Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Grimbledorf the Undaunted, Last Breath of the Third Age
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=57449
57449, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Grimbledorf the Undaunted, Last Breath of the Third Age
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Apr 17 15:16:11 2007

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Grimbledorf perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:178
57472, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Grimbledorf Farewells and Such
Posted by Grimbledorf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well first off let me say that theres 2 reasons I deleted, and many people probably misunderstood Grimbles character throughout the last few months. There are mainly 2 reasons why I deleted. The most important being 1: I have no computer. I lost computer access when I changed jobs Shortly after I heroed Grimbledorf in November of 2006. I have been playing at my moms, girlfriends, and the local libraries. It's definately hard and it showed in how often I got to play. Working full time and having a girlfriend and an active social life is hard to combine with CF especially when you don't have a computer. Second reason, 2: Grimbledorf seemed to me like a giant ####cat. He could talk and act tough and such, and was up until I heroed for a good bit, most nexuns 2 or 3 couldn't take me down, with a few exceptions. But shortly after that I started getting owned by mainly warrior classes with a few exceptions--Kanaev mostly. And I have a lot of close battles with him. Mace/Polearm isnt as good as I remember. I'm best using either pure brute force or tactics.

I have been playing CF for 10+ years on and off, mostly on. I went a year or two without playing in college and afterwords, but I've mainly been active, and mainly been playing Ragers. Since before the Tablet was cleaved. So also Farewell to Carrionfields in general for me UNTIL I get my own computer and hopefully, maybe, CF will still be up and running and Battle will still be about also. But a few general complaints for someone who has seen many changes. I miss typing "Who" and seeing some 120+ during central standard time anywhere from like 10am up until like 9pm. I remember when the most on count was like over 200. The player base really gets me down. CF is simply a fantastic world/game/artform and I feel more people should be involved. Also, I miss Thror. Lord Thror. And his whole mentality of gamestate and battleragers, that seems to have left more or less except in a few of the berserkers and even then....well I'll just leave it at that. I also miss IMMteraction. I used to have several characters, empire, sylvan, arbiters, masters, blah blah and if I had half a decent role written and half a decent roleplay, I usually had IMMteraction in the form of a Divine taking over a MOB and coming and talking/interacting with me directly. I'm not talking about world events like the Horn and the end of the 3rd age or STUMP with that crazy duergar God I can't remember, Mayeshas old friend.

Farewells are going to be very hard for this character...
Kastellyn: Although I miss Thror, Holtzendorf, BoltThrower, and that whole cast, you stil hold lots of the old village precepts and emotions and general feeling around. I've earned your tattoo three times I think, and have interacted with you with almost every single one of my village characters. Without a force like you on the Battle Immortal staff I doubt I would find things as ...nostalgic? I think thats the word I'm looking for. Anyway, thanks for being there.

Yean and Ysaolrye: Will miss you both. I think I actually interacted more with Ysaolrye and it was fun but I wish you would have done more with Grimble based on our talks/social times, don't have any specific ideas just...yah..like I said IMMteraction makes CF alot more alive. Yean I'll miss you, I was hoping I would be able to get a PC and reanimate grimbles old bones and roleplay the #### out of him and maybe try getting past the gates of Asgaard. But oh well.

I've played 3 Commanders/Leaders of Battle, 3 Generals, 2 captiains, 2 drillmasters, and like 5 Veterans. Most notably....I guess....would be Drahkul ThunderHeart-commander(most recent, cloud giant axe), Shamus-commander felar staff-hand. Sargon Hunter of Behemoths-general. Konnal the Mangled. Arial sword.whip. Sebastion. thief. Vezrak. Vultros....yah I have lots but my memory only goes back so far...but anyway.

As far as specific farewells...thats going to be hard considering my character didn't have any close bonds except back in his prime when Yuvralin Diamondcleft was Commander such as Rektath, Droba, Yean, Trurkrag the Todgerless! and a few others can't remember.
I think my favorite characters to interact with were Trurkrag and Rektath, and sometimes Vhlovhang the Whitey Whiteborn. I can't really see how you are running ship at the village since I only came about like once or twice a weak for a few hours and then just to do what my villager blood does for me, go fight mages and such, try to inspire the younger/current villagers. I remember a short term when another gnome was Commander...um..after Yuvralin but before Vhlovhang...oh well. I thought Taelina was a good singer, not sure about RP. Didn't have much chance with that. Didn't know Brinkamun or any of the current villagers very well....and all of those I grew up with were dead save Yean. So I'll understand when I don't get many replies to this as I'm sure I was not very popular as my candle slowly slowly painfully slowly got snuffed out. But now hopefully those of you who were critics understand why. And no I didn't want to just say screw it and delete because I love CF and I loved Battle, but not necesarly Grimbledorf, he was ok, subpar for me really, mainly in terms of how successful I was in the war, my roleplay was a little lazy, and had no role, but I didn't really have time to focus on that.

Ok...well...I guess thats all. It's been a great 10+ years, thanks to all the IMMSTAFF and the interesting players that made the world so alive and fun, maybe I'll be around later!? (Get the player base up!)
See you in the fields?
Grimbledorf, Drahkul, Shamus, Sargon, Konnal, Vezrak. Had lots of leaders in other cabals can't even remember them all. Strike true and may the red-gold blood continue to fall and revitalize the fields.
57474, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Grimbledorf Farewells and Such
Posted by Gerylanst on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man dude, this is a loss to the game. You should call up mac and get approved for the ten bucks a month computer club. I'm a die hard rager and damit it pains me to see you go. I knew Drakhul with Stampar I think, and I've interacted with most of your others. Bryvac was just after Shamus, but that's still one hell of a char list. I wish you luck, and hope to see you back soon

Gery
57700, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Grimbledorf Farewells and Such
I knew Stampar, not sure if it was during Drahkul's time or Shamus's. Probably Drahkul. You were that shifty asassin and I had you as my general or captain then you up and deleted at one point. Thanks for your kind words though, mac club eh? lol. Never heard of it. I knew Bryvac though, he was one tough bugger and I liked his character. I hope to see you soon also. Keep the village blood strong.
57490, Good Times
Posted by Yean on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm gonna miss Grimble as well, was a good char and the memories were gold. Chatting by the Vale or Aryth, the distinctive dwarven pride with a poetic twist..just some of the good stuff I remember. Your char affected Yean's rp tremendously by being around, and then with your disappearance. I'd say Yean wouldn't be as she is without Grimbledorf's influence, so thank you for that.

Anyway I do hope life goes on well for you, and hopefully you get your hands on a comp soon and return to us. All the best!
57701, RE: Good Times
It's hard to roleplay dwarven pride with the poetic twist you know...since most dwarfs don't know poetry from a gullydwarf cousin of theres thats drunk and stuck in a wall. OOC I'm a wordsmith and pretty poetic naturally, so that part came to me. It's the dwarfen stuff I had to adhoc into it, which was a very interesting mix, almost like a weird bi-polar Robin Williams acting job. Anyway, I am glad I got to affect your RP and overall character with mine, it makes me feel like my presence mattered more than I thought it did. I feel like we had so much unresolved but it was just felt wrong to hop back into how we used to interact then after I got back from my "journey" and you were in the halls of asgaard. Not that you being an immortal affected that, I've had a mortal char...Shamus I think...was engaged and actually i think married the crazy felar cat lady Mayesha. But anyway....Hopefully I will be back. Good to hear from you. Watch the village from uphigh and ensure your words/presence inspires hearts like I know you can/do.
57491, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Grimbledorf Farewells and Such
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a good character; seeing your list of past characters, that doesn't surprise me. Not the most deathful build, but you always put your heart into it, that's for sure!

I'll still be here, still in Battle, for as long as CF is around. You'll be back before I'm done, guarantee it!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends
57702, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Grimbledorf Farewells and Such
Not much to respond about but I'd feel somehow bad if I didn't respond to your response, if that makes sense. Just knowing that you though I was a good character is heartening. And yes I would have done things differently with Grimble if I could have, and I'm glad that you recognize I do wholly put my heart into my characters and try to let that affect other villagers, other chars in the lands in general, and so forth, I know I did that with Thunderheart pretty well, not sure about Shamus of the Fel, Noldarian Smithy guy. Well anyway, your guarantee is ensuring and I hope it rings true, Lord of Legends!

Raise your harp and your blade, with a flagon of whiskey and blood-rimmed lips! Sing. Dance. Fight. Until the sunsets and the mortal coil is released.
57504, I do hope things work out soon, your a great loss to the CF community.
Posted by Commader on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow, Great char to take a break with though. I knew all about your problems ooc wise because I knew you for so long I knew that something was up (and the note to me and the lords) The Rites were a blast and having you around, even a little bit, was great all around. Your list of ragers is quite impressive. I dont wana let any cats out of bags but we have shared alot (and I mean ALOT) of CF time together both friend and foes. I agree with alot of the stuff you said in your goodbye and I hope that you have enjoyed your time here as much as you seem to have.

Hopefully you can come back some time soon :) Chars like yours are few and far between, especially with the player base dropping down lately.

If you never make it back to CF. Know now that chars like yours, made CF worth playing.
57505, oh and when I kick it I best see a post from you haha
Posted by Commander on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
you will know why when I kick it ;)
57694, RE: I do hope things work out soon, your a great loss to the CF community.
I kind of hoped you would know something was going on, and I could kind of tell you just had the intuitive intelligence to pick up something like that also. I had no illusions about the rites, I was just there to experience it, I always love them, and to help with the ambience of it all. I'd be intereseted what cats you have to let out of bags though! And thanks for the response. And Thanks VERY much for saying that about my chars, I would say ditto but that seems sort of cliched. Even though I didn't get alot of time to interact with you, a little bit was enough to tell what kind of character you were, and a little about the person behind the character. Anyway, You'll definately be getting something from me when you go down, I'm not banned from electronic worlds just restricted for now, heh. Anyway thanks again. I have faith and knowledge that you'll run a good ship there at the village. Just dig down into your heart!
See you at the destructor. :p
57514, You forgot me!!!
Posted by Drakgrak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, we didnt interact a lot but then the little ones we had was good. I remember you wrote a note or something about the time Nuekar autodeleted after yuvralin and I was the drillmaster, which made some comment of having seen more dwarves go than mages fall in the village or something so ofcourse I wrote a note to you. I could see your times were down but I figured you were a good influence for the village so I never bothered about that with you. Then we fight in the rites and damn, wasnt that a fight? Both of us asking each other to yield in the same round. That was my second drawn match in my second rites, the first being vs yean in the first rites. Good times those. I interacted with you with other chars, and sebastian and shamus I remember very well, though damned I will be if I remember what I was playing.
Good solid work, but that goes without saying since you are such a veteran rager. Come back as soon as can, for without the elite villagers and players around me (you, vhlouie, graatch, elhe, yean, brinkmun!) there never would have been Drakgrak.
57695, RE: You forgot me!!!
Well I'll be damned. I'm not even that old and I did forget someone. And a dwarf nonetheless, I think thats probably heresy in dwarven societies. hehe. Anyway, your post is pretty much dead on. Short and sweet interactions with you, but that was enough. I didn't get to spend as much time with you as I would have liked to though, but I could tell a great deal about you just from fighting you and the rites and whatnot. Hopefully we'll bring magic down together later when I have the means to jump back into the fields of glory. Thanks for making CF such a rich environment.
57515, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Grimbledorf Farewells and Such
Posted by LoborguzGraatch on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ah, Shamus, I knew you well. :)

So I knew Grim as Azilaph and then as Eulinda, and generally had good feelings. I can't help but hate you though because you remind me of my biggest moment of slapping my forehead in disbelief as I failed to drink the special blood again just before entering the veil at the end of the nexus opener quest. Blech, I still get upset about that, and there's no way the two of them would have beaten the two of us.

With Eulinda I didn't see you much but when I did it was fun, and I enjoyed talking to Yean about you and with you about her. It was right up Eulinda's alley to get involved in your romance. Fun.

Anyway, from one rager player to another, good work and maybe you'll be back sooner than you think.
57696, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Grimbledorf Farewells and Such
Ah, iron clawed commander of war? Loborguz yep...I remember that...I remember I think it was with shamus that one of your captains, the guy with the iron mask he kept putting up and down (hopefully I'm not insulting any veteran ragers, thats not my intent) when I questioned him at Hildebran about how he ran things, and then he pulled his "hit the floor soldier, and give me 100!" Lord Thror unveiled himself and releashed a ####storm upon that certain captain. I would never have guessed Azilpah was Loborguz, nor would I have guessed that Eulinda was Azilpah. That did very much suck when you fell at the veil. From rager to rager, I had that damn mage near death but Fadderth just keep bashing me then the snake returned and crushed me to death, I could have handled fadderth too. With the two of us we would have created a different 4th age perhaps!?! Oh well. Thanks for the note, and I hope you are right, that I will be back sooner than I think. I'm not sure about the others comments about Eulindas RP but I thought you did a very good job and actually, no offense, liked Eulinda much more than Azilpah. Strength and honor, kin.
57598, OMFG I WISH YOU DIDN'T DO THAT
Posted by Khadrun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's allright though, I can't say I blame you. It was almost inspirational to delete my character too since I have so much #### IRL I should be doing but, screw it, I haven't played this game in a long enough while that I deserve some junk food and some good hours chilling by myself late at night doing some hardcore mudding, hellz yeah.

I too noticed the playerbase is pretty weak, I have a feeling a lot of would be noobs are getting run off by some salty ####s who take out their frustrations IC instead of on their dog or cat.

Do you have a email address you wouldn't mind posting, I'd like to bounce some things off you....

augustofwind@hotmail.com
57697, RE: OMFG I WISH YOU DIDN'T DO THAT
Man, your email address scared me. I used to have this best friend for like 5 years in high school whose name was august and we even cf'ed together, in fact, he played Darlyal, you know, the one everyone talks about in the legends and stuff...he was round during the time of when Thror was Mortal. And you seem like a person who deserves escape to CF when you need it, cathardic most likely, healing and returning energy. And eating junk food chilling sounds sweet, thats usually what I would do when I had my own computer. Heh, anyway, sure you can email me. It's ajfryeguy@yahoo.com
57604, No Beer Fer You Ya Git!
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man, seeing this character peeter out was just frustrating. I couldn't understand after all the questy goodness why things trailed away (although you did try and explain it I think)
So buy yourself $200 Edeal, or even go on craigslist and find someone giving a PC away, its not like you need a fast box, just something that will handle a client. Man for years I played on a 486 with 28K modem and wintin!

The village will be looking forward to having you back!

soddin nancy britches
57698, RE: No Beer Fer You Ya Git!
Heh, I can't help laughing when I got back into CF with this char after a year and I started perusing the CF homepage for posts and saw your character postings with the streetfighter dude, it's pretty hilarious. Yah, I'm thinking about getting something like that but with computers these days if you don't have a warranty your up crap creek with a paddle if something goes wrong/virus. And it after playing for like 5 years with Roadrunner/broadband i think it would be tearfully painful going back to dialup or anything like that. And I still use Wintin95, I love the blackscreen, it helps immerse me into the CF world and my imagination takes over. I can't help but notice everyone expecting I will be back and or wanting me to...and maybe it will happen..hopefully..anyway, thanks for good times and great oldies.
57617, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Grimbledorf Farewells and Such
Posted by Pike on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, My friend the Axe, I lost your number, again, I know I am such a klutz with those things. Been meaning to call you, but haven't found out how. I am glad you got back into playing Grim for a while at least. You should call me. You know the number.

Shall we visit the sphinx.

Pike
57699, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Grimbledorf Farewells and Such
Hey Pike. Axe here. I'll ring a ding a ling you sure nuff. I hope everything CF is going good for you and otherwise. Are you still piking it out with various nefarious no-gooders with a dash of mayhem for your chars? Thats the pike I know. Anyway the riddle will solve itself through the sphinx like it should. What? I don't even know whats going on.
Grimbleyaxe.