Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Tariens the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=59033
59033, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Tariens the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jun 13 13:06:28 2007

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Tariens perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:160
59039, Over Again.
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well this was an interesting character to say the least. I absolutly sucked ass at pk. I believe I may have gotten three kills my entire life or something like that and should have had alot more but as luck would have it I never got luck when trying to kill someone. Most the time they either had some fluke to let them flee or they were just too much for me which happens alot, especally with assassins. As long as I could hold my polearm I was fine but as soon as it dropped I was done, more or less. I enjoyed the interactions with players, and the little bits of experience from immortals always gave me a smile. I don't know which immortal narfed my warcry but that was damn funny, I had only used it like twice and hadn't though of anything interesting to yell.

Ok the reason for leaving so soon... is well I am in the navy and will be moving duty stations the program I am in should have me stationed in the place where I am graduating "A" School from but isn't so gotta move and dont know how long it will be until I have connection again.

To the Immortals:
1) incredible job keeping everything running so smooth especally when making all these changes. Major props.
2) Tweaks for game balance I like a great deal of them and they are definantly some nice ones but something to think about with nexus I know it has been thought of many times but why not give some other ability that can only be used without a bond because hunting protections that are limited and take up space in inventory are hard to come by. *I would love to see Vanguard work on mobs or some kind of protection from whoever is tipping the scales* I dont know how many times I could have pulled off a win if I had haste or a little extra resistance or somethin, anyway dont want to start a rant...
3) This was one of the more fun characters I have played in a while and it was damn hard keeping up my speach at times but to whichever immortal or immortals were watching me I REALLY enjoyed that. Normally I get a little experience from role but never anything else and it really made me feel good to know someone was watching.
4) You guys are just awesome keep on doin what you do with this wonderful game.
ps 'never had a dwarf with Forgecraft until now and I wanna say its worth playing a dwarf just for its rp value alone let alone its usefulness'

Nexus:
I interacted with a s h i tTon of you and definantly enjoyed the reactions I would get when forging. it turned out to be my favorite thing to do.
Mibblic you were the first and one of the two people I bonded with my entire life I think major props goes to you. I would see you die and you hardly ever complained just got right back in there and kept conjuring. Really enjoyed out time together.

Geren hey man you could make the nexus strong... it is getting stronger but with a good leader it is definantly a power house.

Shooloo well not alot to say about you, thanks for giving me a chance to join, we never really traveled or anything and you about jumped down my throat when I called you the wrong name but honestly I had no idea what I said was bad. Congradulation on becomming, it is alot of responcibility but it helps really improve the game and have to give you mad props for that. good rp btw

Naition or whatever your name is I didn't like you because I dont like to fight people I dont have a reason to fight. You seemed to show up at the most inopportune times but good outlanderish rp even though outlanders were never my enemies and I tried to repent for my dwarven herritage the first death to an outlander I had which I think I was lagged out from my connection. anyway your doin well as an annoyance in the shadows keep it up.

Vlg Commander I dont know how many specalizations you have but that is absolutly insane and I cant believe that you lost to me, when the only prep I had was stoneskin. I know your probly a good guy and good leader but with the last Village leader I had, I would have been beatin myself up for days if I did that. Anyway good job coming back and fightin and that stuff you would have died to bleeding by the way because you were convulsing and you dont really heal when battle fatigued. Our conversation did annoy the piss out of me though I had no reason to lie. I never asked to be sent home I was just stating the obvious, That I had been entwined.

ok I am not very good with names so everyone else just drop in.

Pole spec is nice especally like Swath of destruction and slice was my favorite ability.
Charge set sucked for me, couldn't hardly get it to improve because it hardly fired off I dont know what it goes by but the Duergar I had long time ago it worked like a charm for him.
Thrust another good skill but cant do it with many polearms... I really wish you could with more of them.
Hand to Hand spec I think I choose well when I picked it but cant fight assassins or felars or any riposte/concealed users really.
On the other hand once I got Pummel perfected it was my favorite skill but really hated not being able to damage dragons with blunt attacks.
Pummel kicked so much ass especally when you leave something battered and bruised I simply loved it.
Crushing blow good ability
Iron hands improved very slow but maybe something to check I think I recall parrying while wearing a shield.

Legacies
Whispers I think this is a great legacy but if I am normally healing umh say 150hp per tick and bleeding is hitting me for injures I think a player with this legacy should be able to heal decently, and the same with poison or plague *especally when slowed*
ps would like to see it work for legs too but I can understand game balance in all or maybe some edge or skill to learn to recover legs faster.
Gates of the forge My biggest regret other than having to leave was this legacy. I had to struggle to get my ac up to -240 to -250 range and it only seemed to drop the damage one or two words. Armor use seemed to increase when using it but that could be just my imagination and I still took alot of damage. On a side note I would get "you improve armor" when I still got hit on occasion.

I want to thank everyone I interacted with and the imm staff for having a great game.

Tariens
Formally Xaden, Zylundak, Rogedax and a whole host of others.
59049, RE: Over Again.
Posted by Brinkmun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Another enemy bites the dust. Sorry about that last time I killed you man, I had no idea you had just been fighting and once I started the fight I wasn't going to let you get away. No offense. Good enemy and I really don't think you know all that a guy can do with nexus. The inners are tough as ####, maybe that makes up for only having one or two powers. And tough as ####, did I say that already? Good luck with your next homie

B
59063, RE: Over Again.
True the inners are tough but but so is the big D. Anyway you were one of the toughest enemies I had gj and I really dispised how you broke so much magic damn ####. It killed either me or my groups to have to go and try and get more magic items to bring the level back up because finding strong enough items isn't easy. That time I had just beaten that scion antipaladin was damn annoying... Your the first drillmaster I ever seen with a leader weapon if you dont mind hit me up with that story: Kalageadon12@excite.com
59072, heh, some insight
Posted by Vhloughvang on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
re: Vlg Commander I dont know how many specalizations you have but that is absolutly insane and I cant believe that you lost to me, when the only prep I had was stoneskin. I know your probly a good guy and good leader but with the last Village leader I had, I would have been beatin myself up for days if I did that. Anyway good job coming back and fightin and that stuff you would have died to bleeding by the way because you were convulsing and you dont really heal when battle fatigued. Our conversation did annoy the piss out of me though I had no reason to lie. I never asked to be sent home I was just stating the obvious, That I had been entwined.

A few things, I never should have lost that first fight, and I was kicking my own ass but I did alot of things wrong.

As for specs heh, sometimes its a blessing sometimes its a curse.

I did beat my self up for days, especially after eatting a second death there after you got worded.

I would not have died to the bleeding, It would have been around the 100-150 hp range when all was said and dont from bleeding if I did nothing about it, but I would be much better off case in hand while I would do something.

I knew you didnt lie, but Vhlough didnt believe you. :) He is kinda pissy in his old age.

Gates sucks now btw after the armor changes. It went from being insanely awsome to utter #### :( more on that when I am gone. Oh also, Old Age ####s you ;) hard heh. As does wireless connection in a basement apartment(BLAHHH), and trying to play on a new 46 inch LCD for the first time and raiding and getting lagged and having a headach from the size and color of the text :) hahah it is what it is.

Good luck in the fields.

59084, RE: heh, some insight
it was damn fun fighting you though and I hear your a good leader just hadn't been able to log in much and I can understand the font #### I tried doing that once and ended up just going back to my laptop. Anyway keep doing what you do.
59077, RE: Over Again.
Posted by Jakendo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dude, I really loved your char, he always made me laugh. Kudos, and good luck in the fields.
59085, RE: Over Again.
Well I am glad I made someone laugh besides myself getting my but handed to me alot... heh. But this game is good for that at many times enjoy the ride.
59134, RE: Over Again.
Posted by Mutsu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you for the weapon. That weapon + bleeding effect was an awesome combo. I so wished you make an awesome shield for me. I have been on vacation for the last few days & the internet at my house sucks, so I cannot seem to do much.

Thank you once again.
59145, RE: Over Again.
To begin with I did not know what path I was going to go with this char and my interaction with you and recalling my past experience is what brought me to the nexus, I greatly appriceated all of our interactions and loved to be around your character. Yeah like I said I did love to make weapons or rather reforge them though I wish it was a progressive ability that the better you know a weapon or higher rank it would get stronger or that you could reforge armor but was great seeing the look on your face when you got a hold of it. Hope you continue to do well.

Tariens
59034, Ill miss you
Posted by Mibblic1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You where my favorite character. I wish I heroed earlier to help you regain your things. Your speech and attitude was great and I think you would have taken rhyme if geren doesnt return or whatever is going on... I'll talk more on this stuff when I delete.
59040, RE: Ill miss you
Your going to be strong as a mofo when you finish getting to hero. Good conjurer all around and I really like your playing style. Anyway I am sure I will make another char sooner or later but will prolly be a villager because I just didn't like what I saw from them for the most part and the best way to change something is by jumpin in and going for it. Anyway you will do well long as you just keep going.

Tariens