Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Oeren the Initiate of the Wilds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=57375
57375, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Oeren the Initiate of the Wilds
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Apr 14 13:45:34 2007

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Oeren perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:32
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:46
57376, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Oeren the Initiate of the Wilds
Posted by Oeren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not my best showing, learned one thing at least. Think I'm done with cf for awhile, just tend to either get bored delete, or frustrated delete. Either way not finding it as much fun as I did 3-4 years ago. Great game as always just think I need to pull back.

Apologies to anyone right at the end there, a bit embarrassing. Not my normal MO.
57391, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Oeren the Initiate of the Wilds
Posted by Grokka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can understand your frustration. Too bad you deleted over it though.
57398, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Oeren the Initiate of the Wilds
Eh, doesn't bother me. I delete when I'm done with a character what ever the reason I don't play through injury so to speak, I don't find that enjoyable, so bored, frustrated, whatever, when I'm done, I'm done.
57394, So, yeah....
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was snooping you when you died. Kind of a sucky circumstance. The OOC on cb was too bad too. I transed you between your deletes in an attempt to tell you a couple things (and gently chide you for the OOC stuff), but your second delete went through too fast.

Anyways what I was going to tell you is you could have done the following:

op w
(badguy closes the door)
op w
flee

There is code in place that won't let doors be closed nearly as fast as they are opened. You kept trying:
op w
flee
op w
flee

and between that and (your own) wasps...meh.
57397, RE: So, yeah....
Yeah I spammed the deletes so not much I could do, glad I did though because I was mad and probably best no matter the intention that I just was done and not bothered as I would almost certainly have made a bigger ass of myself. (Yeah hard to believe but I'm sure I could accomplish it)

Anyway, thanks for the attempt at the advice. I do know the lag on close door is greater then open door but in the heat of the moment, wasn't thinking clearly how to beat that.

What I learned though was not to bother retrieving from orcs :P