Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectThe Helpfile
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=58108&mesg_id=58156
58156, The Helpfile
Posted by Balrahd. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If wither aging is working as designed, then you might want to consider revising the helpfile. Because the helpfile clearly and expressly states that the supplication is causing -permanent aging-. This is a different animal from cutting short the strings of fate and shortening the character's ultimate lifespan - without aging the character at all. If you changed the helpfile so it reflects your opinion of what wither is actually doing, I think it would do alot to alleviate confusion.

Also, re: the aging effect. What ORB is saying, and I'm not sure you're recognizing, is that most "throw away" characters delete by the time they hit 250 hours. Hell, that's being generous. Most delete by the time they hit 200 hours. Wither age doesn't kill a char until ~300. What this means is that the ONLY characters affected by wither age are the ones that players pour the most time/creativity/energy into because they want the characters to stick around for a few hundred hours. So wither is basically penalizing the best played characters with the most effort put into them. Considering that, is it really helpful to have the age effect in the first place?

I'm in ORB's camp because I had a character that I really liked, who fought too many shamans, and age died at like 300 hours, and it sucked ass. I'll never play a non-hiding arial again after that.