Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Grillast Grilgun the Legend of the Battlefield, the Compassionate Challenger of the Court
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=57315
57315, (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Grillast Grilgun the Legend of the Battlefield, the Compassionate Challenger of the Court
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Apr 13 07:45:07 2007

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Grillast perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:87
57356, Bottle Rocket!
Posted by Dewrit on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go. I noticed you played a lot each day though. One day you were level 20 then the next you were level 48. That is always a receipt for burn-out. Limit yourself, take it slow. Play about 2-3 hours during the week and your character won't seem so bad. Also, ignore those other people. There was nothing wrong with the way you played a maran in my eyes.
57347, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Grillast Grilgun the Legend of the Battlefield, the Compassionate Challenger of the Court
Posted by Waserax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What was it you wanted to talk about that one time? You wanted some sort of meeting with Kharghurln and me. I'm curious, but don't answer if it gives anything away about characters that are still active.
57350, It doesnt
Posted by shamanman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In all honesty, I just wanted to chill with you two and, well, talk. I dont know what I had in mind exactly, probably nothing but a talk of beliefs and reasons. Its always fun to learn why someone is doing something IC.
57342, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Grillast Grilgun the Legend of the Battlefield, the Compassionate Challenger of the Court
I'll do the goodbyes here that I havent done on qhcf.

Eshval: Thank you so, so much for the interaction. I had to seriously and deeply think of my ideals for this character, your 'arguments' gave me reason to think and made it fun. I didnt know what to expect, but you were pure awesome.

Fortress: I really dislike most of you. I liked Thoric though, you were the bomb man. For the most part, the rest of you were really annoying, would immediately log out if things looked bad, would immediately log out if you died without even an attempt to regear. I'm boggled as how 75% of you got Maran. But, maybe I'm just bitter.

Vessit: I'm glad to say that I two rounded you with your full army, special guards, extra golems and everything. Not to mention the two other tribs right there. Maybe you considered me suicidal, but I sure as hell pasted you.

Nuloh: Man, hitting you was like hitting a rock 95% of the time, and then that other 5% of the time, I knew there was no way in hell I was killing you. It was frustrating. It was incredibly frustrating.

Shivir: I disliked all the #### you talked on me in silverwood, talking about how I never fought alone based on one occasion when you jumped me. Me beating you down in Galadon and forcing you to word when there was about 7 people after me was the high point of my interaction with you.

Martanis: You were tough as nails, and I had props for you. You were willing to go at it alone against groups, and just mix it up in general. Not to mention you were classy, which was cool.

I'm running blank again, I'll finish by answered Nep as much as I can: I'm rather sorry you consider me in 'column b' maybe I'm not super deadly or great and I dont spend enough time regearing, simply because when ghost time is over, why spend more time regearing when I can get back into the fray? I'm curious which chars you think were in 'column a' simply so I can look back at those characters and see how my play style has differed. I'd be more then willing then taking a step back and reviewing my 'good batch' rather then my 'bad batch'. I tried rather hard to make this one more sensible and less suicidal.
57344, Some more goodbyes
First and foremost: Exotics are a bitch to get as a goodie. So much easier when you're evil. Besides, playing two sky-rocket ranker goodies back to back(dalayl and this guy), I need a break. It kind of broke my spirit when Baerinika told me I lacked tactics and needed to be more cautious to become a Maran because..thats just not what Grillast was about:P.

If you want to say something, you can post such here or on officials. I'll do only the enemy goodbyes here(and zesam) and the rest on the official(because enemies are who is on my mind)

Ahiviln: I died a lot to you stupidly, but to your credit you never put yourself in a situation that you couldnt escape from(except that one time in the Fortress). Good job, props to you

Tragnor: We had the weirdest ass fights, either I would rape you or you would rape me. There wasn't an in between.

Hunsobo: I said my feelings in game. I have more respect for you after Lezram and this guy then I can fit into words. You are, in fact, the man.

Kharg: You, like Hunsobo, ####ing rock. The two of you were classy and stylish, and I loved getting beaten around by you.

Kanaev: Wish we would have interacted more, but I liked you too.

And finally, the two who would always save my ass no matter what

Zesam: You were unspeakably cool. You played off my quirks perfectly, we had fun too. Too bad you never saw me during my 'high points', I wasnt always half naked brawling dwarf. I suppose I can only say this: Thank You. You were kickass.

Ewonasirra: Thank you so, so much for bitchranking me. With all the gear/spells, you made me twice as deadly as I should have been.
57341, Damn you!
Posted by Shooloo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You thin bearded dwarf! I want that scepter. You will have to come back from the dead and give it to me. That is all.
57343, :P Thats all??
Thanks again for everything you did for me, I Felt that Zesam wanted to shoot himself in the face whenever he'd gate to the dead dwarf. I knew I just found it funny. I'd ask for help WAY too late, and be in #### way too deep to save myself. You'd gate when I was at the altar sometimes and I could see Zesam crying. It was awesome:P. Thanks for picking me up and regearing me, much love.
57339, Man...
Posted by Hunsobo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you are maybe not getting enough credit for tactics - you tried WAY more things on me than other folks. Most didn't work, but some threw me for a loop and I had to think fast to counteract them. Seemed better than a lot of other folks I've fought who use the same tactic over and over and are just annoyed when it doesn't work.

One of the last times we fought, you were doing some nice damage to me before I withdrew.

I will agree with the "suicidal" comments though. If you die and lose some nice gear - don't just rush at that guy again (or the guy next to him) - go RE-EQUIP. Coming at me (alone) with a set of midnight dragon and a couple other pieces is just silly.

That's one reason I just stunned you instead of bashing you into dirt last night - I just couldn't do it.

Good luck with the next.
57330, I'm really sorry to see this
Posted by Thoric on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you were really fun to be around. Thoric tried his best to teach you, even when he agreed with you more than half the time.

Come on back man, more times like you, me and eshval are the high points of this game.

Thoric
57337, Its not a matter of teaching shamanman
Posted by A2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That is how he plays *every single* char I've seen of his. It always appears that speedy con death is his goal. If he actually used tactics I'd be wary of him.

Not to hijack his deletion thread but am I reading this right?

"Come on back man, more times like you, me and eshval are the high points of this game."

You and eshval are the only thing in cf made of awsome & win?
57340, re: the eshval part..
Posted by Thoric on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was responding to a specifc rp session that was really fun.

And yes, I know thats how shamanman's chars are. But I prefer to deal with each char as a solo entity, not as the player behind it.
57320, What happened to you, man?
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There's a thin line between

A) "Crap, that guy is on. If I level (or whatever), I have to really keep a sharp eye out for him. If he sees half an opportunity to kill me he's going to be straight on me."

and

B) "Oh, that guy is on. He's going to charge me everytime he sees me whether he could win or not. Free gear!"

I really feel like you used to be more in the A column, and now you're more over in the B column. It's a great and dangerous thing to be fearless, as long as you don't miss the last exit to fearless and get stuck driving into stupid instead.

You have it in you as a player to be that guy that the other side is afraid of because he just doesn't give a #### and will roll the dice and try to take you, but this character didn't end up being like that (past let's say, level 15 or so). He was more the guy who was re-equipping all the evil characters.

Focus a little more and make better choices. I know you can do way better than this with just the smallest amount of discretion.
57321, Case in point from last night:
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If two Empire warriors are trucking down Eastern Road, either of which is going to be a rough fight for you at the moment because their state of gear is 1000% better than yours, you do not yell at them! You run the #### away!

I'm all about trying to kill potential raiders long before they get massed/prepped to raid, but when people are already grouped up and clearly heading TO raid, sometimes the smart move is to get the mileage out of the guardians that you can.