameplay thread.

As for not living the cities or hunting WANTED criminals very often, role was focused more on watching over the cities and not pursuing criminals. You know, the whole aiming for Justiciar angle.

EDIT: Can't think of anything else right now so just make constructive comments or what not and I may or may not respond depending on how often I check the board since I think I'm pretty much done with MUDing. 700 hours in 8 months made me depressed. Peace.
61845, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Maethron Eldamanvareilya Retired Provost and Guardian of Law, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Kholav on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry for the late post, but if you read this....great job. Everytime you were around I know we would have an interesting conversation/roleplay session.

Cheers.
62312, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Maethron Eldamanvareilya Retired Provost and Guardian of Law, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Linolaques on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't get to see too much of this character, but what I saw and from the perspective I saw it left me thinking you did a great job.

Hope you had fun, and that you get inspired to come back to mudding some day.
62315, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Maethron Eldamanvareilya Retired Provost and Guardian of Law, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Siladhiele on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hope you come back at some point. I needed a big break after Sil, too, but couldn't stay away for as long as I thought I would. You were always really enjoyable and we had a lot of good times together. It's nice to be able to interact with someone so easy going and likeable.
61756, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Maethron Eldamanvareilya Retired Provost and Guardian of Law, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Bawgor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought your knowledge of the law was superb. I thought your interviewing style was great. I thought you a very knowledgeable thief. I think you are a veteran player and bring a lot to the mud.

Having said all that, I thought that you did play your elf as a neutral class. (Having said that, it is VERY DIFFICULT in my opinion to play a goodie tribunal.) (This may sound hypocritical because some would say I played my neutral gnome as an evil.)

Also, I thought you played your class very safe. You never left the city, I did not see you actively hunt wanted criminals. You had a great set of gear and you sat on it. I felt like I took infinitely more risks than you did (and I was a complete noob).

I saw you always in a role of Justiciar (NOT Vindicator and NOT Provost).

Anyway, overall, great character, thank you for all your time and effort in the Spire.

Bawgor
61774, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Maethron Eldamanvareilya Retired Provost and Guardian of Law, Provincial Magistrate
>I thought your knowledge of the law was superb. I thought
>your interviewing style was great. I thought you a very
>knowledgeable thief. I think you are a veteran player and
>bring a lot to the mud.

Veteran player? Hahahaha. Not even close. But thanks for the compliment?

>Having said all that, I thought that you did play your elf as
>a neutral class. (Having said that, it is VERY DIFFICULT in
>my opinion to play a goodie tribunal.) (This may sound
>hypocritical because some would say I played my neutral gnome
>as an evil.)

I wasn't stereotypical lawful good but eh. Details, details.

>Also, I thought you played your class very safe. You never
>left the city, I did not see you actively hunt wanted
>criminals. You had a great set of gear and you sat on it. I
>felt like I took infinitely more risks than you did (and I was
>a complete noob).

You were also a healer and could afford to take more risks than I as an elf trapper could. As for sitting on a great set of gear? Eh, not really. I didn't go out of my way to hunt people down unless I knew that they were going to be in one location for a while and didn't have to waste time chasing them down or unless they were running around a city.

>
>I saw you always in a role of Justiciar (NOT Vindicator and
>NOT Provost).

Funny. So did I. Heheh.

>Anyway, overall, great character, thank you for all your time
>and effort in the Spire.
>
>Bawgor

Thanks.
61750, I didn't interact with you at all really, but why not age death?
Posted by A2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You had to have been close right?
61775, RE: I didn't interact with you at all really, but why not age death?
I wanted to go for the age death, believe me. In fact I figured I would have age died I already going by the hours of the last Elf Provost (Kiamae). And 700 hours is a long period of time. I have no idea how those people with 800+ hours manage to keep their sanity.