Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Chamois the Disciple of Ancient Ways, Absorber of Blows
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=57282
57282, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Chamois the Disciple of Ancient Ways, Absorber of Blows
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Apr 11 12:42:59 2007

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Chamois perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:warrior
Level:49
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:51
57286, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Chamois the Disciple of Ancient Ways, Absorber of Blows
Posted by Some Nobody on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow. 49 levels in 51 hours? You had to be somewhat of a tank to be able to average 1 level/hr all the way through. I didn't know that was even possible!
57290, was with lots of downtime in between but it was
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
because I was a fairly selfless defender and dual wielded and double blocked while others tanked. My parry and dodge were about 90 if I was lucky.

-----Abernyte
57283, Well what a lame duck this build turned out to be.
I went for lots of RP choices and made what I thought was a good role and everything about the character was a creation from an RP standpoint rather than a strength build but boy did I regret it.

Staff/spear spec as he was a farmer lad from a farming background, not an expert in the staff as far as he was concerned and never saw himself as a true true knight and so did not learn any other specialization.

Legacies were part of his background which I wont divulge as I may use some of the aspects in another character as I liked the background etc, just not the hour past midnight and striking the shadows footfall legacy. From the drow background and watching the sheep etc he had developed good observation skills and so chose striking. I was wis prime stat so had 19 21 24 21 19 as my stats and even as a staff/spear or exotic wielder I was just a crap tank. Add to that, that in 4 Pk fights I had since choosing striking at 48 I got a total of two of the messages to say I was getting any insight. I guess 21 int 24 wis was not good enough to benefit from it and it was my last hope to be able to tank people and it just wasn't working. Enjoyed the return to the village for the most part as I made sure very few people could work out it was me or atleast I hope I did.

Anyway, time for tea.

-----Abernyte

P.S. The Imm who titled me didn't help much either. My name was perfectly viable and was mocked by the title yet people like Braeburn (a type of APPLE!) got virtues etc and no mocking title. Not a biggee but still there. especially when part of his story was to get his name changed to his mothers dark-elf choice for a name Danaesh (Dan-eh-esh)

57284, Village addict. Begin 12 steps now. nt
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
57285, Shadow is Int primary isn't it?
Posted by Pro-man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
d
57291, I thought it was both int and wis so aimed for 21 24~
~
57295, I just had it on a dark-elf and it worked nicely.
Posted by ibuki on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's 24 int and 21 wis. It would generally give one of its little messages every 1-3 rounds and it never took more than like 16 for it to be fully charged up.
57319, I had plenty of striking going off
Posted by Randomizer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
as an arial with 23 int.

Also, if you look up Norpan logs, that was a dwarf warrior with striking, it seemed to go off plenty for him and dwarf racial max is 19 int 19 wis if I'm not mistaken.

Maybe RNG just hated you.