Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Jurath Silverclaw the Menkyo
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=59585
59585, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jurath Silverclaw the Menkyo
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jul 2 18:49:22 2007

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Jurath perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:120
59589, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jurath Silverclaw the Menkyo
Posted by Cointreau on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all you IMMs for the time and effort you put into this great game. You get a lot of crap from the playerbase, and I don't know why. You give everything and ask for nothing.

Whether you have a particually nasty playerbase, the confidence the anoniminity of the internet gives people, or simply my own temper, I can't continue to play CF. I like to see myself playing again in a few years, but I doubt it. Only reason I started playing again was because of the massive amount of free time I had, which will be reduced majorly once I start Uni again in the next two weeks.

So once again, thank you, and I wish you luck in the future.
59592, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jurath Silverclaw the Menkyo
Posted by Villgr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, I'm sorry to see you go. You seemed to be doing really well.

As far as playerbase: just don't read the forums, man :) Forums are often outlets for the worst of the playerbase, if you get annoyed just play the game and have fun, the way it was intended. I seldom read anything but the goodbye threads of folks I liked.

Hopefully, see you again! Good luck back in school.
59599, I liked Jurath.
Posted by Throkk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a decent battle.
I liked how you to choose to deal with Throkk on a personal basis
rather than based on how his cabal dealt with you or he
dealt with your cabal mates.

Too bad you got griefed out. It is easy for me to say, but
try to let it slide. At any rate, I hope you get back to CF.
Not too many around in my time slot and I have enjoyed fighting/
grouping/talking when our chars crossed paths.

59601, I had a feeling this was coming
Posted by drovis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but was always nice to have you in the shadows. Good luck in school, the villge will miss ya.
59633, Solid
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thought you did a good job as a Villager. Sorry some of the PB got you down. Not sure what sparked it, but I'm sure that those individuals don't represent the vast majority of our players.

Good luck in school, and if you get the time and inclination again, we'll be here.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***
59635, Hate it say it, but it looked like it was.
Posted by Cointreau on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My prime playing time was either the Aussie peak (with the 5 or 6 other players logged on), or the Imperial power hour. Regardless of my range, I'd log on. I'd try to get the head back, I'd hunt, I'd stalk, I'd explore, etc. I wasn't suicidle, despite having 5 Imperials in range, I did sneak the head back once or twice, lost a CON point or two trying too.

What bothered me, was there sheer lack of balls on the rest of the playerbase's part. I'd spend hours online without the head waiting for any high level Rager to log in and help. I never saw one once.
However, at the exact same time of day if one certain Imperial didn't log on I'd see five or six Ragers log on, or one or two log in directly after said Imperial logged off.

The Imperial was a source of frustration too, because for me he was impossible to kill solo, and any class that stood a chance he worded the things looked bad. The fact he just wanders the mud bashing the non-Elite to death without effort or challenge bothered me too. It can't be fun, and it can't add anything to the mud.
If there had been a few other Ragers about, we could've ganked him down quite easily, head or no head. Once his set has been divided up, continue with parity as normal.

Finally, it was being killed when linkdead by a vastly weaker foe who had been talking smack all day. He sacrifices my ####, continues to talk more smack, and then the moment I unghost, he logs off.

I had a similar experience with Bhas (he liked Kharg) shortly before too. Maybe I just got unlucky and ran into some seriously poor players, I don't know. At the very least I'm going to take break from CF.

Thanks once again for the terrific game. Hopefully I'll find some more spare time in the future, and the break won't last so long.
59640, There's something in this
Posted by Daurwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've definitely observed a fair bit of "powerhouse logs on, almost all enemies of powerhouse log off within 5 minutes".

If there isn't an element of micro-bandwagoning going on (by which I mean selective log-ons/log-offs), I'd be surprised.

It is a bit of a shame; I think it does spoil the game somewhat, as alleged in this thread. Things can work if the group in power don't all walk around as one group, but other than that, it just makes pk pointless.
59686, Shame I was not ragering at the time.
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Those are my playing times and they have always been a struggle but often an enjoyable one. Worst if it was that most of the big efforts and nasty odds never got noticed because of Imm playing times too. You then see logs of someone doing something half as difficult and getting Imm love for it but it is the nature of the beast and you can't really change your play times. Next time, give me a buzz and I might try a rager again and atleast mesh now and then with playing times.

-----Abernyte
59629, I wonder what exactly made you consider playerbase so nasty?(nt)
Posted by Belash. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
59641, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jurath Silverclaw the Menkyo
Posted by Drakolas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had good fights all the way from 20s to hero range.

A shame you are leaving since we need all the players we can have. Good luck with real life stuff, and welcome back if you change your mind.