Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Iia the Elemental Queen, Root of the Gaping Maw, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=57051
57051, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Iia the Elemental Queen, Root of the Gaping Maw, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Apr 5 06:58:29 2007

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Iia perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:druid
Level:48
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:185
57147, Druids are hell to deal with.
Posted by Tallanalas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was asking around IC how to deal with you, but even with wooden weapons, I was defensless.

Thorn Heart sent me running everytime. If you landed it, I left.

Seemed like a solid character. I only ever heard complaints about you winning every fight.
57112, Learned a lot...
Posted by Yikoti on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From running away from you. I felt like I won something one time when I figured out how you were finding me. When I was finally able to make you run away almost 50% of the time I was a bit sad.

There's something poetic about fighting a crazy outlander in the flames of a burning city...

Anyway, thanks for the laughs.
57109, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Iia the Elemental Queen, Root of the Gaping Maw, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Posted by Ukthar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a fun foe to fight. I was scared to death of you in the
beginning, I got you once but I ran from you many many times.
A tremendous druid you were.
57065, Brief Note before a more thorough note (txt)
Posted by Amora on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for great fun everyone.

Thanks to all the immortals, Lyristeon was great. Thanks to all the other outlanders. Thanks to all the enemies.

Basically, the only rason I had to delete is that I was totally burnt out on druids. Not showing up as leader had everything to do with not wanting to log on to a druid type class.

Suddenly I started to feel real bad about applicants and it became..."God, I don't really want to log onto a druid, but their are applicants waiting." I love leadership positions, don't mind interviews, but when you no longer even want to play a class that seems all wrong.

The human race was fun and not nearly as inferior to wood-elves as I thought it might be. It really is all about forest time.

I felt really deathful at first, but then later ate some bad deaths. Like...went from deathful to dying 10 times in a row at the end, often soon as I unghosted. This was to shapeshifters, wooden pincers, undead, earth elementals, special guards, and a variety of other things that made me feel like I was a priest who forgot to put sanctuary up :) I hate that as druids you are protected against the newbies and unprotected against the players that know what they are doing and more elite. Also, I hate prep classes, and druids almost fall into this category when going against the non-metallic opponents :) It never helps that I run my druids agressively, which makes for some exciting on the edge kills, but near the end made for a string of frustrating deaths :)

Thanks again,

Crystanthia, Tiera, Amora, Alyre, Iia

PS: Druid edges would have been cheerful and interesting, but I couldn't keep applicants waiting for something to rekindle interest in a class.
57089, A few things.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Iia was the best candidate for the spot. I know you had been eating a few bad deaths and your con was getting low. You had earned a shot at Harbinger and I was hoping that the leader con would have given you that boost to turn it back on.

As a follower goes, you did really well when you were into it. Good luck with your next.
57118, Thank you
Posted by Theroc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you for the Black Hammers on cocaine. The hammer possessed all its properties but was jacked with twice the stats. I made many many shiny gold pieces cause of you. So once again, Thank You.

I wanted to see Thief Edges especially in the form of enchancing the stealing abilities.
57119, So much for "the player who makes things seem overpower...
Posted by Esk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cool character, but I think this goes to show druids were pretty broken last time you ran around with one, despite Nep's claims otherwise.
57125, It's pretty common knowledge herbs were buggy...
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But that doesn't change the fact that Amora's druids are tough. I think Amora prepped more with that character than with others since, but that could be a factor of buggy herbs.
57126, RE: So much for
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Eh, I don't think this is that far off form. Don't forget that Amora con-died.

Iia was still the killingest non-evil character of her time by a wide margin. Without crunching the math on it, if she didn't rack up the most kills per hour of any recent character she's certainly in the running.
57129, Well done
Posted by Halistanis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man, wasn't you offensive? I was running both with you and against you ( I believe I killed you twice(?) with my alt), and I must say I was impressed. I wish I was that crazy as Halistanis but it is just not my game style (though I am working on it, honestly!).

And I feel your pain. Druids seems to get more and more annoying to PK with with time. I am currently struggling to keep interest in Halistanis as well. For many reasons though, not only because druidish PK gets boring.

Anyways, nice induction, very consistent RP, awesome PK, well deserved leadership. I just hoped to see your con-death.

You tell Iia "You should care a bit more of your body, child." Hehe.

Good luck with your next!
57220, I had a great time fighting you
Posted by Victoria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First time I've ever been able to play around with most of the AP skillset against a druid. I am really surprised that I never died to you. There were certainly some close calls (for me). Thing is, there are very few classes where there isn't some sort of optimum tactic, but against druids there were a whole mix of things to try.

That time I slept you you were probably in less danger than you thought. I was low on mana before the fight even started. If it weren't for my groupmates running me out of the room I planned to summon you to it could have possibly gone my way though. Every time I walked in to shut the door and summon you, they started trying to chase you. Bleh.

Anyway, well played. I take it leadership didn't appeal?
57059, Eh?
Posted by Halistanis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What has happened?
57058, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Iia the Elemental Queen, Root of the Gaping Maw, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Posted by Verakh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was always amazed that you never got to hero *throws a rock at you* I remember being mid-20s and leveling on Kao-Toa with that god awful Jellyfish form :P Have fun with your next.
57055, My Comments
Posted by Isabaeux on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Skilled and willing to stick it out in the tough times. Good character.