Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Sarsett the Hand of the Unseen
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=60196
60196, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Sarsett the Hand of the Unseen
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Aug 5 01:14:21 2007

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Sarsett perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:126
60209, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Sarsett the Hand of the Unseen
Posted by Duujai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked Sarsett. I don't think in all my years of playing, I've ever run into anyone so patient and understanding.
60204, Tough
Posted by Throkk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Sarsett. You played a difficult combo and I am sorry it didn't work out for you.

Our playing times rarely overlapped and when they did, Throkk usually was up to something else than grouping with Sarsett. Too bad. Good luck with the next.

60197, Aww
Posted by Linaeren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What caused that?
60201, RE: Aww
Posted by sarsett on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
knock out traps fail rate was over 90%. Not being able to think of having any reliance that the traps MIGHT work, along with three law birds etc, and barrter for potions of return being rather hard to get without using lots of damage traps to kill mobs, and having said birds swoop down etc etc.
birds not setting off traps, them being bugged and knocking out undead, etc, etc etc etc.
Char wasnt worth playing. it would have been had knockout traps had even 50% chance of working, but at hero ranks as a hero, I was still failing an incredible amount.
that period though at level 45 where I had 1 successful knock out in 89 traps. No, not doing it.
sorry linaeren
60202, RE: Sucks
Posted by Iukulli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I must admit, I felt a little guilty when I fought you as I could feel you were at a pretty big disadvantage. A thief without blackjack, especially one that cannot hide, is going to be everybody's gimp. Your traps worked against me more than you know though, but that was just something I had prepared for and was able to pretty much shake off without any visible signs.

I've played trappers in the past and know full well what you're going through with your traps. Good ones are out there, but the outlander restrictions are definitely going to make getting them in any great numbers a lot of effort for still fairly uncertain chances of them doing any good. Your class/cabal combination is something I've always wanted to do for the RP possibilities, but I don't think anybody can hold their own against the current foes you would have to constantly fight nowadays. Good luck with whatever you play next.
60206, I definately do not blame you
Posted by Linaeren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Kudos for heroing and trying to see it through. You were fun to have around, even if I couldn't understand you half the time.
60208, RE: I definately do not blame you
Posted by Xin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You tried something incredibly difficult when most people take the easy path, and that in itself led me to admire you. Like Linaeren I only understood about a third of what you said, but your actions spoke well of what you were made. GLWYN.
60211, RE: I definately do not blame you
Posted by Godhren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have nothing but tremendous respect and admiration for both the character Sarsett and the player behind him. Extremely well done, and Godhren will miss one of his best friends. You totally rocked. Thing were clearly not working out and we were holding out hope it would improve when you got to hero, but apparently it was not to be. The hero range for outlander right now is also really difficult and I think it's reasonable that you don't want to be a punching bag with a character that's not working out. I knew that barter was going to be a very big issue for you for traps and return potions; this is why I constantly harassed you to see if you needed help getting things for barter when I was around. It's just easier for two characters.

p.s. I totally *did* understand you, I loved the diction. I think you did a really good job of choosing IC diction that completely conveyed a feel of your character. Godhren didn't understand you nearly as well, but acceding to funstick requirements I made sure it was always when we had time for misunderstandings.

60332, Not buying it
Posted by Current Trapper on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We raised in ranks pretty much together for a while...

As a current trapper, I have to say, Felar are just stupid. Traps DO NOT fail as much as you claim. I've played a few trappers, a couple to Hero, before and after the revamps. You're wrong. Try a new race, that's all. I even played a Felar trapper to Hero, and easy to say, you're still wrong. No idea what spawned your bad luck, but trappers were good before and are better now. I've never failed that many traps... Ever.
60364, RE: Not buying it
Posted by Jukus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had fun with you as well, even though...IT WAS MY IDEA FIRST! Ok ok, now that I got that out of the way... It's too bad you left, what with the fact that I saw precisely 6/6 traps work first shot, and never anything else to my recollection. Drag/sleep burst/blackjack is overpowered, as long as you remember to lock doors.

As far as people being able to see you...er...chameleon? That x-es out duergar, assassins, other thieves, and there's not a huge abundance of wood-elves and rangers attacking outlanders I'd wager a guess...

Setting 89 traps would take roughly six straight hours real time, doing nothing but setting the same type of trap. Setting a trap that wears off before someone walks through it doesn't count! :)

That's the idea of a cabal, if you think you aren't doing so well alone, think more on the lines of what you and the others can do. Also, once you master traps, you could set 4 damage traps and a deadfall in one room...and it could be the room that you knocked someone out near and then backstabbed someone. 450+ w/ 4 maladicts on the trap/deadfall, and a pretty big range for hero backstab...just my two cents.

Thief outlander is still not an easy combination by any stretch, and I'd say trappers are not the easiest thief to play, so kudos.

Better luck next time, and good luck on your next!
60391, RE: Aww
Posted by Serferaum on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As far as luck goes, maybe we both just the stick in the ass. I would say I missed a good %75 of my ambushes and it was perfected right away. Anyway, roll up another outtie and kick some ass.

Serferaum