Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [None] Gringora the Hand of the Unseen, Queenpin of Gallytown
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=57430
57430, (AGE DEATH) [None] Gringora the Hand of the Unseen, Queenpin of Gallytown
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Apr 16 23:05:22 2007

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Gringora perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:521
57478, The Good-byes of the Vain, or Proud are always lengthy....
Posted by Gringora on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I'm a bit of both.
You can read a good start of her story in the Role, but my main RP with her was an 8 year old mind, with an 80year old craftiness. She acted like a child (not spoiled or needy) but innocent and trusting. Never the leader, until people realized she knew what she was doing. Bregan called her his 'little mouse' and it fit perfectly. I'd hoped he'd stay around long enough for it to catch on. Oh Well.

To many people's surprise, I was not a merchant. That is a fun life, and the fields are open, but I didn't want to spend that time of my life (as I had with others) just working business. No fun interactions, no adventures into the unknown (Since I'd just want to grab everything I could and not share with my companions. No friends to speak of. Fight your way (and back then it was a good fight) to Kingpin and then push the Guild to make people afraid to walk near Galadon. You probably wouldn't die to me, but you'd come home with absolutely nothing else in your pockets. Course I'd sell it back for a good price. Not much friends in that biz..

So, I decided with G. that she would be the innocent grimy street rat, with a heart of gold. She didn't care about Dark and Light, She didn't care about Law and Chaos, Magic or Haters; she cared about how people treated her. She was killed 5 times maybe, and 3 of those turned into friendlies. Maybe not trusted friends, but at least neutral allies.

She was not aggressive with anything except helping her friends. And figuring things out that she'd heard of but never found out. Thief Explorers are not terrible, you just have to pick your weapons, and know where to go to hide until you can change the situation, or make friends who can help you bust stuff up. The more you know, the more people will help you, to learn what you know...

Anything a Friend needed, she was there for. She made many bad trades, so her friend would get what they wanted, and very rarely sold anything unless the buyer was directing the trade and named a price. Alot of poeple would name a price, even though she was just going to give it away. Most times she'd just give stuff away to other Thieves, or Elves, or someone that seemed like they needed a boost.

We tried to Unite the Thieves Council, and were at least as sucessfull as I figured, though I'd hoped for more. One member of the 'council' didn't seem to care less at all, and then it seemed only a few of us were recruiting for our Guilds (or any guild). Ah Well...maybe a Merchant, or Fighting Rogue would have been better at that part. I can get the Gold in a heartbeat and other shinies to help stock my Hall, but I can't always get up a Brute Squad for the really good stuff. My PBF will attest that I tried my things alone that I shouldn't have, but I wanted to see how well I could push things and then escape.

Immortals.
I can think of none that I was Face to Face with unless it was in a crowd setting. She liked them, but feared them too. You never know if they're in a smite mood or not.

Loved the side games and quests, but I was more of a team member, than a negotiator. Happy to do my part, without standing out.

I did find about 5 major things during this character's lifetime, that made Super Rich, Happy with my RP, and Kept my enemies down to about 1% or less. Most of -them- would turn out ok to, but some people are just meanies. !

Ok, Long Section. Friends: Blue is a really good friend, Yellow was a Guildmate.
Angrimn Astinax !Athellnon! !Bregan! !Breganu! !Cordango!
-!Ethelle!- -!Itholin!- Lauraine Maedhro Meyrshal !Myrakie! Nanorab Rashiid !Rhaika! Tiatan !Tsyda!

I have alot more that I was friendly with, but this character is super old, so the older names tend to fade. It is sooo easy to be friends with everyone as a Svirf Thief, and especially when you act like an innocent little kid who likes everyone...and I mostly did.

All in all, great fun. I wish I'd had enough time to keep up the long hours like I started, but the last few months my computer died, and the repairs just took forever, so I could only be spotty. It's never fun to log on, and everyone you know is dead, and then you make a couple, and the next time you log in, they're dead too...I'm just not a deleter. I normally either AgeDie, or Autodelete. And I'm a 100% junky, as you can see I only missed a few, except the new skills that popped up lately.

Any specific time/moment/comment you remember, I'd love to hear them.
57489, Hey, you forgot us! n/t
Posted by Balim and Meora on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
57506, Doh ! I knew I'd forget someone !
I guess that's why some people either don't post a 'friends' list, or they list everyone. I should have done the latter, since I've been soloing it for the last few months, and can barely remember my password sometimes.
57507, Forgot me too, eh
Posted by Fezzo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You sure as hell were long-lived, Gringora. My main memory was that that damn sword you had FOREVER which you somehow lost and I stole it back for you.

Fezzo
57464, Age Die a Thief...Weldone
Posted by Theroc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hated you after no response from you about Pesh making sure I die. And then taking the Armguards from my corpse. I sent you a note and you didn't respond.

So my next option was to over-throw you. If I would have survived, I would have taken over.

Other than that, age die a thief is not easy.
57480, I'm sorry, that was my inattention more than anything e...
There were a lot of notes that would time off the list before I read them, or I'd read them and then by the time I could come back and try and do something about it...it was just too far after.

I don't remember the situation you refer to at all, but I'm 100% your coup would have failed. From her POV, she wouldn't have really cared, she'd just have done what needed to be done, with no hard feelings, but you'd not have come close. :)

-G-
57440, Hail to the Queen baby!
Posted by Tsyda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One of the few people I knew from the beginning of Tsyda to die after me. Great character, had tons of fun with you though unfortunately not to much after Tiatan died. Still it was nice having 'my shadow' watching my back when I was younger. Had loads of fun and well done. Thanks for all the Everfulls.

-Tsyda
57481, There was a time I was waiting on some sort of Perma-wa...
I was spending all my time with about 5 people. You really get to know and enjoy spending time with those characters, so why travel with anyone else ? It's like having an old friend that knows all about you, and meeting someone that only wants to talk, talk, talk, and learn every scrap of info about you...You've already done that.

Probably the same reason I play one serious character for a year or two. I dont' like repeating the same things over and over. Pre-K is great, I like it...once. Low PK ranks are fun, and you start your base of friends, but it is too fluid and so you move on. Midranks are my favorite, because you have everyone that's stuck it out this far, and some people are still learning their character's skills, but the Veterans that you hook up with just make your day smooth. Hero ranks...as an Uncabballed Neutral, I only like it if I've got a nice group of Friends around me...my own little Heya! Cabal.

It was fun, every step.