Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Habliggle the Grand Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=58299
58299, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Habliggle the Grand Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed May 16 17:56:15 2007

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Habliggle perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:82
58382, Dissappointing Character
Posted by Minyar1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This char could have been a powerhouse pker, but I was soooo bored in nexus that I didn't really care to continue. I was also frustrated from not finding certain items that make playing a mage more enjoyable! :) Anyway, I think the idea of nexus is cool, but its not for me.

A few goodbyes:
Bouwin - Sorry I didn't stick around so we could explore more.

Tum - Personally, i think you should be the Rhyme or whatever it is.

Zesam - You annoyed me and I didn't like your character ic, and you basically annoyed me ooc too. I think you have a great roleplay, but to get pouty because I called you Zesam as if you deserved more from me cracked me up. You would play this "I've done so much for Nexus" card that made me glad I had shown you "disrespect." IMO, you do no more for Nexus than anybody else. Also, when I was about, often alone, I did plenty on my own. Anyway, like I said, good rp, annoying to me, but good all the same.

Majrt - SOrry I up and left on you, you were up and coming and it would have been fun to bond more.

Jenno - You could have been a very strong figther, but I could tell you were a bit new. Anyway, I was ticked a few times when people got away that shouldn't have, but the bond is pretty sweet, thats for sure.

Marastron - Thanks for your help, you definately have a nice set and seem to know what you are about.

Daev and Ravi - Never once saw you nor heard from you, I guess that is good, and bad at the same time.
58384, RE: Dissappointing Character
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>Daev and Ravi - Never once saw you nor heard from you, I guess
>that is good, and bad at the same time.

I admit my initial reaction was: "Was that guy in my cabal?"

Clearly you're capable of standout characters; I just don't think this was one. Playing a shifter is a big part of that, I think -- all that no-talking means you often have to really go the extra mile just to stand out RPwise as much as anyone else.
58387, Yep
I completely agree with you, but I just never really got into the whole thing. I'm too much of a fighter to like nexus, IMO. Maybe my ideas of Nexus are wrong though! :)
58394, RE: Yep
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Might depend on your perspective!

I mean, wearing my Daevryn hat, I could say: Nexus is a cabal based on getting to fight whoever's the strongest force in the land. That's a simplification, but it's not entirely wrong. :)
58398, My thoughts
I can see that being the message, but on the other side of the coin, I don't think any of the current leadership/members are taking that approach. I got the feeling from some, your healer, that to do such wouldn't be considered very good. Granted, my negative feelings toward Zesam may be driving this message! :)
58388, I met you once.
Posted by Horris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And you left when it suited you. Left a sour tast in my mouth to say the least.

You made a vague mention of it early on, got your rank and abandoned us. It's telling when people don't bother to ask if their mates are close to a rank and only give a damn about their own.
58391, Hmm...hard to believe.
I tend not to do that, unless there is a major problem. Unfortunately for you, and our group, something probably came up. Life can be busy sometimes, and things do come up, but typically I never try and screw over a group.

Aaron
58402, Addendum to the one above...
Your post kinda bugged me, and made me start thinking about any groups I did that to. I do remember one in particular when I was young. Other than that, there were a few when I left abruptly because the balance shifted. Now...I know for a fact other nexan's weren't that way, but I felt that if the shift happened, I couldn't remain with people. I'm sure there are quite a few people who could agree with my attitude on this...but, thats all I'm going to say about leaving groups quickly. AS you can see, this isn't what i want, I wouldn't even want that as an evil bastard who only cared about himself. I like helping people with the game too much.

Aaron
58399, Are you the new Karel? (not your char Karrel)
Posted by lurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You deleted Halbiggle and Martanis within a week of eachother. You seem to be on quite the tear of ranking characters up, heroing, then getting bored. Make another Draktel-esque char that you're 100% into!
58400, Believe ME!!
I'm totally trying to. I don't like getting bored with characters, but at the same time...I've played enough characters to know what I like and know what I'm into. No worries though, I'm sure something good is on the way one of these days!

Aaron
58505, you forgot me
Posted by haenr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
i loved all the time we spent together ranking and exploring! to bad you deleted