Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Miko the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=56368
56368, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Miko the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Mar 17 12:33:19 2007

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Miko perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:160
56397, Goodbyes and Jazz
Posted by Miko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well this was my first character in over 2 years. I just set about to have some fun, get use to the game again, and just interact with others. I didn't bother getting preps, so most of my fights I got handed to me. I only really had problems with Hunsobo or Taoquitin. Bash bash bash, dead. I think I have assassinate figured out for the most part, even if I didn't kill someone. I had a lot of hits. Anyhow its time to put this character away.

I guess I'm the last of the Thief's guild attacker people to delete, so I'll have my say. I don't think at all what we did was wrong. We killed an evil guild guard to obtain items that we believed would stop a dark evil of demons. Seems perfectly fine to me. As far as I know (and I know I wasn't) most of us weren't orderly, so the greater good seemed like what we should aim for. I'd hardly say our actions were immoral. I mean after all, I"m playing an assassin, a killer, what real immoral thoughts would there be of me robbing a theives' guild. Even if some good aligned thieves are losing out, so are evil, and the good align ones could always approach the Fortress for aid. Also, as far as taking other items and call it gaining shineys, I'll like to explain the difference of Shineys and gear.

Shineys are items that people who are not actively fighting, getting in harms way, who simply collect them to look pretty in their dresses. Others who gain items to use them to futher thier and their guild's goal in active combat and are constantly in danger of losing said items are getting gear. So it is my experiance that Maran's don't get shineys as much as they get gear. Now I certainly hold no beef of any bad comments that may be made in my Imm notes, cause I know I've done my fair shair as an Immortal. They are a prespective based thing, so its all good. Also the Jack Bauer thing that mentioned in another thread, sure Jack wouldn't take a tread mill, but if he didn't have a gun, and there was one in the locker, you bet damn well he would take it. If something could be used to fight the terrorist, he would employ it. And if you don't think so, please go watch 24 some more. He's not exactly playing nice.

Fortress: There seemed to be two extremes in Fortress. Either a couple of really skilled players, or a bunch of people who had no clue. Many times I died from other's mistakes, which is why I was generally hesitant to group with others, and just stay to the shadows stalking and hunting my prey (which sadly seemed to be either duergar or Hunsobo). I also would like to say is I can't believe how many people are scared to die as a Maran. I'd log on, see we didn't have like the Scepter(just an example), there would be like 3 of us and only 1 defender, and people wouldn't want to go take the item of power. Or others wouldn't want to take an item because we couldn't defend against the low levels. Forcing the low levels to come retreive hurts them more then it hurts heroes who just go to seize it again.

I do wish I could have made Maran, but eh, I didn't finish enough of my kills off, and I got tired of waiting around with only 1 - 2 enemies to fight, so I stopped playing as much as I once did. My only gripe is that a few Marans that got Maran didn't have balls to fight if they weren't sure of victory it seemed. So I kinda wondered about that.

(Forgive me for Mispellings)

Earan - As I said in your goodbye thread, I knew you were someone good. I remember grouping and killing people with Karel a long time ago. You still got it and I enjoyed fighting along someone who knew what they were doing and wasn't affraid to fight.

Mende - I think you are a great Acolyte, and the leadership is well desevered. You still got to do some learning about group combat, but we can all learn a thing or two sometimes.

Zephon - We interacted a good bit from time to time, thanks for the clues on assassinate. I started doing a lot better, just never landed any full assassinates, lots of hits though after your help.

Phyrxal - Good ole Lydia. God I remember Lydia back from when I played Darcious. That was forever ago. Glad to see you were still kicking about. If there was someone I knew who would be up for raiding, no matter what, it was you. Glad to played with you.

Various Assassins - Guys, learn to tiger claw. APs, even the Emperoress are a lot easier if they can't iceball you to death. Learn it, love it, live it. MSK and RPK are nice, but it doesn't stop them from nailing you.

Others - I'm sure I'm missing a lot, thanks for the good times in the Fortress. Its been a long time since I was part of it, not since Warlocks left the Fortress =).

Empire:

Hunsobo - I really liked you OOC. You are great player, and you seemed like a good guy. I just wish I could have killed you alone, at least once, but between bash, riposte, humansunders, I just couldn't come close.

Waserax - Never really interacted with you much, but god I hated seeing you on. You being on so canceled my ability to go unnoticed so well.

Scions:

Criles - My favorite Scion, and one of my good enemies. Too many of our fights were stalemates, you too well protected from my attacks, and between my excellent saves and tiger claw, we kinda didn't do much to each other. You still got me one on one when I was 43 and you were 51 with 3 tiger claw misses, so you walk away with the overal score of one on one fights.

Anyhow, its not much, but that sums things up for this character. If anyone has comments, feel free to make them, and I'll try to respond!

Karithia
56414, RE: Goodbyes and Jazz
Posted by Zephon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I do wish I could have made Maran, but eh, I didn't finish
>enough of my kills off, and I got tired of waiting around with
>only 1 - 2 enemies to fight, so I stopped playing as much as I
>once did. My only gripe is that a few Marans that got Maran
>didn't have balls to fight if they weren't sure of victory it
>seemed. So I kinda wondered about that.

Becoming a Maran is not so hard if you really put forth effort.
I dont think they make you a Maran nessicarily because you are good at PK. Even if you lose battles it is trying that counts. Maybe there are times when you will stand back as a Maran if you are surely doomed to die without killing anyone else. (Which is obviously not what Zephon was all about). :P And retrieving against certain people is asking for an early con death and yet I would usually try anyway.

>Zephon - We interacted a good bit from time to time, thanks
>for the clues on assassinate. I started doing a lot better,
>just never landed any full assassinates, lots of hits though
>after your help.

^_^ You are welcome, of course. I only landed one partial and two full assassinates. I was sooo pissed when I got the partial. I forgot that I was barehanded. I wanted to be wielding a dagger. Oh, I also missed an assasination attempt on Taelina because I was wielding a spear once too... :P

I'm glad for all the interactions with you
~Zephon Zereldest
56421, RE: Goodbyes and Jazz
Posted by Tiatan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't interact with you very much with Aldran, but Tiatan sure as Hell liked you. I'm sure Miko (or you) just thought him an insane juvenile for his antics, but he respected you more than nearly any other Fortress member. He really appreciated your putting Ethelle's wedding ring in its proper place after he managed to get it back, and he always spoke highly of you, even to the point where he convinced Myrakie not to harrass you over the whole raid thing. I hope you enjoyed your time back. Good luck with your next.
56650, He's right. txt
Posted by Myrakie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The little I saw of Miko I liked. Lost a lot of respect for you as a Fortress assassin, the only one that could see me, and decided to go for the gold anyways in the raid. Generally, if it weren't for Tiatan making sure Myrakie didn't think it was worth it to rob/kill/pester everyone that was still alive, you would have seen a lot more of me. For Tiatan's part, the rp that went into getting Myrakie to chill the hell out was probably tough and ridiculously distracting at times, but he did a great job.

After the raid, Miko and the healer (can't remember the name) were the only ones that weren't absolutely out of character once I started doing follow up. Miko was Myrakie's lines for demands and ultimatums and I can't imagine it was very easy to deal with all the time, but neither is someone breaking into your guild and robbing you while you were -just- inside.

I think you're the last of the group to delete from that incident.

Myrakie's main agruement from the whole thing was that she'd never raided the Fortress to get at something she wanted from the chest - which was probably all of it. But when everyone I'd spoken to explained that what they did was ok because of the "Greater Good", Myrakie was at such a giggling point that it was hard to stay serious while interacting with everyone.

But, as soon as the two dwarves started going out of character I knew that was about to change. I immediately paid (around 10 gold total) a few people to go up and kill all of the Maran guards and then called in three of my thieves to empty the chest and refil ours. Much worth it.

Note of interest for anyone who was involved:

Myrakie had NO ####ING CLUE what was taken from the Blackclaw chest. She knew there was an axe, and a crown of bees... but otherwise, there were six other things taken, but she couldn't name them. Too much #### in there! Heh. Almost all of the rp I did between the Marans and Myrakie was a completely bluff out of her thiefly mouth, and it always worked. If she hadn't been in Blackclaw at the time, you all would have gotten away scott free and she'd never have found out.

Thiefly holiday gifts? Please. I can't believe half of you believed the words that were coming out of Myrakie's mouth. The two marans actually had the right idea not to trust her at all, and had they not gone OOC like a couple spoiled children then I'm sure they could have talked you all out of listening to her as well.

Healer (started with an A, but I don't remember): When you rob from a thief, it is not nessissary to pay them back if you are Maran. I'd robbed everyone in the party at least three times, including Miko.

Also, I wasn't about to fight five/six(?) lightwalkers that are all spelled up just to deal with one thief guild guard, so I'll never believe you were there for just the items. I don't prep when killing guild guards in Blackclaw, ever. I was much more curious to see what could possibly be so important that you all were there. I set something like... two traps inside of the guild before I just... walked out. I probably should have stuck around and just stole what you'd picked up, but with Miko there it made it seem a little less worth it for items that were free to me anyways. Yay thieves!
56651, Muahaha
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NC CF CON 2001 UNITE!

I think we're the only ones who actually still play other than the occasional Parv that went to that. Unless your buddy still does, didn't you both Imm? Miko was fun. Phryxal was usually up for a raid, but I was skiddish as hell once I got in there.
56667, Karn still plays...
Posted by Miko on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NC CF Con 2001 was great to just hang out and meet some faces of the players. Yes, we both Immed, but I"m the only one of us two who made it any where in IMM Land. =)
56381, *frowns* Sad, I hope you return soon.
Posted by Zephon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you. Ethelle and I inducted you and one other. (I forget who the other was.) You seemed all right, sorry that I did not say much to you as Itholin. I had a horrible headache that night and I told ethelle as much.

Other than that, It was great interacting with you as Zephon. I have a chaotic memory which is why I remembered you blue ribbon. If you would have asked me anything else about you I wouldnt have remembered. :P

Miko = Female with a blue ribbon and pigtails! :P
Welcome home, Miko.
~Zephon Zereldest
Itholin, Eynailia, Soblem
56380, This is too bad.
Posted by Mendecirith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You knew your stuff decently well, and a pair of sharp eyes are always appreciated. Good luck with the next and all that.