Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectVerakh found his place at the bottom of the bottle.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=56440
56440, Verakh found his place at the bottom of the bottle.
Posted by Verakh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Right, so first off - Water/air was a stupid STUPID choice on my part :P And now that I deleted my shifter the shifter edges will probably be out in a few days ;) Basically I made Verakh as my second character and he was meant to get over the complete panic of PK where all I would do was
cw (my alias for cast word). Explored a lot and got to know the water pretty well, which was cool, and walrus form is a beast. Owl is pretty good for dodging in the open and I'm going to miss being able to fly everywhere I need to go. Also want to say thanks to everyone who showed me how to equip and how to get places, since I really didn't know my directions at all when I started this character. All in all, as bad as this character was for EQing and such it was really good for learning the basic layout of Thera and how to get just the base needs for a mage class. All in all, first hero which was cool but meh for game mechanics, oh well, better luck next time. Now on to the good-byes.

Nexus:

Zesam: Funny character, odd as Hell and great Rhyme. Glad to see you got that position and thanks for showing me a lot of the MUD. Sorry about not knowing when to word you out when we were jumped in the tower, but hey I learned after that :P

Tsyda: Clam and 'dillo were great for getting me leveled, and the other Walrus was cool. Old bat could drink more than me, boo.

Nanorab: Awesome character all around, I was actually surprised you didn't have it going to Imm.

Zyran: You were suppose to go Nexus with me, not wait like two weeks later *poke* Oh well though, we didn't interact much but hey it was cool traveling with you.

Balkaran: Very cool guy, was good traveling with you and bonding etc. Shame you 'cided that character but hey you seemed to have fun with your next. See ya in the fields.

Tokonwa: Didn't know you long past leveling in the ruins, but hey you were ok *wink*

Deedom: Cool character, really knows the place well and helped me out a lot since you knew how ####ty my character was being water/air :P Sorry to see you go though dude.

Marastron: Guy who got me inducted, didn't see you much after that sadly. Liked your character, keep it up.

Tum: Lord knows I could never spell out your name completely so I always just called you Tum lol Liked your character, you're really good with a voker and know how to use it well.

Vettal: My assassin buddy! Well, dunno really what to say, just get ranked and start owning some unbalanced ass.

Ragers that I have anything to say about:
Thrakazhaar: Thrak! You were absolutely my favorite of any of the other caballed characters I ever met. Not only did you go with the "Die, sorcerous dog!" role, but when I said I'd not use magic if you bought the drinks and tried to tell me why you thought magic was wrong and you actually bought the drinks and we talked for a few minutes in the Inn before you had to defend the village, that as awesome :P Really wish we could have had more interaction, really liked your character.

Taelina: Well you were a complete pain in my ass, but you gave me drinks when I was a ghost sitting by your giant. You were saying "You'll never win" or some such and I was like "Yeah, I know, but I don't have enough alcohol to go back to the Island with."

Eled: Only other villager I constantly fought with who I didn't think just went for really easy kills, I _hated_ you when I was low level and you'd own me but then we got up to hero range and my Walrus would go through you. I always liked that you'd stay and fight though instead of running to the land. Good luck with whatever character you're playing right now.

Lanning: Lanning! First friend of mine, we leveled in the forest of nowhere and in the waters when I barely got the Hippo. Loved your character, and had I not had some conjie and Dwarf friends early on you would SO have gotten me to go Outlander.

Big Al: Funny character, a complete beast and cool person. Liked traveling with you those few times and DAMN was it a big mistake rushing in to attack you and Kanaev.

Ciurerha: Dealt with you a bit, mainly for leveling and eqing. Cool character, but always seemed really flip-floppy on your alliances.

Maethon: Only Tribunal I ever really dealt with, we talked quite a bit at times and I often wondered if you ever left Galadon because every time I flew over you seemed to be there.

I'm sure I forgot other people, so if you want to post a reply I'll go ahead and be like *Oh yeah I remember you, liked/loathed you* or whatever.
56502, Oh my biggest headache
Posted by The Shooloo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I so.. tried to help you. Tsyda and I both did, even if it wasn't in a nice loving way... it was still for your own good. Please, do not do another air/water for at least a little while. If you like shifters, I would say try utility defense. Utility.. because well I just like them, and defense is always good especially until you can get some wand locations under your belt. So welcome to the MUD, as a new player you really aren't doing terrible. Don't think that. You're rping (even if your rp wasn't to my taste) it's still rp. You're also going out there, and you're not acting afraid to be killed and full looted. Good luck with your next, I'm certain with just a little time you'll be producing some nice quality characters.
56441, Overall I liked Verakh
Posted by Tsyda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but you were painfully noobish about many things and you really didn't take criticism that could have helped you. On the other hand you were really good about trying to defend and raid and what you lacked in skill you made up for in spirit. One thing though, the short logon times is unacceptable by any cabals standards and you just can't do it. If you cannot stay on for an hour at a time then you need to avoid cabals for now. Even a solid half hour is better than the short on/off you habitiually did. I do remember you having problesm with your connection though. Good luck with the next.

--Tsyda
56461, RE: Overall I liked Verakh
Posted by Verakh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Eh that mainly happened when I got bored with the character, so I'd log in to see if anyone needed anything like scouting, some water area help, or leveling help then I'd go do homework or watch a movie. Contrary to the whole "The game starts at hero!" line of thinking, I though it kinda got dull at that point because there weren't any new skills and what not to look forward to :P Next character I make though is going to be for exploration and able to give out a beating and such - you might remember me asking you if you had known what you knew now, what forms you would have learned :P Biggest thing I LOVE about shifters is not having to be so gear dependent.