Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Zar Poluin the Champion of Battlefields
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=56972
56972, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Zar Poluin the Champion of Battlefields
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Apr 2 05:09:37 2007

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Zar perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:46
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:111
56988, Goodbyes.
Posted by Cointreau on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Going to stay off any serious characters till I get my life in order. I'm in a bit of a rut at the moment, and find myself waking up each day, saying I'll mud for an hour or two, then end up playing it all day. Instead of doing something productive like job hunting.

Imms, thanks for the great game, but why do you have to make is so damn addictive?

Vassten: Sorry for deleting on you, hang in there and I'm sure you'll snag a leadership position.

Drathiel: Air/Def!? Holy crap. I just heroed a shifter and that was tough enough, and my combo wasn't anywhere near as boring as that. Good luck with it. Oh, and whilst I know you couldn't really assist much in PK, my main reasons was I had the Ehren Soul edge, so whilst your extra few attacks may have helped, they probably weren't worth all the extra skills I'd miss.

Bralkar?: Think that was your name. Fire Giant Berserker. Cool fights, you were one of the few characters I had to be really careful around. Most characters I would either wade through, or I'd have to flee after a long fight. With you I had to be ready to flee from the word go.

Fycul: You get special mention cause that last death really, really pissed me off. I'd been fighting both you and the AP, nearly killed the AP but couldn't chase because I was blind so I teleported away, or at least into another room in the same area. Being blind I had no idea, so I sat there happily till you came and finished me off.

Zhihara: Cool lowbie fights. I must come across as pretty skilled in some of those fights. I always thought you were skilled, so when I killed you I was always in shock. I always rock my range from 20-40, it's once I reach hero it gets utterly flipped around.

Ahihivin?: Imperial Necromancer. I always found it funny you could never sleep me despite having 9 ranks on me. Gotta love that RNG loving. Thought it was pretty gay though when you decided you'd never fight me again once I had full Maranship. Sure, eyes is tough to beat as a Necromancer, but I never backed out of a fight when the situation was reversed and you had nine ranks on me and a full zombie army.

Goodbye all. I'll probably be back, but not with anything serious for a while.
56990, RE: Goodbyes.
Posted by Ahivilin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow. Are you delusional or just full of ####? You ran if you hit gushing and I wasn't convulsing. Or if I summoned you somewhere you wouldn't want to flee from, which hey, I probably wouldn't want to flee either and you do more damage... think about that. As for me saying I wasn't going to bother, it was because the previous three or four fights as soon as I blinded you you fled and quaffed. Even if you had a couple scratches and I was half dead. Considering the number of sleep attempts versus successes (which was like 20 - 0) it was pretty weak. So my options of fighting you and you staying was pretty much just vamp touch, yippee. But what the hell, I'm the gay one. Whatever.
56996, The difference.
I would fight you. If things turned ####ty (whether it be 1 round into the fight or 10) I'd get out, but I would at least make an attempt. As a Necro (especially pre-Maran) it's the first round of combat which is the most important anyway.

What you basically told me, or at least how I intpereted it was "No point fighting you, so unless you're raiding I'm gonna just piss off".
56997, RE: The difference.
Posted by Necro Lover on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pre-mummy and Pre-lich necros don't do well against marans. Every cabal power you have is designed to fight them. Give a necro a spell that auto sleeps marans, I doubt very many would fight that necro.
57000, True.
But you're telling me a Giant Warrior (without Maran powers) has much chance vs. a Necro (with bash protection) who has over 9 ranks on him? Even if none of his spells landed, and I got in every pincer I could, I still had to flee half the time because his zombies straight up owned me.

I don't disagree full Maran are tough to fight as a Necro, but pre-Maran the fight is just as tough for the Warrior. Thought it was a bit weak that after all the risks I took coming after him as a Scribe he couldn't at least do the same. Then again, he's evil, it could just be his role.
57002, RE: The difference.
Posted by Ahiviln on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You didn't make the attempt in the case of the summoning I mentioned.

As for what I said, think about it a moment. You would at least make an attempt. Alright, so would I and if I landed a successful blind you were gone before the next round. So what point was there in fighting you, except maybe at centurions. Auto-attack, some pincers, a decent chance of death for me and for you... none? As for your post below, I'll call #### yet again. What real risks? Aside from a couple fights you usually had people with you so the risk was mostly on my side. First fight that I recall was you vs me and a golem/mummy at the fort and I fled while you had covered wounds, you telported even though I was down to ~100hp. Next one was me vs you and two others while fighting the tara'bal, still fled. If I remember right, both pre-36, which means no bash protection. That you didn't bash isn't my fault. If you want to believe everything was how you say, fine, doesn't make it smell any better though. You rock, I suck.
57003, What the #### are you talking about?
First time we fought was on Eastern, I bashed the #### out of you before being forced to flee by your zombies alone. This was the only time we fought without bash protection.

The one time you summoned me and I teleported away was because you summoned me to a ####ed up place I didn't want to be, whilst you were flying, with bash protection and I lacked pincer. What was I doing to do, dirt and whirl? I came at you in the first place in an attempt to catch you by surprise, when it backfired I bailed.

You're delusional, the only time we fought at the Fort was when you were retrieving. You were at least level 44 and wanded out the arse. Hence the reason I got the hell out once blinded. You're thinking of someone else.

How can you say there were no risks on my side? Especially pre-Maran. All you have to do is 'c sleep' 'order rescue'/'c word'. If sleep fails, fine, you're gone. If it lands, I'm most likely dead. I try to fight Necros in specific areas I can escape from, but sometimes it's a 0% chance of escape once slept.

I died to three different Necromancers once I got to Maranhood, and one lucky Orc. Once a ghoul paralyzed me and the necro army beat me down. Another time I was slept and teleported to die to my scourge. Finally I was PWKed whilst fighting another. Necros were my biggest fear, and the most effective killers.

Here's a tip on how to kill Maran warriors. Head into a locked room, Balator Inn is good. Summon me when you see me, I will auto-attack (one round lag), rescue before my pincer goes through. Blind me. Then rescue again and maladict me as I slowly die to your minions. That's one easy way to kill me. Hell, even just flee once I auto attack. If you have a big army I'll still get beaten down.
57019, RE: What the #### are you talking about?
Posted by Esk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Here's a tip on how to kill Maran warriors. Head into a locked
>room, Balator Inn is good. Summon me when you see me, I will
>auto-attack (one round lag), rescue before my pincer goes
>through. Blind me. Then rescue again and maladict me as I
>slowly die to your minions. That's one easy way to kill me.
>Hell, even just flee once I auto attack. If you have a big
>army I'll still get beaten down.

Out of curiousity, have you ever played a necromancer? The lag he gets from summoning you is 2 rounds. Your lag from murder is 1 round. You'll pincer him well before he gets order all rescue off, and he'll lag himself by doing that (so you can pincer him again). Even if he's barriered, pincer/disembowel stands a fairly reasonable chance of killing him in that scenario, due to how fragile necros are.

While I don't think the fight is hopeless, I also don't think its quite as simple as you make it out to be.
57021, RE: What the #### are you talking about?
Are you certain? I never landed a pincer on any necromancer who summoned me (if I had eyes up) unless they tried to cast on me before fleeing. Maybe I lag, who knows, but they always fled instantly. No, they had too much HP for wimpy to kick in.
57026, Eyes has a toggle for a reason. nt
Posted by Ares on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
57001, Pity you've gone, I hoped to assassinate you finally after this two times you got me(nt)
Posted by Eshek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
57004, Heh, I forgot about you.
I always draw a blank when trying to think of good byes. I liked you because you were always up for a good fight, even if your chances of killing me were slim. Pity we didn't fight once I got my legacy. Greetings is so much more effective than I realised.
57011, Cool enemy
Posted by Bralkar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liked to have you around and fight to you. Also our little rp at guild was interesting. Good luck in rl and I hope to see you sooner or later.

p.s. Did you have problems with mastering flurry? Seems to me there is something wrong with it or may be just bad luck.
57022, RE: Cool enemy
I tried practicing for about two hours on perfect match creeps and didn't get one improvement, I then said #### it and started ranking. It went up slowly, it but at least it moved. From 40 to 46 (and I spent a lot of the time using axes anyway) I think I got flurry up to about 86%? I can't remember.

Wield one sword and dual a mace or dagger or something, keep berserk up and flurry away. If you hero and it still isn't perfected then group with your cabal mates and pull them up to hero.

Good luck.
57023, Duuuudeee
Posted by Mersiliat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You suck so bad!!

I had high hopes for you. You already had that leaderesque air about you! I wish you hadn't done this, but I know the ways of how Real Life gets in the way of CF, or CF gets in the way of real life. Heh, its funny just saying real life.

Well anyway! Good luck getting your life on track, and I hope to see you about the Fortress again soon!

Well done with Zar, I liked him. And i'm sure the Fortress will miss him!
57025, I hate you so much right now.
It's posts like this that make me want to come back and re-roll! I've held off so far but don't tempt me!

Thanks all the same though, I actually felt really bad about Zar, like I couldn't keep his RP together and kept making mistakes. I actually asked two hero imms over cb what the difference between the leaders were! I also have an itchy flee; qua teleportation finger, which doesn't go well with a char that follows the Paladin's code. Several times I'd flee and teleport when a fight turned sour only to have my ally annouce they'd died. Not very Paladinly of me.

Posts like this make feel as though I wasn't doing everything wrong though. So thanks again. and good luck with Mersiliat. I actually recommended you several times for a leader position too, but shh, you're not ment to know that.
56983, You're Kidding Me Right? N/T
Posted by Vassten on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT