Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectPavela Champion of Virtues is long gone
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=61435
61435, Pavela Champion of Virtues is long gone
Posted by JohnnyC. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well I gotta say it was kind fun. This is only the second goodie I have ever played in my ten+ years of playing mud. And I came to realize pretty quick that goodies are not really for me. Gotta be to nice and to helpful and no so much deathful. I will say I did meet some cool people in the Fort and some well played characters. I seen this coming about a week ago when every time I logged on there would be atleast five to six other hero fort members on. To me thats just not alot of fun if you have no one to hunt. Another thing that took fun from the character is I roled it to go to the inferno. Then the captain told me anyone who went below the first circle would be kicked out of the Fort, WHICH IS STUPID! I mean why would a cabal who is hell bent on destrying evil not want to go to the most evil place in all of Thera and destroy everything? So that took alot out of the fun. I had a sick set of equipment and there was really nothing else I could think of short of whats in hell I would want. I had Defiance which I will say is a sword that should be looked into. Any weapon that weighs five pounds cant be disarmed and procs all the retard stuff it procs, I mean can it really be said fair? One paladin told me the sword didnt make the knight but it was his soul. This guy didnt have defiance or he wouldnt have said so. Cause without defaince an elven paladin is weak. 18str you get popped for an impale or pretty much anything else that weakens you and your done. So I went down swingin on a group of three like I thought Baerinika would want me to. The character was just not fun to play any more. Now for some goodbyes I guess

Immortals

Baerinika*
Only truly seen you once which wasnt enough to suit me to be honest.You seem like a really cool immortal just not around enough. Or maybe you was around more than I realized I am unsure. Thanks for the Empowerment and for the Virtue its a shame you dont like evil people or you would see more of me since Eshval is gone.

Eshval*
I know your gone but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come back when ever your able. You are by far the greatest immortal to ever asscoiate with. If you where still around I would have never played this paladin, it would have been a duergar scion shaman or something instead. Or maybe another attempt at a lich in your honor. You made this game fun to so me, and I was one of them.

Other immortals*
If you dont mind me saying so, and to hell with you if you do. Try interacting with characters to sway the game. Not rolling characters and going look how bad ass I am because I am an immortal and know where all kinds of #### is. Sway a cabal through Imm interaction not by taking the leader from people who play all the time just cause your an immortal. The last two or three Emperors=Immortals. Which to me is not doing your job. You should affect the game through taking the time to interact with people who play. Not by playing your own characters and taking leadership spots from others who strive so hard for them. It seems a little unfair to me to do so. But it your guys game and your gonna do what you want anyway. I will say this though, its a great game and I love alot of the new changes. Some very cool stuff with the edges and what not. And the shifter revamp is awesome aswell good work on all that.

Other goodbyes to come soon, untill then keep on rockin and rollin

Johnny C.
AKA Pavela and a list so long I could possibly name them all
61557, Well this has ranted on by everyone longer than intended
Posted by JohnnyC. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will take this time to say I was not trying to piss anyone off. Nor was I trying to piss in any cheros. Was simply stating the way things look from the outside. Sorry it pissed you all off, my opinoin and all I mean. I realize you guys do alot of #### in CF that no one ever sees or knows about. And I assure you that we all thank you for it. Its a damn fun game or I wouldnt be on my tenth year playing it. And I was not trying to bitch because I die or anything of the sort, we all die in this game its a pk game. I fought Cabdru most of a villagers life I had. Nepthe said I got him closer than anyone had gotten him in a long time. His cloak of displacement wisk him away. And yes it was an awesome character and yes it was well played, but I feel he did take advantages of a few things that he knew about because he was Nepthe. Does it make it wrong.....maybe......maybe not.

I pretty much have fun with every character I play in this game. Cause thats what I make them for to have fun with. I used to really suck as RP and wouldnt even attempt it. But through encouragement and what not from the Imms it has turned me into what I feel is a lot better player. And that I do thank you guys for. I guess I am still a little sore that Eshval had to leave and the game does not feel the same to me since she left. She always gave me alot of attention with every character I ever played, sometimes good attention sometimes bad. I have to say she is the Imm that really got me RP'n and her presence is missed alot by me, as I am sure it is others aswell. When I wrote what I wrote I was not trying to say #### you guys you all suck. Nor was I trying to say shove it up your ass your retards or anything like that. I was simply giving my view of some things from the outside looking in. So I will take this time to say sorry wasnt trying to piss you guys off.

Johnny C.

AKA Pavela Raheena Burggyn Arkanaia Geoona Juddao Bretania and so many other no names who have wondered around the lands known as CF
61558, And with that, we'll close this thread (n/t)
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
61523, Wherein I Agree With You
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sort of. I'll keep this pretty short, since I don't have a lot of time today.

If you dont mind me saying so, and to hell with you if you do. Try interacting with characters to sway the game.

We do this with our Imm characters and our mortal characters.

Not rolling characters and going look how bad ass I am because I am an immortal and know where all kinds of #### is.

That's a pretty silly reason to play a mortal, IMHO. I've never done that, and I never will. The main reasons I play mortals are because there's a cool character concept out there that I want to try, and I sometimes get bored as Kastellyn.

Sway a cabal through Imm interaction not by taking the leader from people who play all the time just cause your an immortal.

Don't think anyone "took" a leadership position; I actually got demoted from Empress to Dread Lady, then spent like 300+ hours at that position until the second Emperor vote happened.

The last two or three Emperors=Immortals.

Two; Hunsobo (Twist) and Kharghurln (me). Don't think Skiltore was an Imm, and I don't think Draktel was an Imm. But hey, whatever, I'd call it luck and timing more than anything else.

I'd also point out that I pretty much promoted any idiot with a pulse in the Black Sect up to Dread Lord, but still age-died with the seat vacant. Pretty much anyone could have rolled up a necro or AP and power ranked to fill that seat then competed against Hunsobo for Emperor. Even you. But you didn't. So remind me again what your complaint is?

Which to me is not doing your job.

This sentence right here is, IMHO, where you go from "silly but harmless ranting" to "#### you".

a) Being an Imm on CF is not a job. It never has been. It's a hobby. Don't confuse the two.

b) Even if it were a job, you have absolutely no idea what that job entails. How can you tell me if I am doing my job or not if you don't know what that job is?

You should affect the game through taking the time to interact with people who play. Not by playing your own characters and taking leadership spots from others who strive so hard for them.

Gotcha. Covered this above.

It seems a little unfair to me to do so. But it your guys game and your gonna do what you want anyway.

IMHO, the game belongs to everyone who plays it; Imms don't "own" it.

I will say this though, its a great game and I love alot of the new changes. Some very cool stuff with the edges and what not. And the shifter revamp is awesome aswell good work on all that.

I agree. Thanks!

I'll close this by saying that Imms are responsible for two basic functions of the game; but you have to view the game as a tapestry for the analogy to really work.

1. Creating the framework on which the tapestry is woven. This covers things like coding, area writing, standardization, description checking, etc. Background stuff that benefits everyone who plays the game, all the time.

2. Weaving threads among the threads that mortals are weaving at any given time. This includes things like role checking, mob animation, religions, questy stuff, etc. Basically, direct interaction between an Immortal and a mortal.

Your post basically says, "Do #2, and do it as an Immortal, because that would make me happy." Right on. I totally understand. This kind of interaction is very important, and maybe we aren't doing enough of it, because we're spending too much time on #1. Or #2 as mortals. So here's where I agree with you: spending more time interacting with players as an Immortal is a good thing.

But dude, let me tell you: you sure have a ####ty way of trying to make a point.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***
61526, I recognise that quote!
Posted by Yhorian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Believe it or not, that sentiment was the motivation for the Thror-based competition. It's an astute way of describing the mortal/immortal perspective.

And yes, I did save that quote in it's own little quote file entitled 'kastellyn's cool quote' (.txt)

With the shameless praise for that analogy theft out of the way, I agree completely that Immortals have as much a right to play mortals as the rest of us. I've never felt like immortals are necessary to roleplay in general, and even as a priest-class I try to be as autonomous as possible with my characters direction. People who believe they need an immortal behind them all the way pushing the 'Immlove' button need to do some growing up. Your jealousy of others is not only a detriment to the players you're trying to bring down (in this case, the imms) but to YOURSELF. You won't be able to make great characters until you see what it is that makes them - passion, originality and hard work. You can pk like a fluff-ball (Brumbalin) or mow down armies (Cabdru) but it doesn't mean anything until you add more to the game than that whitenoise of CF that is YOUR WHINING.

Thank you.

Yhorian.

PS - I'd post the original quote, but it's paraphrased far better above.
61550, Pavela is on crack, but...
Posted by Dwoggurd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But when somebody ####storms all around he can sometimes accidentally hit right spots.

>Don't think anyone "took" a leadership position; I actually
>got demoted from Empress to Dread Lady, then spent like 300+
>hours at that position until the second Emperor vote
>happened.

I don't think many suspect you in "taking" a leadership position. However, where mortals usually end up anathemed you got merely demoted to the sect leader position and returned back to the throne.
Don't take me wrong, I don't believe in any straightforward conspiracy in this case. It's just a coincide but a some sort of a coincide that sometimes happens when a certain ring is involved. It's like if a coach is a father and his son is in the team, he gets some sort of special treating anyway even if his father tries to be all around fair. You know, a bit here and a bit there...

>The last two or three Emperors=Immortals.
>
>Two; Hunsobo (Twist) and Kharghurln (me). Don't think
>Skiltore was an Imm, and I don't think Draktel was an Imm.
>But hey, whatever, I'd call it luck and timing more than
>anything else.

There is an inherit problem with Empire and immortals playing sect leaders. Imperial conspiracy doesn't work well in this case. Immortals can snoop, can read all notes, listen all cabal channels. They can read roles and even if they don't want it, they may already know what plans are in mind of opposing sect leaders.
Hell, it may even happen that another sect leader is a follower of that immortal. He may end with some funny immteraction where he uncovers his conspiracy plans directly to the immortal and thus to the player who plays another sect leader.
However, I don't propose to close the Empire for immortals, I rather propose to get rid out of imperial conspiracy :)
It doesn't work well in many cases anyway. So I, as a player, would like to see it transformed into something different. What? I can't say right now. Make a brainstorm.

61553, RE: Pavela is on crack, but...
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>>Don't think anyone "took" a leadership position; I actually
>>got demoted from Empress to Dread Lady, then spent like 300+
>>hours at that position until the second Emperor vote
>>happened.
>
>I don't think many suspect you in "taking" a leadership
>position. However, where mortals usually end up anathemed you
>got merely demoted to the sect leader position and returned
>back to the throne.
>Don't take me wrong, I don't believe in any straightforward
>conspiracy in this case. It's just a coincide but a some sort
>of a coincide that sometimes happens when a certain ring is
>involved. It's like if a coach is a father and his son is in
>the team, he gets some sort of special treating anyway even if
>his father tries to be all around fair. You know, a bit here
>and a bit there...

I think the sect leaders wanted the lich to be the emperor. Kharg hadn't done anything wrong and he just went along with it. I didn't see anything funky about that.
61519, RE: Pavela Champion of Virtues is long gone
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Well I gotta say it was kind fun. This is only the second
>goodie I have ever played in my ten+ years of playing mud. And
>I came to realize pretty quick that goodies are not really for
>me. Gotta be to nice and to helpful and no so much deathful.

Hard to be deathful when you do more shiny hunting than evil hunting.

> Another thing that took fun from
>the character is I roled it to go to the inferno.

Paladin is one of the last choices I'd make for an inferno char.

> Then the captain told me anyone who went below the first circle would
>be kicked out of the Fort, WHICH IS STUPID! I mean why would a
>cabal who is hell bent on destrying evil not want to go to the
>most evil place in all of Thera and destroy everything?

Good for him. When I was Meagara (Marshall) I tried to discourage Hell-trippin' in Forties but it was hard because Forsk (Captain) seemed to be a big helltripper. So I just ridiculed him about it instead. :)

It's been said before, but you do have to do something pretty evil and self-denigrating to get beyond the first circle. I can see a good aligned char doing it. I can even see a paladin doing it. But it'd have to be for a specific purpose, to me...not just shiny hunting or exploration (rescuing a good aligned PC trapped deeper, for instance).

>I had Defiance which I will say is
>a sword that should be looked into. Any weapon that weighs
>five pounds cant be disarmed and procs all the retard stuff it
>procs, I mean can it really be said fair? One paladin told me
>the sword didnt make the knight but it was his soul. This guy
>didnt have defiance or he wouldnt have said so. Cause without
>defaince an elven paladin is weak. 18str you get popped for an
>impale or pretty much anything else that weakens you and your
>done. So I went down swingin on a group of three like I
>thought Baerinika would want me to. The character was just not
>fun to play any more. Now for some goodbyes I guess

And here we have the real reason for the deletion. I can't blame you, I almost deleted when Hunsobo lost his uberset. I might have even attempted to delude myself and say that I deleted for some reason other than losing shinies, too. Nobody's perfect.

>Other immortals*
>If you dont mind me saying so, and to hell with you if you do.

Well that's definitely a way to start constructive criticism.

>Try interacting with characters to sway the game. Not rolling
>characters and going look how bad ass I am because I am an
>immortal and know where all kinds of #### is.

Wow you hit the nail right on the head. That's totally why I rolled Hunsobo. Oh, wait, no it isn't. I rolled him up to help a cabal that was hurting because I'd done most all of what I could from an imm standpoint.

Oh and FYI? I did interact with Draktel (Emperor before Kharghurln) and give him little bonuses and such because he kept on truckin'. There's only so much you can do to help out a cabal or one char as an Imm. That's actually the reason Hunsobo was rolled. As I stated in my goodbye thread - he was going to be a level 30ish guy who just retrieved for Draktel, but it didn't work out that way.

> Sway a cabal
>through Imm interaction not by taking the leader from people
>who play all the time just cause your an immortal. The last
>two or three Emperors=Immortals. Which to me is not doing your
>job.

Last I looked, it wasn't your "job" to tell us what our "jobs" are.

> You should affect the game through taking the time to
>interact with people who play. Not by playing your own
>characters and taking leadership spots from others who strive
>so hard for them. It seems a little unfair to me to do so.

In general, Imms neither want nor go after leadership spots in cabals with their mortals. We typically get enough of that as our Imm char. And we sure don't take imm-awarded leadership spots if someone else is more deserving. You may have noticed that Emperor (and Sect Leadership) are mortal-decided?

>But
>it your guys game and your gonna do what you want anyway. I
>will say this though, its a great game and I love alot of the
>new changes. Some very cool stuff with the edges and what not.
>And the shifter revamp is awesome aswell good work on all
>that.

This is a very nice comment. Thank you.
61535, RE: Pavela Champion of Virtues is long gone
>In general, Imms neither want nor go after leadership spots in
>cabals with their mortals. We typically get enough of that as
>our Imm char. And we sure don't take imm-awarded leadership
>spots if someone else is more deserving. You may have noticed
>that Emperor (and Sect Leadership) are mortal-decided?

I will echo this. For quite awhile, Zekaris, was really the only evil that showed up consistently. Sebeok realized this and made me the leader. The guy who inducted me deleted shortly after doing so. I spend a lot of time interacting with players who want to get empowerment. It's interviewing. Having to interview while playing as well can be a bit of a chore at times. More times than not, I just want to play a character.
61546, As Greddarh
Posted by Elhe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was ONLY scion who showed up consistently for about 150+ hours. Did I get Advisor/Chanceller? No. Then Cabdru came out from nowhere and took leader position :) (I blame Nepe! :P). I'm not saying that he was not around much enough :))
61552, RE: As Greddarh
It wasn't your numbers or your rp that kept you from a leader position. In fact, that got you an elder status with the cabal. It was the other stuff that kept you from being a leader. You should know what I am talking about.
61554, Heh
Posted by Dwoggurd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>It wasn't your numbers or your rp that kept you from a leader
>position. In fact, that got you an elder status with the
>cabal. It was the other stuff that kept you from being a
>leader. You should know what I am talking about.

If that is what I'm thinking about then the same sort of stuff happened to early Cabdru as well.
61545, Not all that true
>>>You may have noticed that Emperor (and Sect Leadership) are mortal-decided?

Yes but who selects sect leaders? - Imms (if there is no Emperor)
So actualy you have huge affect on who will be Emperor.

61484, Please, shut up TXT
Posted by Larcat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My most recent hero fought Hunsobo and Kharglurhn all the time. They consistantly whupped my ass. There are even logs of Hunsobo doing it! They added to the game, period. Morts played to that level do just as much for CF as a hundred small Immteractions. However, those characters don't make YOU personally feel special, so please...

Kharg is in the running for Best Mort Ever, after Tjok of course.

Hunsobo was damned good.

Shut up.
61460, I enjoy Imms playing mortals
Posted by TheDude on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Keep it up, you IMM dudes. I'm always amazed that some of you can have so much all-around energy to put into this game.

I won't say anything about Pavela as a character, because all I saw was Elf Paladin #17. Not that there's anything wrong with that. And also your attitude from your post smells like my fantasy football team this week. Pew.
61459, Why is it...
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...That the guys who make such sweeping, accusatory, and nasty posts always seem like they play the shortest-lived characters?

Pavela was 144 hours old. That is just not that long. Sure, it IS 144 hours, but most characters don't accrue the kind of interactions you are looking for in twice or three times that amount. (I know I certainly don't).

Build your character for longevity, and be more patient.
61458, One less Fortress to deal with
Posted by Scion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seriously, #### you guys. It's ridiculous how clingy you guys are to each other. ####, when I used to be that clingy in another game, the admin gave me an umbilical cord.

Good riddance.

Not a bad charac. We've had our ups and down. I agree defiance is overly powerful, but apparently, the difficulty of getting it offsets it's overpowerness. I actually find that hard to believe...not to mention there are more than one Defiance. I think out of all the great powerful items, in turns of ability to obtain and power, it comes far above everything else, including Cabdru's axe.

Imms are generally ok. Lack of imm interaction is pretty lame I have to admit. But hey, don't play the game for imm interactions and you'll get plenty.
61500, defiance balance
Posted by Lightplayer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As someone who has played 10 level 51 paladins, 3 of whom wielded defiance, my opinion is that current state is fine. (I have also played anti paladins with 50 charged weapons, necromancers, etc. never did lich though.)

Defiance is not that easy to get, you need a good combination. And its also just a weapon and there are still many ways to get around a paladin.

Goodies have paladins and the chance to get defiance, bal talon.

Also, a paladin with defiance isn't lethal, in the sense if they engage you, there's a good chance you can run away.

A lich however, is very lethal, as well as a decently charged AP. Bumping into them and you might not be able to run away.

Baddies have liches.

I think balance is fine.

P/S I am playing an evil now.
61511, RE: defiance balance
If you compare it to evils, yes some of the aspects of Defiance isn't bad. But you're comparing a weapon with mad progs that can be obtained in about...2 hours or so?...as compared to a 50 charge that took over 100 hours or a lich who spent countless hours getting a lich.

As I stated in my original post, comparative to everything else with respect to power/time/availability, Defiance is pretty overpowered.
61514, RE: defiance balance
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll skip the complicated analysis of restrictions, drawbacks, and special Defiance quirks that you probably don't know about and simply say:

It's often really good for what it is. Of course, you're also a paladin.
61518, Touche
Yea, gotta admit being a paladin is a drawback. Hard to land a lot of kills unless you're a really strong tracker or you have that nifty tattoo :P

61522, RE: Touche
Heh. I more was referring to the RP difficulties of being a paladin. Most of my deaths with that class are in circumstances I would never, ever, ever get into with a necromancer or A-P.
61528, RE: Touche
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Have Paladins ever been punished for getting Defiance "at all costs?" I've heard that some get entire groups killed for the sake of obtaining the sword.
61540, Let me break defiance down for ya like a fraction
Posted by JOhnnyC. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To be real honest, (and no I will not tell you how) You can take two people One being the paladin and one other person and go get defiance in about 15 real life minutes at most. To me that seems to be the stupidiest thing I ever heard of. And its always gonna be there? And it procs wrath cant be disarmed hold person dispell magic and supplications. And this is not an overpowered weapon. Lets be honest here, if your a paladin with defiance its damn near immpossible for one solo player to drop you. Because one either they get held and you beat them to death while they stand there. Or two it dispels everything they have up and you beat them half to death before they run away. Defiance is a retarded weapon and there is no weapon even close to it for evil people.
61541, God you're an idiot. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
g
61555, I know how to get defiance with only me and one person in ten minutes and I am the idiot?
Posted by JohnnyC on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Its cake I assure you. Takes nothing more than the paladin to pick it up and someone to open the door for ya. You do the math smart guy
61453, RE: Pavela Champion of Virtues is long gone

>Other immortals*
>immortal and know where all kinds of #### is. Sway a cabal
>job. You should affect the game through taking the time to
>so hard for them. It seems a little unfair to me to do so. But
>it your guys game and your gonna do what you want anyway.

I assume you'll be attempting to imm immediately so you can do that.

Wait, what's that? You want to tell me what to do and not do it yourself? I echo Zulg's '#### you', with a side of extra #### you.

P.S. #### you.
61469, RE: Pavela Champion of Virtues is long gone
Posted by Dark Priest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've been hanging around CF for about seven years now I believe but I very seldom post anything but this time there are two things I would like to point out, from an unbiased and neutral point of view.

One, the person was simply stating their thoughts and didn't seem to get rude or childish about it, imo.

Second, if you thought that they were being rude or insulted you in some form...why lower yourself to that level, especially as a staff member? A little professionalism and willingness to at least hear others ideas constructively wouldn't kill anyone, might actually help out a lot.
61472, The original post seemed extremely immature.
Posted by Pro-man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What's more it's staggering that he's so clearly confused over basic principles of good and evil and what sort of conduct begats what.

So much so, I am suprised he wasn't given Immortal rewards and Tat'ed by Lyristeon.
61477, Way to make me break the cardinal rule
Posted by Linaeren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One post and only one for me on this. I've been listening to you and a couple others on the trib-side bitch for a while. I've tried to bite my tongue, but I can't watch this #### and not say something.

Disclaimer: I am in no way complaining, just trying to point a few things out to you.

Since Lyristeon has been giving tribunal some much needed attention, one of the hugest things that has taken place is that there has continually been a Provost, Vindicator (there were 2 at one point FFS), Justicar, Provincials, and promotions up from Seantryn. One char was tatted by a god that isn't even active. One is on his second BONUS form one of which is an actual quest form. The spire is in no shortage of characters with last names and titles. Having played a trib during a huge lull in imm attention I can honestly say that was the biggest burn for me while in the spire was the stagnation. If you hadn't noticed, the spire is thriving in a way I'm not sure I've ever seen.

I am not dissatisfied with my own experiences by any means. I have gotten imm xp for my role, for getting tatted, and I got a last name and title. Thats it. I'm perfectly happy with it.

I wouldn't normally post with an active character, but to say what I wanted to say I need some kind of credibility and this is I think the third post (or more) I've seen from you today alone. You need to step back into the reality of the situation, open your eyes, get the chip off your shoulder, and shut the #### up. Right now I *know* of one imm hooking up trib and you are pissing in eye about it.
61481, I can't make you do anything you don''t want to do here.
Posted by Pro-man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you call deragotory titles and snap uninductions combined with several other tid bits a "hook up" I'd hate to see how you define screwing someone over.

I think CraftedD would disagree with your definition of a hook up.

though

I can't recall making claim one way or another that the Spire was Alpha or Under dog or that it was poorly served in general.

I've been pretty specific Siloreel seems content to make sweeping generalizations about the members, perhaps because after breaking the law and a rule or two of the Spire he was "Hooked up" where as A couple others were shown the road (Myself not included in this bunch)

Over all I would say the Spire is progressing rather Chaoticly.
61482, Disclaimer/Addendum
Posted by Pro-Man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I haven't played in it for a month or so now, so I have no idea if things have changed one way or another.
61503, Get over Thuul
Posted by lurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We all understand you are disgruntled. Please. Stop. And for someone I would've pegged as chaotic if not for the Tribunal next to their name, you are not one to criticize other people for 'sweeping generalizations' (see all your goodbye posts claiming people were not orderly).

61517, Was chaotic.
Posted by Thuul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But bound by law.
61488, RE: Pavela Champion of Virtues is long gone
Frankly, the post was extremely presumptuous and insulting. As well to ask why one can't have a polite and level-headed conversation about jackalopes violating one's uncle. It's already well outside polite country.

People who earn my respect get professionalism. (As do people who pay me extremely well to be professional, in non-CF parts of my life.) People who have done nothing to earn my respect and compound that by making asinine demands get ####ed in the ear.
61499, RE: Pavela Champion of Virtues is long gone
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The way I heard the story it was my uncle who violated the jackalopes, but then we were all pretty drunk that night so
who knows what really happened.

Other than that, I put my vote in with 3 cheers to Imms
playing mortals, the rp brings out better rp in everyone
they run across, even enemies. Forget all the tripe people
are trying to bandy about... they make the game more fun
by playing. To top it off, if the people who write up the
stuff play and run across "X race/class get ravaged by everything
they meet, we need to change X" or "Something is out-of-whack
and over powered with this race/class/item/skill etc..."
then you have people who probably look at it like
Hrm, looks off, but let's try this that and the other first
before jacking it up.
Still off? time to tweak.

instead of whiny player #37 going I got whipped by something!
must be overpowered... or Arrogant ass #523 "No I wasn't exploiting a bug that made me overpowered, I'm just too cool for words"

Yes yes yes, I'm up too late and tired, just a step shy of
ding-batty, but I'm still basically saying what I mean.
No I haven't been drinking, maybe I should be. :)
61501, RE: Pavela Champion of Virtues is long gone
Posted by Dark Priest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I do see your point. In my initial read-over, it seemd a bit on the fringes but not quite over the edge. I apreciate your response and see your point, I do agree. I work as staff on another MU* (but prefer play here, go figure) and I would have taken it the same way.
61504, RE: Pavela Champion of Virtues is long gone
Posted by CurrentPlayer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, I'm going for the whole IMM process, does that mean I get to bitch about you all I want? :P
61505, RE: Pavela Champion of Virtues is long gone
Sure! Although it also means that I get to hand you lots of menial work. :)
61530, RE: Pavela Champion of Virtues is long gone
Posted by CurrentPlayer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Whew, good thing I'm already use to that. Meh work fer da government, yuh...and computer science major :/
61445, I had a stricter policy as Captain. Here's why.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As you progress deeper and deeper into hell, you have to commit progressively more evil acts as you go to move to the next level. What in that says "Champion of virtues" to you?

I think the Captain has every right to lay down a policy about not going to hell, and think it's great that he's imposing restrictions. Being a good aligned character isn't just being nice to people and helping lowbies, it's about adhering to a moral code of conduct and doubly so for Fort characters.

The current captain is going a great job of keeping goodies from being nothing more than Imperials with gold auras. Thats something the Fort has sorely needed for some time.
61467, Do you realise that
this Captain uses cloak which you can get only with becoming MORE evil. So I donno how cool to use cloak that can be obtained by a price of someone to become more evil. And then you just tell to everyone.. no any travels to hell? :)
61468, RE: Do you realise that
Posted by Mek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think it matters if the Captain in particular did not go into Hell and get it. Ripping it from someone's cold, dead grasp is completely different.

Why should I have to even say this? You know it as well as I do.
61506, RE: I had a stricter policy as Captain. Here's why.
Posted by Leprechaun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know the hell area at all, so I don't know the specifics you talk about, but:

> Being a good aligned character isn't just being nice to people and helping lowbies, it's about adhering to a moral code of conduct and doubly so for Fort characters.

Yes, but for me to be a Paladin is about sticking your head deep into Evil and re-emerge untouched and victorious. So deep that any other person would be consumed by the darkness, yet the Paladin would shrug it off as 'part of the job'. That to me is a true Paladin.

So not going to Hell because the Captain says you shouldn't, doesn't sound entirely right to me. A Paladin should at least debate about how he's capable of enduring pure evil.

Ofcourse, if he'd have to destroy the soul of an innocent to open up a certain passage, it'd be an evil act*. But again, I don't know the specifics you're talking about.

* Would make you wonder what that innocent soul was doing in Hell though ... :P
61520, No, you aren't getting it and its not your fault. It isn't entirely clear.
Posted by A2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mechanically it makes you less pure in the game. For example, I remember when Balrahd (the character) went to hell, and could not wield defiance afterwards even though he still had a (gold aura).

Edit: I was just pointing out that there are mechanical changes as well as RP oriented problems as well.
61521, Without giving away too much...
Posted by Kadsies on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Its not going to hell thats a problem its what you have to do in hell to move from circle to circle thats the issue for goodies. There is some pretty unsavory stuff involved.
61437, RE: Pavela Champion of Virtues is long gone
>Other immortals*
>immortal and know where all kinds of #### is. Sway a cabal
>job. You should affect the game through taking the time to
>so hard for them. It seems a little unfair to me to do so. But
>it your guys game and your gonna do what you want anyway. I
>will say this though, its a great game and I love alot of the
>new changes. Some very cool stuff with the edges and what not.
>And the shifter revamp is awesome aswell good work on all
>that.

Wow...my response to you is "#### you". Those people were nominated Emperor by the players (Sect Leaders) not the Immortals. Those two in particular do a lot to interact and help out with the game. So stop talking out your ass.
61438, No need to be all butt hurt cause I didnt mention your name
And I am sure they do help out behind the scenes, but the fact is that of course they can get Emperor from being voted. They are Immortals and know exactly what to do and say to other players to influcence thier votes the way they see fit. I am not saying it shouldnt be allowed or #### like that. I am saying the game is alot better when you guys make #### happen through interaction. Not through playing characters and gathering all the best #### and goin look at me look at me I am billy bad ass. Like the things you guys have been doing with the creatures coming up from hell has been awesome. Do MORE stuff like that and you will see the player base start picking up again.
61439, RE: No need to be all butt hurt cause I didnt mention your name
Posted by Treebeard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You sound like a little bitch who's crying because he can't get a leadership spot.

You don't like how they do things? Then don't play. Criticizing those 2 chars makes you sound like a ####ing moron.
61444, Nah make no mistake I am not talkin sh*t about those two
Both where very well played characters and well exicuted. I am simply saying what happened to the old mud where Imms interacted on almost a daily bases with mortals. Seems like some of them could giev a #### less about the people who play thier game. Which is one of the reasons I loved Eshval so dearly. She was always willing to interact, even with those who was not a follower of hers. And take Zekarish or what ever his name was. The nightreaver shaman which was Lyrestin. That guy cried like a punk bitch the day I killed him and took his wide coppers and his fire opal rings. Even though it thought is was an invoker in the tribunal. I was the one who took them. And no I didnt need them, I took them to place in the Spire pit. And to be honest. That was such a ####y played character I would have never guessed it was an imm playing it. And how did he get nightreaver anyway? appoint himself!? And Zulggy no need to get all pissy man. I wasnt talkin #### about you I know your around alot. And I know you interact alot. So if it wasnt directed at you stop talkin #### like it was.
61446, RE: Nah make no mistake I am not talkin sh*t about those two
I do a lot of the interacting with mortals that you are asking about. I just tend to give my interactions to the players who have earned it.
61483, How do you define earn it Smith Barney?
Posted by Pro-Man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What are you're criteria? Aside from Linarean (SP?) I haven't been able to tolerate a single follower of yours and all of your rewards and many of your comments leave me with a Gaping Maw.

We've never made it a secret that we don't like each other, but aside from your ability to Gecho and RP on some level You have a habit of encouraging/promoting some rather contoversial characters.
61447, Just because..
Just because all of the Immortals don't have such a strong in your face presense with what they actually do in the mud doesn't mean they don't do anything. Christ. Lyristeon is a very involved Imm as far as interacting with mortals goes just from what I've read on these forums about people praising him and thanking him. I didn't like Zekaris either, but there is no reason to get all offensive and call people out to prove a point (which you didn't do by the way, just made yourself look even more like an asshole). I don't understand how you claim to have played this mud for 10 years. Did you start playing when you were 2?
61455, RE: Nah make no mistake I am not talkin sh*t about those two
As far as crying goes, I don't think I did that at all. After being ganged down by 6 or 7 only to find the only things taken were things that nobody was using was just lame in my opinion. I didn't keep on about it or anything, just let you know. Don't act like you killed me solo and then I whined. It wasn't like that at all and you know it.
61456, Dont make it sound like you were solo either.
Posted by CraftedD on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Pretty sure outlanders were trying to gang tribunal while retreiving from the horde of villagers! Not to mention just because you guys decided to move to eastern for the summon attack trick with linaeren freed you from the previous strikes. After all, you did summon me and attack me. In which case the gang came to assist.

61440, I could give a #### if you mention me
>And I am sure they do help out behind the scenes, but the
>fact is that of course they can get Emperor from being voted.
>They are Immortals and know exactly what to do and say to
>other players to influcence thier votes the way they see fit.

Are you for real? Players also know what to do and say to other players to influence their votes.

>I am not saying it shouldnt be allowed or #### like that. I am
>saying the game is alot better when you guys make #### happen
>through interaction.

You know what...playing high quality mortals is also interaction.

>Not through playing characters and
>gathering all the best #### and goin look at me look at me I
>am billy bad ass.

Sounds to me like you don't like dying to people (immortal or mortal). Get used to it. It's a PK mud. There are far more PK-oriented superior mortal players in the playerbase than Immortals.

>Like the things you guys have been doing
>with the creatures coming up from hell has been awesome. Do
>MORE stuff like that and you will see the player base start
>picking up again.

And all of that takes significant amounts of time to set up, gather enough people to run, and execute. I agree, it's great when it happens, but it's not like any of us can just sit down and put that together, set it up and pull it off in an hour.
61441, Wow...you're an asshole.
Immortals are some of the coolest roleplayers and pkers in the game. If they want to play mortals while finding the time to contribute to the mud through coding and area writing, let them. They do too ####ing much as it is, the majority of them. Way to tell them '#### you' instead of 'Thank you' you ####ing ungreatful undeserving prick.
61466, Since when Imms coolest pkers in the game??? n/t
n/t
61471, Padgett, Zeglufin, Cabdru?
I'd take Sebeok, Zulgh, or Nepenthe at my side in any pk situation over some dirty rusky any day. >=)
61436, Reason under the above with some immortal goodbyes nt.
wfo