Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [FORTRESS] Thoric the Unquenchable Flame of Mercy, Marshall of the Fortress
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=60452
60452, (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Thoric the Unquenchable Flame of Mercy, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Aug 12 16:51:26 2007

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Thoric perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:311
60457, RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Thoric the Unquenchable Flame of Mercy, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the title, "Unquenchable Flame of Mercy" is a little...mismatched?

Not that Thoric didn't deserve a title, but that I don't usually associate the words "Unquenchable Flame" with "Mercy".
60549, RE: (AUTO) [FORTRESS] Thoric the Unquenchable Flame of Mercy, Marshall of the Fortress
Posted by Corrlaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Most people haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what COULD be played out as a follower of Corrlaan's with regards to Mercy.

I had some other things in store but put them on the backburner, and maybe they will come into play sooner than later..but right off the top of my head.

I can see a Druid showing nature Mercy while defending it with his life.

I can see a Merciful Assassin who believes the swift slice of his sword delivers a release to his foes, thus granting them peace.

I can see an Imperial Priest who preaches the word of the Empire, subjugating towns and villages because he believes it is a Merciful Act to bring these people out of the strife and squalor they live in.

Corrlaan isnt all raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Believe it or not.

Thoric was a relentless blaze of Merciful vengeance delivered on his enemies. That is when he logged in. *poke Thoric*

60453, Well, color me embarressed....
Posted by Treebeard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What can I say.

This is probably, in many ways, my most successful char ever. 2nd leader, 2nd tat, but first combo of the two. First empowered hero, first goodie non-rager hero. First role contest winner. It was an incredible ride.

So what happened? Well, for starters I moved across country and started looking for a job. I just got one, so thats done. But after my week or so of transitioning and moving, I broke my golden rule. Again. I rolled a lowbie for 'those times when hero range is boring.'

If there was an option to have my personal char limit hard-coded to 1, I'd do it in a second. Because I lack disciplin? I dunno. A good chunk of it was the shaman class. I loved learning a whole different play style, though people could probably tell I was extreemly new to shaman pk. Got called a rot-whore a lot...which didn't usually bother me, but hey, its a class ability, and easy to survive.

I still feel like (and this is probably arrrogent) someone who took an amazing char and pissed it away. The role contest winning took me totally by surprise, and my rewards were fantastic. I don't think people liked Martyr on me, but I know I did.

Goobyes are going to be hard since its been a little while.

Corrlaan: THanks for everything. I know we didn't see too much of eachother, but what we did was fantastic. Thanks for the tat!

Imms in general: Thanks for the role contest. I really tried to keep up my role, and I think this char taught me a lot about how to rp and stick to a role.

Fortress: There are so many of you i interacted with. Niheriva, I know I let you down by leaving you alone, and for that Im sorry. You were an amazing ally.

Gromkonk, you were great to butt heads with, and a really fun co-leader.

The rest of you, I tried to teach and help where I could. I'll reply to any who might respond for specifics

Empire: Kharg, you really made me want to age-die this char. I know I didn't come close, but I had illusions (or delusions:P) of ascending to heaven like you did into hell. Oh well, your rp was so consistant it made everyone better.

Hunsobo, what I said about Kharg's rp goes the same for you, if not more so. You made me laugh so much, though it was frustrating as hell because there wasn't a heck of a lot I could do. Incredible job

Battle: Brinkmun, it was fun to bicker with you and tussle a little. You've been a great char to watch mature, too.

Vhloug, so damn consistant and ballsy. I didn't do much with you as this char, but I fought against you a long while back as Biendach, and remember how tough you were. Great job

Jun, it was nice to have a goodie rager to chat with.

Tribunal: Maethron, Thoric hated you. He thought you enforced the law in an immoral way, by hiding and letting people commit crimes. He thought you were reating more crime than preventing, by doing that. But you're still around, and rp consistantly, so I know you must've done a fantastic job.

Sil and Izul, we had some fun fights. Good work

Scion, its been a while, but Victoria, good fights. Laviter, good fights too. I was at a loss of what to do against both of you. Regis, ouch.

Outlander: Xin, I'm sorry I didn't help you more, I feel like I always was around when you died.

Halistanis, what we did do together was fun. Always wondered weather you'd come for my dwarfs and paladins.

Others: Sorry Im forgeting so many. Kubliak, I know you thought I was a 1 trick pony, but I really am new to shaman pk, and learn a little slow. Hack arm pwned me.

Im forgetting so many people, so I'm sorry for that. Reply an I'd be more than glad to.

Imms, again thank you for such a great game. I know a glimpse of what you put in, and hott damn do I appreciate it.

Treebeard aka Thoric, Biendach, Algrahk, Gondrak, Glaurthran, and so many more.
60455, RE: Well, color me embarressed....
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked the start of this character, and then... yeah.

Next time around just go ahead and delete when your heart's not in it. I'd rather remember Thoric as that guy who was really cool for two months than as that cabal leader that never showed up. Right now it's more the latter that sticks for me.
60548, Hey Stranger
Posted by Corrlaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I know I played a little hands-off with you only because of the role, and how I felt Corrlaan would 'mentor' someone like you.

I watched and listened a lot and always liked your method of getting your 'point' across. Had a few things up my sleeve for you but such is life.

Go at it again. Thanks for being a follower.