Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Biolanthus the Dweller of the Wilds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=60764
60764, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Biolanthus the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Aug 19 07:03:35 2007

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Biolanthus perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:170
60839, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Biolanthus the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Biolanthus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, this was my first character in six years. Not quite anything like Trewyn was, not anywhere near as fun, but Biolanthus was what Quesnel was supposed to have been before I got side tracked by Jacynth. So now having played every cabal, I feel complete. It was neat realizing that after six years of being away, that nearly NOTHING had changed. Just some new areas, and the balancing was somewhat returned, though I REALLY don't like warriors being able to dish out Demolishes through Oblits without some old-timey shaman supplications. Even Biolanthus could snap off the occasional non-vuln Devastate.

Anyways, Biolanthus had no role, so as the character developed more and more it became harder and harder to justify certain things, and instead of it becoming easier to play, it became harder to play. For isntance, I couldn't justify WHY I was in the Nexus cabal except that I was and that's what I wanted to do. Plus I was just generally causing havoc in the Nexus cabal and while that was fun, the cabal is already tough enough, so no real need in all that. I did like pretty much everyone in there even though Biolanthus didn't. I pretty much just picked crap I wanted to see and had no real role-play purposes for anything. I power ranked to hero in what equates to two weeks of play. They REALLY made it easy to level up now, and for all you pussies who think it's hard to learn and master your skills, kiss my rear cause Biolanthus had a giant int of 17 and STILL managed to master nearly everything. It's NOT hard if you actually fight mobs that are your level instead of being a #### and picking on little things. It took 30 seconds to come up with the name, a minute and a half to come up with the nexus role, about two days to figure out how to string it all together to actually get in, and then the rest was pure ****-off. I REALLY hated losing my fast-camo at level 30 cause I NEVER got it back no matter how much time I spent in the woods. I ALMOST had it back one time, and then the ragers came for like an hour long raid where we actually killed four of 'em, and that undid anything I'd already done in the getting my fast camo back. So no fast camo, no bearcharge, no role, it all started getting annoying. My only real regrets are accidentally killing Xilia that last time, I seriously thought you were still a ghost. My bad. And not going to the tower with Krengrar. That tower was my favorite area back in the day so that woulda been fun. Also, on a side note, I HAVEN'T played in six years, and I STILL found like six really OBVIOUS wand locations and I'm NOT a mage. So quit you're gripin' and play the damn game. But since I wanted a real character in Nexus and not a screw-off char, Bio had to go cause I can't have two in the same cabal. So I'll play my evil characters a while and then I'll be back with someone with a real role. So I'll see ya'll soon.
60832, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Biolanthus the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Dalgorin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well there were a couple of fun moments at least. :)
Luck to your next.
60828, Ahhh, man...
Posted by Krengrar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What happened? I was looking forward to searching for that dragon with you...
60808, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Biolanthus the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Berak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aaw man. :( To bad to see you go. Had some fun battles with you. To bad that I heard that many of my village friends full-looted you quite a bunch of times. I never did though, ever only took a staff from your corpse.

You were a good foe, always afraid that I'd run into one of your traps on my way back home to the village. I remember when you got both me and Armonk in one of your traps.

Good luck with the next one, and see you in the fields!
60838, Actually they didn't full loot me. Some would even let me keep my aura talismans. (nt)
Posted by Biolanthus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
60767, I'm sorry to see this.
Posted by Dejebi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some great battles, and some really close ones on both sides. You were always willing to mix it up and I admire that a lot. I tried to refrain from breaking your weapons there, as I've tried to refrain from it with everyone, but sometimes it has to be done. Anyway, great job and come back as a foe! I like good battles!