Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Taqab the Harai Goshi
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=58839
58839, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Taqab the Harai Goshi
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jun 7 14:30:49 2007

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Taqab perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:37
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:99
58841, So long, fish.
Posted by Taqab on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was a good experience. It was difficult at times being the only Villager around but I enjoyed the challenge. I feel like I didn't make the most of it though in respect to playing out the underdog full force. It'll be interesting to see how many times I logged in without the head as compared to how many with. The Village has just been, well, empty. So cabal wars were non-existant outside of retrieving our item, which Nexus usually had. The opposition was fun, at times, but typically rare. A far cry from the past.

I wish I could have been a Takashimi. I couldn't. Too many things just went so poorly out of my favor in my fights that sealing kills and taking on groups was disastrous. Player skill and style being the greatest difference, of course. Then again, I'd wager that I landed maybe a handful of deathblows in all of my fights. That was terrible. I also only used bloodthirst 4 or 5 times...and half of those were poor decisions. Heh, sometimes I felt like an idiot. Oh, and I never trophied a corpse, I always forgot. So in hindsight, why didn't I go defender or scout? *boggle* Too bad.

Yean, I appreciate all of the assistance and for having someone give me that echo and boost. I'm not a sore sport, but I'd have enjoyed some more lovin' for being the only one around. Then again, I could have earned it...Thanks for induction, too.

Vhloughvang, I only saw you once in my applicant stage. Then only 2 or 3 times after that. You're a great leader when around and a lot of fun to watch and hang out with. Good luck on finally getting that time back which you had mentioned.

Brinkmun, you reminded me of classic Thinhallen. Good job playing. And heck, I only saw you a few times as well, but you can play. I liked it. You pushed my role, too, which I was hoping for. Taqab was never too compliant with orders and generally surly.

Rest of the Village, I wish I had seen more of you guys around. I know I don't play a whole lot, but it was disappointing to have my time cross so rarely with the others'. There's some good ragers around, play more.

Mjoth, much respect.

Naitan, thanks for the tension. It was the perfect relationship.

Asgaarm, nice job man. You made my role!

Lot's of other enemies, everyone was, for the most part, great. I respected the attitudes as a whole. I didn't full loot anyone and no one did that to me. Sure, take the choice pieces, but you're supposed to. Thanks for the respect to those I died to and I hope my attitude was transparent. My pk range (the players) really made this character a blast.

Too bad I have to step aside, likely for good. Great game, immortals. I can't wait for the day CF gravitates to an mmorpg. We wish! Enjoy.

Taqab
58887, RE: So long, fish.
Posted by Yean on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Yean, I appreciate all of the assistance and for having
>someone give me that echo and boost. I'm not a sore sport,
>but I'd have enjoyed some more lovin' for being the only one
>around. Then again, I could have earned it...Thanks for
>induction, too.

Damn..this is such a shame to see. Apart from the little Imperial incident, let me say that I really really liked this char, and that his rp was quality. Aye, was gonna give you more lovin' in the hero ranks. But I guess I should have given you more sooner, judging from the current situation..so, sorry for that! Been getting back round midnight most everyday from work, so timings have been slashed. Hopefully, this reduces so I can pay more attention to the Village. As it is of now, they blocked connection here on the 2nd week of work. Anyway, hope you gain a better experience should you roll another Village..I thought you did excellent with Taqab.

Edit: Regarding the echo and boost, I don't remember doing any such thing.
58896, RE:
Not to impose upon Kharg's well-warranted glory...

Thanks for the compliments. I'm not bitter one bit about anything that happened or didn't happen, I had a blast. I -wish- more ragers had been around so I could maybe have hero'd before this weekend. But I had to quit whether I was level 30 or 51.

About the Imperials. Hey, I wanted to rank! So I didn't mind putting them to use when necessary and I assumed I'd get chewed out for it. But I had to feel somewhat edgey. Taqab didn't really care about who -wasn't- a mage, just those who were. So I was willing to push the accepted. Yes, Khaso, I was going to learn with your Imperials that day at work, but someone showed up and I had to leave so I cut connection. No big plans there.

Anyway. Someone gave me a cool echo and immexp. It was something about impressing you, Yean, and how I had supplimented myself without knowing the Village stories. I just thought it was you because it had your name in it. Thanks, someone!

Cheers, all.
58889, Sorry to see you go.
Posted by Feiaina on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not too many villagers on as of late (even I have had some reduced login times) - but I always figured to see you on when I logged in.
58897, Too true.
You hero'd quick after being at 36 for a while. That broke my heart. I was hoping me and you could catch up one weekend and pop out 6-10 levels or something. I really wanted to fight you again after that initial whipping you gave me, after I finally perfected kans, kote, and got my kicks finished. Alas. Take luck!
58901, 36? I never really got stuck there...
Posted by Feiaina on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... I *WAS* stuck in the early 40's for a while. And then at 49 for WAY too long :)

58898, I am sorry Kin
Posted by Vhloughvang on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have nothing but good thoughts about you. However I am sad you left. You were one rager I though I could count on to hold tight in this ####ty time, ####ty being A)my log ins hurrrrting lately due to RL #### B) no real apps comming in, they are there... but not in force and not in numbers :( C) no damned bards willing to pen a missive for us for recruitment. D) 10 people deleting in the last week.

it all adds up.
Sorry that you got jadded on this char, I realy liked you and your whole style and essence within the village and as an assassin. I only wish the village was in better shape and that is ultimatly my fault.

Good luck on your next, see you in the fields brother.