Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Tarena the Grand Mistress of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=61596
61596, (DELETED) [None] Tarena the Grand Mistress of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Sep 13 00:37:12 2007

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Tarena perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:113
61606, Some of the new def forms/variations
Posted by Tarena on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
swamp rat:
Allowed me to solo from 16-18 nicely. Think it did consistant devestates or so.
marshblend: Camo in the marshes
bite

oppossum:
Another nice form with plenty of defense based on dodge and skill dodge even I believe.
Feign death: Use it and you can't be where'd but you're asleep. Stand up you can be where'd, shift once or revert and you're back off the who list untill you can FD again. Great for spamming spells. (loved the bug)
bite

snow leopard:
Amazing third form that I ended up using at hero more often then not just because of the bite damage and could actually take less damage from equal or lesser mobs that didn't have a lot of skills. Throw in agility and it was very strong.
bite
snowblend
snowscatter:vanish in snow
some kind of quiet movement in snow
prot vs cold
skill dodge
snow tracking: pounce in the snow
rake: utter crap 2 hits for maybe decimates
damage at hero was mutilate-evicerates twice a round with occasional fours

pachyderm:
Damage resistance was nice for when I was being damage over timed to death while exploring and traps. But the fact you have to take almost every hit was kinda uncool. Buff the thick hide and It'd be better. Blunt damage hurt too.
Dismember-masacre once a round.
scent: Tracking via smell
a little slow in movement I believe (coulda just been laggy that one time and It left an impression)
trample: 1-3 hits for mutilates. If it's 2-3 then it lagged..not sure how long.
trumpet: saves vs spell and paralysis I think. -9 or so
toss: maybe 25%-50% chance to force someone to flee. Decent.
Massive damage reduction: With shell *** became grazes.
thick hide: Small chance that attacks don't hit, skills or otherwise

I also had giant crab, sea snake, dolphin which were cool.
61605, Loved my first CF hero
Posted by Tarena on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's taken me a long time to finally hero a char in this game. Tarena was fun to play mostly because she was a very happy person rp-wise. I absolutely loved the mage factor (my first mage was my first hero). Locate, fly, water breathing, pass door, and omg Identify are amazing spells to help get to know the game.

She was defense/water and mainly just an explore character and I did do a lot of that. I got to look around the lost elven vaults, veran, thar-acacia, organia, some shipwreck place, some vampire castle, coral head, half a dozen new places to level, and more or less all the area around seantryn. May not be much to some people but I was able to learn a lot and it really helps to learn this game.

I chose defense for the explore factor as well as the hope of being a non-squishy person. It worked for the most part but at least half my deaths were when I went splat out of form, no complaints though. At the low and mid levels my forms were able to make ragers run esp if they couldn't bandage 5 times in a fight.

The infamous a/b/s is kind of a bitch to get as a beginner. Never did find a barrier source (although I quit with 2 or so more places I could look). I did have some ooc friend who are good at the game telling me places to explore for items which was nice and I did end up finding 3 or so shield and aura sources each (didn't horde though).

I just wanted to thank the players in general for making this game so much fun this time around. Many helped me level my way up and were kind enough to meet me half way when going to areas. Also Thanks to all the murderers out there who never took more than $ and 1-2 things from me. The only chars I can remember are:

thuul: Everyone hates you with a passion on the forums but I loved trying to understand you and our levelings from mid thirties to mid fourties.

yrillbink: Thanks for taking me exploring/loot gathering with you once. Made my day.

Assorted forties: Loved my chat in the inn with a couple of you.

Dyrin: Thanks for being nice to me before I deleted. Although empire is more or less evil Tarena was told they wanted peace and I'm glad I could spend my my last with someone who could keep the facade up.

Finally: Thanks to the imm who liked my complex 4 background/mindset chapters and game me the ton of xp for 'em even though I wrote them late in Tarena's life. The more I played CF the more I got into it and the things the Imms did on the side (read: Stories at cf home) made me want to play harder and write up a quality role.

Tarena's role in general was: Truth: The world in general is imperfect and as such people grow up in different ways but in a perfect world people would be Good/Neutral and that is the way Tarena should strive to be. Throw in a little knowledge hunger for exploring and the like plus a happy Dipolomatic family background with a mysterious magical elf father and that's it.

forms in another post.
61620, I have to say.
Posted by Thuul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I Luh_HUVED you. It's been too long now, but one of us powered past the other I think and I didn't get to spend time with you.

I go through phases with every character where I feel like RP or Ranking or PK. I was wishing I was playing one of my dwarves with you so I could play the overly protective sort.

I honestly thought you were an old School player come home. I was imagining you were One of the old female Imms trying to get your bearings back because I so enjoyed your RP. I had a specific one in mind because of some of the things going on, but I'll hold of mentioning her name just in case she really is comming back. (No one ever picked up with me for very long on that.

At any rate, well done! I hope you were showered with gifts because you were great to be around. I don't say that very often.

I haven't had a char for nearly a month now because of RL. If I ever clear my Runners, I hope you are still here when I return.
61621, And I'm not hated.
Posted by Thuul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I keep telling myself that.