Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Wonza the Champion of Battlefields
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=56874
56874, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Wonza the Champion of Battlefields
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Mar 29 18:34:34 2007

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Wonza perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:46
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:122
56899, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Wonza the Champion of Battlefields
Posted by Terwin05 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You took a beating, but you've definitely improved a lot since the Boca days. Keep it up - look forward to seeing your next.

T
56929, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Wonza the Champion of Battlefields
Posted by Wonza on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always love when someone remembers Boca, I should really role a character that is tentative to keep you all guessing, but i love just going balls to the walls and see whos alive at the end.
56898, Dude...
Posted by Theroc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember kicking you out of the Inn couple of times for confessing to attack a mage in the Inn and promising to attack the mage when he shows up.

Other than that, you never got in my range for me to steal from you.
56882, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Wonza the Champion of Battlefields
Posted by Fhaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That is really too bad. You told me you were close to death the other day. I think you did a good job. I know that pillar can destroy a defender... Anyways keep rolling, and you will do much better your next time!

-Fhaen Drusan
56877, What i saw when i died.
Derasori the felar is here.
You flee from combat!

<43hp 381m 698mv 2993tnl (82.90%)> Along the Eastern Road
Constructed of great slabs of closely fitted stone, a wide and well-
traveled road runs to the east and west here. The rocky land,
resplendent in faded colors of brown, red and yellow, slopes gradually up
to the northwest, while to the southeast lie the endlessly swirling Sands
of Sorrow. Large rocks jut from the sandy soil, worn smooth by the wind
and infrequent rain into strange shapes. Tough plants with spiny leaves
dot the surrounding landscape, growing in small clumps where moisture
collects close to the surface.

Bralkar the fire giant is here.
Your worst nightmare rises out of a gathering darkness to torment you.
A phantasmal killer yells 'Wonza! Now you die!'
You parry a phantasmal killer's mental assault.
You dodge a phantasmal killer's mental assault.
You parry a phantasmal killer's mental assault.
A phantasmal killer has some small but disgusting cuts.

<43hp 381m 697mv 2993tnl (82.90%)> No way! You are still fighting!

<43hp 381m 697mv 2993tnl (82.90%)> No way! You are still fighting!

<43hp 381m 697mv 2993tnl (82.90%)> A hairy, long-legged spider has arrived.
Along the Eastern Road
and infrequent rain into strange shapes. A copse of tall palm trees and
short, tough-looking scrub plants grows just to the south of the road.

You flee from combat!

<43hp 381m 696mv 2993tnl (82.90%)> Derasori leaves.

<43hp 381m 696mv 2993tnl (82.90%)> Along the Eastern Road
and infrequent rain into strange shapes. Tough plants with spiny leaves
dot the surrounding landscape, growing in small clumps where moisture
collects close to the surface.

A long-legged spider moves carefully towards some unknown goal.
Bralkar the fire giant is here.
Your worst nightmare rises out of a gathering darkness to torment you.

<43hp 381m 695mv 2993tnl (82.90%)>
A hairy, long-legged spider bites you.
A hairy, long-legged spider's bite wounds you.
You sure are BLEEDING!
Along the Eastern Road
traveled road curves to the north and east here. The rocky land,
resplendent in faded colors of brown, red and yellow, slopes gradually
up to the northwest and down to the southeast, where it merges almost
seamlessly into the swirling Sands of Sorrow. Two huge rock formations
bracket the road, forcing it to curve from its otherwise unwavering
course. Tough plants with spiny leaves dot the surrounding landscape,
growing in small clumps where moisture collects close to the surface.

You flee from combat!

<25hp 381m 694mv 2993tnl (82.90%)> Alas, you cannot go that way.

<25hp 381m 694mv 2993tnl (82.90%)> You aren't fighting anyone.

<25hp 381m 694mv 2993tnl (82.90%)> Alas, you cannot go that way.

<25hp 381m 694mv 2993tnl (82.90%)> Along the Eastern Road
traveled road curves to the south and west here. The rocky land,
seamlessly into the swirling Sands of Sorrow. Two huge rock formations
bracket the road, forcing it to curve from its otherwise unwavering
course. Tough plants with spiny leaves dot the surrounding landscape,

<25hp 381m 693mv 2993tnl (82.90%)> Along the Eastern Road
seamlessly into the swirling Sands of Sorrow. Large rocks jut from the
sandy soil, worn smooth by the wind and infrequent rain into strange
shapes. Tough plants with spiny leaves dot the surrounding landscape,

<25hp 381m 692mv 2993tnl (82.90%)>
%%% Disconnected from server.

Someone want to tell me what Con Death Looks like????!?!?!?
56879, Aldran's Con Death
Posted by Tiatan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You have been KILLED!!

You have died, but the Carrion Fields are not finished with you yet!
Your soul is returned to the realms in the form of a ghost.
You will return to your corporeal state in a short while.
Be careful, for even a ghost should fear some dangers!
Your vitality has faded. You gasp your last breaths.
You turn into a ghost for half an hour.

You can quit at anytime to speed the process along.

<snip>

quit
Awaiting the hour of reprisal, your time slips away...
Your form dissolves and you find yourself in Heaven.
To use this name again, you must talk to an implementor.
56926, RE: Aldran's Con Death
You're always good for an answer in a pinch, thanks.
- Veggie Ribs

56876, Wonza is Dead.
Another quality PKer from Veggie Ribs. I have never con died before, and believe me that was no goal. I obviously cant play any character with not a lot of con. People might be thinking, this guys was nuts, got killed all the time, which is true, but in classic Veggie Ribs sytle i faced the worst odds ever. Bard and Assassin, no prob. Two Shifters and Bard, SURE. Entire Nexus Island, Let me at em. This was my first Battlerager, and that Cabal is nuts, everyone is after you all the time, or you have to be going after them. After a series of Tribs, I can now see why people say they are boring. I didnt even log 100 hours with this char i think, so if you blinked you may have missed him. Most of the people that i said bye to as Progglesnort are still around so ill give a shout to the people i only knew as Wonza.

Village: No specific good byes, to all the people i ranked with and all was fun, I thought most of you were wierd though.I like how there is more Immteraction in the village, Ysal Cracking jokes, like when i just became a memeber and thought i wasnt a ghost, attacked the guardian at the island and died. Yes Ysal i certainly proved i had "Bird Brains" with this one.

Bayanil: Had to give you a shout for RPing being drunk so well. You were funny as hell sometimes.

Nuloh: You killed me quite a bit when i was young, but couldnt touch me at the end, im sorry we couldnt battle it out a bit more, was always interesting.

Vessit: I got pretty decent at fighting you, it was basically you sleep and scourge me im screwed, i hit you first your screwed, still had a couple good ones. You deffinately had some stones, more then i can say for most Tribs.

Marion: I might have liked fighting you the most. I think the entire open plains was painted red with that one fight we had. It was kind of lame how you would always attack me when i was already in battle though, and always brought a friend. Like, i dont know when i almost killed you and Vadante in the vale and you came with Him, another shifter and a transmuter to kill me on the volcano..... lame. But anyway i would sit here and laugh cause i liked you but i would always call you a Bastid.

I know there are more but i cant think right now, send me something ill reply.
Never know where ill pop up next.
-Veggie Ribs

56878, damn man
Posted by Commander on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew you were getting close but didnt think that close :(
I saw you as one of the first inducts and one of my favorite of the new blood. You had tons of balls for a defender but also didnt foget you were a defender and you defended the village to the end and your kin to the end which was awsome. A defender with balls was Wonza and Hielk could def learn from you if thats what he was trying to acomplish. Sorry we got crushed togehter today and I left you hanging but I was... well I told you what was going on and I am sorry that I couldnt get down in time to help out.

The end of that I was trying to get you to pull out and then keep them busy long enough to let you get safe, which was working cus I stole his spirit breaker and then took off and they both chased me heh. I though you would of had the fiend down and didnt realize a shifter jumped you too.

my last words before you lost link were "Wonza yah alright with that fiend lad" or something to that degree

We had fun though and "you need ter work on your aim" I was laughing so hard when you hurled torso me and how later on you missed like six at shalifs throat *sigh* some times #### never works out haha

I am glad you enjoyed this char and I hope I was fun to play with and be around

oh and shortly after your death:
a yellow world tell that said

"With his last and final breath, Wonza curses all magi."

hope you had fun, see you in the fields brother

56928, RE: damn man
You were my inspiration for rolling a villager after Progglesnort. You guys were bad ass, Yean, Eulinda, Drakgrak, You, Kaasi, Thrak, Taelina, Fhaen, Brinkmun. I thought i could learn a thing or two about PK from you all. First Yean HeroImmed when i was still PRogglesnort, then right after i rolled Wonza, Thrak gone, Taelina Gone, Drakgrak Gone, Eulinda Gone, Kaasi Gone, then there was that Defender that Ysaloeyre beat down and banished from the village, and you guys werent around that much, when i hit rank 42 i was pretty much in most heros range, and tried to tough it out, but it got pretty tough, and that trip with you to rearm didnt help, LOL. Anyway liked your Char a lot, too bad i didnt get to hang around more, but im sure our characters will cross paths again.
-Veggie Ribs
56881, RE: Wonza is Dead.
Posted by Vessit on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sad to see this. One of my favorite people to fight, just because I knew you would. I admit, I felt bad at times for killing you because scourge is just nasty. Glad to see there are no hard feelings, I like to fight and I don't mind dying and you were always willing to mix it up.
56892, Damnit, another good rager gone!
Posted by Marion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, that fight was all the hell over the place. Hah, after that we were actually going to level up on kiadanah and you guys were there. After we found you guys there we started goin to Maethien instead to avoid that kinda stuff.

Man, it was always fun fighting with you because I never knew if I was going to live or not. I still remember just barely getting into the spider form and hiding in market square when you were chasing me after that one fight. I was sitting there rigid at my laptop, hoping to goodness I didnt fail the save for hiding, and didnt let my breath out till you were gone...Then I promply shifted into the anaconda and was in perfect health in under a tick, sweat of relief beading my brow.

It's a shame I've been really busy lately exploring, going to hell, and all that. Every time you talked to me and asked me where I was I was either about to rest from killing Tiamat, in hell, helping someone, or healing from some random malediction from exploration. It would have been awesome to see how a fight would have played out with your second legacy, though I'm sure that if I didnt manage to chase you down and win the fight the first time, Id have have the chance of a snowball in hell at beating you...(damnit, striking is awesome!)

Great char, well played, and well fought. Keep 'em comin!

Marion Elmsworth
56901, Daft Budgie
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man that was fast. You had me wincing from the get go. You were inducted all of what...5 mins before you ghost attacked the guardian?
You certainly grew into it though and ended up with your share of victories. You definitely seemed to 'get' the defender path, and I was happy to see you trying to expand your knowledge and interviewing apps. As you noted, the life of a villager is seldom dull (certainly not by Trib standards). I think if you work as hard with your next as you did with Wonza you are going to see some great improvements.

56931, RE: Daft Budgie
I was looking for you near the end to see if you could give me a con quest, but then i read up on them "You must be making an active attempt at gaining levels, furthering your ideals, and the like; if you are throwing your CON away pointlessly, you are probably ineligible." didnt sound to promising for me even though i was not intentionally try to do this. Thanks for the praise about defenders; seemed pretty straigh foward at least for someone who expects to die a lot. Ill roll you up a bad ass Rager one day though and make you proud.
-Veggie Ribs
56924, Heh
Posted by Vadante on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, yeah, we had our spats but I realized....well, ya needed some work on trying to fight me so I let it slide from a dire revenge to "eh, it's just wonza" attitude and left ya alone. You probably realized from the brawls in the Inn that it wasn't exactly easy to fight me and especially not being a hero, it woulda been easy on my part.

Anyways, liked the balls-to-the-wall kind of attitude although it's really not healthy :) Good luck on your next guy, maybe something not so suicidal...

BTW, did you log any of our brawls in the Inn? Just curious what it looked like on your end (-morale and all)

-V
56925, RE: Heh
The only thing i have logged so far was me losing link when i con died. I will deffinetly start doing that more with my next when i roll it. I died (shocker) before it could wear off, but i was -300 morale for something like 87 hours. being a dagger spec i had a way to at least nulify you (hurl Throat) but even when it was perfected my aim was horrible. I think my morale had something to do with it. This char was my attempt to learn PK a bit better, and i think it was a success in that, though i dont know my stats or anything, but you deffinately had my number as did all bards.
- Veggie Ribs
56945, RE: Heh
Posted by Vadante on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just some random tips

-villagers are pretty much screwed against bards. No spellbane, most are dumber races, and they can't use -resist mental preps. They're about your worst nightmare, so treat them as such. I can't tell you how many villagers I've killed without any problem at all (and they keep coming at me) - you got close that once on Kiadana-Rah but I was really stalling until the others showed up.

-don't bash honestly as an arial. To make it effective (meaning, not just 2 rounds of lag but you get in another bash before them) you have to have a lot of strength/weight, both of which you're low on. You should *never* have max weight as an arial either, kills your best ability...your dexterity/dodging.

-denial of abilities doesn't mean much to a bard unless it's complete, reason being most of my stuff I can get inbetween trips/bashes. Perfect example is distorting someone - if I can get it off (1 round lag), your complete denial of attacks is gone and when I see "they try to bash some air near you", it's 2 free rounds to disarm/flee+return/etc.

Just gotta be more tactical about it, and realize that the Inn wasn't really a fair judgement because there's a lot of flee/return tactics involved for both defenders and bards.

Have fun on your next guy
-V

56930, RE: Wonza is Dead.
Posted by Eulinda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I hope some small portion of our interactions (Eulinda and Proggy) helped influence your desire to roll a villager next, and that you saw some more of Eulinda than you saw as a tribbie enemy.

You were, like some other recent ragers, fun to watch but in my personal opinion a bit too spendthrifty with your con. But it's a game and if you had fun, who am I (or anyone else) to tell you how to play it. I would just suggest that you might try and be a bit more tactical in your fights and maybe you'll have even more fun than you already are.

Wonza was good. I suspect in a char or two, you'll be great. Keep it up.
56942, RE: Wonza is Dead.
Posted by Bayanil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First, you'll be missed by me and other villagers. I dunno why, but I liked to have you with me... even if you lead us to a suicid.

I should not like you IC, becouse I had a strong feeling you didn't want to give me the recommendation :) But, somehow, I liked you much... probably, becouse I saw too many situations when you had no business to survive, but you din't run, and tried your best... it was impressive and I really liked it.

I'd like to see you on my side with your next :)

Good luck.
56944, RE: Wonza is Dead.
At first i didnt want to recommend you, but then you saved my arse when we went to raid the scions, and had some good anti magic RP and i changed my mind completely. I did always try to stick it out one or two rounds longer then i should have, but dont think im not learning from that. And of course ill be missed, everyone loves a Veggie Ribs Character!!
57028, Enjoyed your interview...
Posted by Feiaina on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One day I was interviewing you for the village - and the next day you were a half dozen ranks above me, and a (Ghost) EVERYTIME I saw you.

So many times I would think, FLEE damnit and do some defending/healing instead of jumping into the battles yourself all the time. And once you jumped into a battle, it always seemed as if you lost... at least when I was around. It was like you didn't know when to flee.

Liked your char - wished you would have lasted a bit longer... but hope you enjoyed your interview :0
57031, RE: Wonza is Dead.
Posted by Bogba on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your character rocked. Was a ton of fun and really had the 'do or die'
mentality. My character often was not happy about being lead into suicide, but back in the real world you often had me laughing my ass off at the trouble we got into. And, maybe you died a lot, but you also got in a lot of kills, very well done...I hope you've already rolled another rager, and I'm sure in a few characters you'll be playing one of those universally feared ragers. The place was definitely emptier without Wonza's energy.