Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Dyrin the Legend of the Battlefield, Imperial War Master
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=61625
61625, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Dyrin the Legend of the Battlefield, Imperial War Master
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Sep 14 10:14:29 2007

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Dyrin perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:223
61634, Goodbyes There...
Posted by Dyrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well I started Dyrin as a kind of comeback character after not playing seriously for a year or so. He was meant as a throwaway just to get back into PK so for a long time I didn't have a real role and my RP was eh at best. It just so happens that he took off and wound up becoming War Master. That's one of the reasons I tried to fight solo as much as possible which doesn't really fit the Imperial mold or was smart considering how outnumbered I always was. Unfortunately though I just got put in charge of a huge project at work(Peoplesoft Reimplementation) and have a ton of family things going on I just can't reliably log in which is unfair to Empire. I found myself logging in when I should have been sleeping which is no good. That coupled with getting my ass beat down at hero range like a red headed step child for the last month or so really started to take it's toll. I found that if I wasn't prepped to the gills for every fight that I would lose embarrassingly, hell after a few really stupid loses I almost demoted myself. I just can't get into being a prep whore, I get bored spending half my time trying to gather protections. So anyway I've decided to step out and let some of the really good people below me take my place instead of being a dead beat dad.

Thoughts on my Build:
Man the dex and armor changes really have altered the terrain for warriors. I honestly think they swung the balance too much, as elven/arial dagger specs are just insane now. You almost have to have a malediction spec now, unless you are an ubergeared/prepmaster. I can't count how many flurries got evaded. Speaking of Flurry are you guys kidding me with the learning rate on it? It was stuck at 98% for well over 100 hours and I used it constantly in that time.

Anyway on to the Goodbyes:

Imms:

Twist/Hunsobo- You were my role model as Hunsobo. Awesome Imperial leader who kept just that right amount of dictator/coolness. Thanks for the promotions and the well wishes. Great Imm.

Katho- I really meant to try for a Tattoo when I first rolled Dyrin, but I can never seem to get into that obsequious role consistently to really make a good follower. Thanks for giving me the shot at War Master.

Empire:

Ktaar - Super Deathful, always knew the Forties would be running scared with you around.

Siligilisg(however it was spelled high priest) - Couldn't really stand you're arrogant roleplay at first but it grew on me. Was really lame how quick you deleted, you obviously aren't as bad ass as you think you are.

Dejemboko - Great Necro, we made a good team when you were around.

Eoria - Awesome Bard, obviously a very good player. Appreciated all the lore you imparted on me. Wish more players were like that. Wish our times meshed more. Good luck with War Master.

The Rest - Good luck guys, there is still a rough road ahead. Also since the loss of the arcane sect Empire has lost alot of power and support ability.

Tribunal:

Izhulzin - Great character, our first RP session when I was but a wee bastard trying to manipulate you and you turned it around so that we became allies was quality. I disagree with the way you got treated, as I think you played a great Orderly Evil. I think sometimes Imms feel they need to use info from snooping to enforce their vision of RP even though IC it wouldn't be something anyone would know about.

Shifters - Appreciated the help I would get sometimes and you guys had guts.

Gear Hoarders - I couldn't believe with the numbers you guys had sometimes that the Outlanders still held the fetish. Keep counting your shinies and hiding in the city.

Battle:

Armonk - Bad ass little dwarf. Class act. That fight where you took on three of us and chases us around Arkham was great.

Awk - Classiest Rager ever. Had tons of respect for you, and even though I think I won the lion share of our fights, you got real scary at Hero.

Aciela - Dagger villager defenders are just scary. Even if I got you near dead, you would flee and come back ready to kick my bloody head in.

Outlander:

Xintrilia - Ugh, gave me a new respect for elven dagger specs. Coupled with that Tat and insect swarm is painful. Class act, one of the few outlanders who would leave my gear.

Jutunn - Hated you. Even with svs mental preps you're fiends would beat my ass. The amount of time you could stay chamo'd for was disturbing.

Linarean - Few good fights, seemed like a good leader.

Kopak - You were a little gear sacing piece of ####. Alot of those in Outlander these days.

Scion:

Drezen - I always felt like the poor man's you. Wish we could have had a few more fights though.

Laviter - Ouch.

Ravon - Spanked me like a red headed step-child. Defiantely skilled but lashes of the slave is so overpowered it isn't funny. Flurry(with less lag)+ Disarm + offhand disarm + Maledictions + Demoralize in one attack. Not that you wouldn't have killed me without it.

Fortress:

While there are some really cool people as part of it. The mass log in and log outs would be hysterical if it wasn't so lame. Also the mass ganging and looting the crap out of me was fun too.

Juliane - Another bad ass dagger spec, those holy daggers hurt...

Rasomething paladin - You deleted a while back but you were one of the most honorable paladins I ever met. Really well done.

Niela - I was always amused when you would take #### about me retrieving when you had like 8 levels on me and I couldn't even see you to fight back and you usually had a healer or Paladin behind you healing you.

Rezmar - You made retrieving a pain, tough fight even out of the woods.

Wesly - I laughed my ass off when you cried about me looting you. When EVERY single piece I took was something you either looted off of me as a lowbie scavenger or were given by one of the fort after they ganged me.

Marieblia - Man transmuters are crazy good against melee classes now. I still can't believe you outmelee'd me even though you were slowed for some of it and I had imperial offense with an iron flail and iron sword and about a 65 dam roll.

Others:

Smuerlk - Always glad when you were around. Doing a great job at Chief even though it's got to be tough. Thanks for all the help.

Streilicer - My Dolphin friend, great time ranking. Had big plans for you but we never seemed to mesh times again.

Tarena - Felt bad when I killed you as soon as you logged in. Thanks for the gold and enjoyed our short talk.

Ilmdrin - Good to see a Scarab around. Wish we could have fought more.

Sure I'm missing lots of people. It was a good run up until hero. I realized that my whole master plan of choke, slow, strip, entwine, flurry wasn't going to work. I couldn't believe how much my flail skills would fail and how rare a good flurry was even with 98% and a 23 str. I should have went Bash spec like Hunsobo as well. Well die and learn I guess. I'll be back in another form or other, just one that doesn't have so much responsibility. Thanks Imms for such a great game.

61636, Id just like to say
Posted by Awk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
F%#! you. And I mean that in the best way! I remember us fighting and going "man arial sword spec rocks duergar sword spec hooray for me" Then all of the sudden you bust out flurry and I cried. While I sometimes out riposted you, id come down to that one round where either I riposted you 3/4 times or you riposted me 3/4 times and then bam flurry = poor arials. Anyway you were great to fight, always fun. Those few times I got full looted and full looted you, part of me wanted to keep it all but I realized how in the dumps imperials were, and Id rather see a stronger empire (with cool peeps in it) than weaken an already weak cabal, good luck with life, implementation and family. Come back with something fun.
61638, Loved you man, Loved you. You were 100% class too. nt
Posted by Rawanj on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
f
61627, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Dyrin the Legend of the Battlefield, Imperial War Master
Posted by Dyrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Boo. Getting beat down is not fun, but I thought you were pretty cool and I have this weakness for people willing to play against overwhelming odds, which you were willing to do. With all the Imperials moving up through the ranks, I thought you would be in a position of dominance all too soon. GLWYN.
61628, WTF?
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mek is confused. Do you talk like that while looking in the mirror, or did someone just f-up their handle?
61629, RE: WTF?
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I sure hope he muffed the latter. If not, I think Karl Malone is mudding.
61632, I ####d up. I did not mean to post as Dyrin
Posted by Xin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
my bad, very bad.
61633, Heh
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No worries. I am sure a moderator can delete the post and related WTF posts.
61635, Above poster isn't me there...
Posted by Real Drrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No Text