Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dalek Bloodfang the Entrance to Owaza
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=57943
57943, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dalek Bloodfang the Entrance to Owaza
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat May 5 14:56:07 2007

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Dalek perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:40
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:128
57945, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Dalek Bloodfang the Entrance to Owaza
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well that was fun, for a little while. Last week or so it's just been tedious. Today especially.
Plus I deploy pretty soon, and my plate's gonna be pretty full with that, so it seemed like as good a time as any.

I loved this character when I first made him, but I think his RP just kind of went to #### after a while.. I just became another random goodie, instead of the kind of conflicted, asshole-ish, untrusting guy that I envisioned. Oh well.

I had fun though. Got a little Imm-love in there (lastname, imm edge). Thanks Baerinika, you're cool. Got Maran'd alot earlier than I expected to, compared to how much some people complain about the process. 97 hours, lvl 35 or something like that.

Fortress folks. I like a couple of you alot. The rest of you just seem kind of bland, but then so was I after a while. I think that's a trap everyone falls into playing goodies. People get into the routine of being "nice" or whatever and can't break it.

I tried to be kinda rough doing interviews, because it seems like (for almost any cabal) an interview is just something to get out of the way instead of anything meaningful. I tries to challenge people I interviewed, and if they didn't cut it, I wasn't shy about NOT recommending. I think there was only one or two people who I didn't have something bad to say about afterwards, IC. Sorry if that rubbed you the wrong way, it wasn't anything personal OOC.

I won't bother doing a goodbye list, because I wasn't really around that long. If you have something to say, I'll reply.

Have fun folks. And please remember, it's just a game. It's supposed to be fun for you AND the person on the other side of the line. Don't be assholes, it just makes the game miserable for everyone. (And no, that's not going out to anyone in particular)
57947, Well it was fun
Posted by Surauk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A fire-immune felar assassin is always a rough fight :) Good luck on tour
57948, Poop!
Posted by Thoric on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Dalek specifically because his reccomendations were tougher to get.

We didn't interact all that much, but I loved having an assassin around. I was hoping you'd hero so maybe we could get rid of that pesky warmaster, but oh well.

Good luck with your deployment, see ya around the fields.
57959, RE: Poop!
Yeah.. outside of that rec interview you gave me, before getting Marshall, we pretty much never spoke beyond saying hi. I got the impression you had some depth though, I just never had the opportunity really.

It was kind of weird being an assassin in the Fort. Especially with the lastname Bloodfang (which had a RP reason that made sense), even late in the characters life, nobody knew I was a goodie, let alone in the Fort. Made for some entertaining conversations, for sure.

You still got that thief around though, so he'll help ya'll out.
57949, Bah!
Posted by Gromkonk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeh fargin' furry bastid! Now who'mah gonna get tuh tell meh who lurkin' in deh flamin' shadows? Ah liked yeh, specially since yeh arse was willin' tuh do deh interviewin' and recom...deh recommen...deh givin' good words 'bout deh people yeh talked wif. Ah'll fargin' miss yeh tail-waggin', but at least now deh flamin' Fort nay stink like wet cat. Har!
57958, RE: Bah!
Thanks for making the Fort so... colorful. You were always fun. Racist bastard.

Keep it up.
57960, WE ARE THE DALEKS!
Posted by Davros on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
EX-TER-MINATE

EX-TER-MINATE!!

*waves his plunger in a threatening manner*

Man... I thought Dr.Who went international. Who can't have heard of the cold, genocidal salt shaker that is the Dalek!

Yhorian
57961, Ugh...
If I could go back and change it. Random ass British television ruining my character. Go figure.
57962, Hey, I found a video of your character's birth!
Posted by Yhorian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were to be the one. The one who exterminated all evil. You were the future, Java, and you deleted.

Let's remember how it all began: Here you are upon creation.

I was hoping to find the classic clip of one going 'EXTERMINATE! ANNIHILATE! DESTROY!' but I found that one first. It's a shame you weren't a warrior, that could have been your warcry. And if I were an imm? Yeah, I'd have boosted it. Hell, I'd have given you cry of thunder just for that :P

Yhorian
57965, Exterminate!
Posted by dalneko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First 12 seconds is all you need.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij1u-TLzwWQ
57970, It's not international
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Or it might be too old for me to remember. I've got the idea from the clips, though. Daleks are cold, genocidal R2D2s bent on world domination and exterminating all lifeforms. The C3POs appear to be on the human side:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWIW7FJ4vG0&NR=1
57977, Dude, they're cybermen! They're evil too.
Posted by Yhor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cybermen are robotic race from another dimension, that work on a borg-like basis (and before you say 'copycat!' they were invented long before Borg. Doctor Who is 50 years old). They like to build themselves up from inside enemy territory and absolutely hate humans.

You guys should watch some of the new Doctor Who. It's a big british culture thing that has never got old since its creation in Black and White television. The best part is, the main character (known only as The Doctor) regenerates when he dies, into a new form. So you just get a new actor, kill the doctor, put in new actor - bingo! Continuation.

He's spawned at least 3 movies, god knows how many series and invented the Daleks. Scary as hell when you're a child but just awe inspiring when you grow out of that phase. Have to love the electronic voice - it's been a major focus for Doctor Who comedy too :)

Yhorian
57992, The Daleks were somewhat inspiring
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I watched the episode you posted in Dio's and it was fairly entertaining. Maybe we could play evil races in somewhat similar fashion as Daleks, having no concept for some humane traits. I wonder if a Dalek-inspired character would work best as a dark-elf, fire giant or duergar..
57971, ARG
Posted by Nathus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You kicked my butt the first time, then I kicked your butt the second (deathblow!) anyway, I really for some odd reason felt a connection with you and Dalek as it seemed like there was a depth to your char that was worth developing with mine. Anyway

Tangent- Thank you so much for serving our country, and I really really appreciate it considering the recent extension on your deployment. My friend served in Iraq and to you people, you are my heroes and the only reason I want to go into politics is to make sure that people like you are not only A) Used in the most dire situations but B) Are honored like you should be. Thanks (sorry its how I feel).
57975, RE: ARG
We had a couple good fights. Always kind of fun fighting another assassin, never know which way it'll go. But it always seems to be one side completely dominating the other.
IC, you were probably my only enemy that I had respect for. But then, I'd never openly admit that.

Keep up the good work. Win or lose, your character is one of the one's that makes CF fun, rather than a headache.

Thanks for the kind words about the military. People get too caught up in the politics of it to realize that each and every person in the uniform is a real living thinking breathing person. Just like them. Good luck with your political aspirations and all. That's a good reason for it.
57996, Not to hijack this thread
Posted by Daurwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But just being in the armed forces doesn't make you a good guy or a hero.

Sure, plenty are, but some are not.

I reckon Java's probably a decent guy who signed up with good motives, but the armed forces also attract some less savoury characters too.

Oh, I once saw Dalek at the south gate of Udgaard, and I passed his corpse once too. Looked good at the gate, and was a fine corpse effort. Well done. :)
57944, Fun fighting you. nt
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM