Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Fepesunus the Weaver of the Elements
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=5714
5714, (DEL) Fepesunus the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Apr 12 13:09:09 2002

12 o''clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Battle on the Theran calendar Fepesunus perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:288
PK Ratio:31% (closer to 100% is better)

5715, Nexus
Posted by Distaur (Fep) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just a quick note since it seems to be a misunderstanding that i didn't like Nexus. I did, it is a very very tight knit community, the bond powers are great, and being without any powers as a voker is really not a problem anyway. I just never really got to grips with the philosophy totally.
Sorry if my efforts to keep it short previously blurred this fact.
Jon
5716, RE: (DEL) Fepesunus the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Distaur (Fep) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well not much to say, rolled before the changes to vokers, hated the practicing, but it stopped me deleting even through god knows how many deaths in the 20-40 levels due to some hideous lag. i thought my pk ratio would be a lot worse because of it. Haven't logged on in over a week due to lack of time. Logged on tonight to delete, thought i'd have one last crack at the ragers since they held the link.

Lohrn falls into the pit!
Solphia falls into the pit!
You are encased in a shield of earth and suddenly feel more solid.

This happened just as I was preparing to go raid, so it all ended rather ingloriously with destrinax flying above the pit, and me without flight, aura and barrier put up yet, and the wrong shield for anything but fighting in rain of stones.

Nexus
Liked a lot of you, never really got to grips with the philosophy, but tried to do my best for you. Special mention to Bleergiem who was on so damn often with me people must have thought we were permagrouping.

Ragers
Disliked fighting you, since at heart I guess i'll always be a rager, I only made Fep to go exploring with. Special mentions for: Zenguko for some of the slickest timing ever in hitting me between flight dropping and me quaffing a flight potion, in a spot I could tell as soon as he entered the room. Thallius for keeping on rolling despite the fact that a bard shield stacks up horrendously badly against a voker and Lohrn for being a shield in a world that treats them badly, and being good at it. (Also for granting a dying gnomes request for information at the last, although maybe he shouldn't have.)

All the rest
If I liked or disliked you you could probably tell, but i'm trying to write this and go, so don't feel slighted if I dont mention you.

On Invokers
Its was discussed over and over, so i won't go into it, but yes I felt that invokers were powerful, especially outside, even as badly as I played them.

On CF
Its been nearly 8 years and a lot of fun, i may get time for another character in a month or so's time but in case I dont, goodbye and thanks for it all.

Jon, AKA Distaur

5721, RE: (DEL) Fepesunus the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Lohrn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Lohrn for being a shield in a world that treats them badly, and being good at it. (Also for granting a dying gnomes request for information at the last, although maybe he shouldn't have.)

Thanks. I have a lot of memories of you back in my younger days. You would always be there to shield the sentinel and always there to retrieve on the rare case we held the link. You were definitely well-played and will be missed.

P.S. All I told you was how we spotted you prepping. Heh. Good luck with everything.

Lohrn
5720, RE: (DEL) Fepesunus the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Nydeikon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ewe, that sucks. We play at pretty much extremely opposite times, so I didn't get to see you that much, but I thought you did a good job, from what I did see. Anyhow, it always hurts to loose an invoker. Well played and sorry it just wasn't for you (least that is what I got from your post). Best of luck on the next one.

That Whil guy.
5719, RE: (DEL) Fepesunus the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Delenir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks a lot for introducing me to the Nexus and stuff like that and letting me participate in a rager raid even before I was inducted. You had a good character and you were a good player. I regret that I didn't see you as much after I joined but I still smiled whenever a saw Fep around.

See ya in the fields

-Delenir Paralad Filmandir Boweshard
5718, RE: (DEL) Fepesunus the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Lorak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bah.....well wish we coulda spent more time together then we did. Always always always like bein with invokers when goin for Rager's. Seems like it's almost always a win when they're around. You were great. We didn't interact a stupendous amount but a descent amount. Wish it could of been more. Like what I saw.....(if it matters at all) Things went well with you around. Sad to see you delete though. And sorry you didn't like the Nexus that much. Like I've said before....we all have our own opinions and each one's is different to an extent. But good luck with the next.

Lorak
5717, RE: (DEL) Fepesunus the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Thallius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go. Yeah a defender bard can't do ##### against an invoker. No damage songs work and well.. I can't sing frieghtful fiend or dodge area spells. I sort of had to stick with it as I was a defender and often the only one, I would try to just get ya confused to try and scare ya away. I have been gone about a week on a lot of trips and stuff but should be able to start playing again on wednesday. Nice to see I will have one less of the invoker brigade chasing me around. By the way the one time i was being gaunted by a nexite and you helped me kill the gaunt... what was up with that?