Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Zherdov the Knight of the Apocalypse
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=56315
56315, (DELETED) [None] Zherdov the Knight of the Apocalypse
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Mar 15 23:47:57 2007

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Zherdov perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:61
56664, RE: (DELETED) [None] Zherdov the Knight of the Apocalypse
Posted by Zherdov on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I figured I'd write a little something up.

First off, I wasn't "whoring" for any stats. I rolled up a fire giant AP with the intent of having what everyone else that rolls a fire giant AP gets. Screw you Daevryn.

I rolled the character with the intention of joining Scion to further my own personal goals, which was the awakening of Lloth. Whether anything ever would've come of it, I seriously doubt it. But I was going to roll with the punches. I nicknamed Lloth the Demon Goddess, because in my mind, I sort of envisioned her as being sort of a demon-elf. Sort of like in an anime movie where you have one really badass dude, kicking everyone's tail, and they refer to him as not being human, but a demon...ooooh, scary. So, that's the angle I was shooting for.

But alas, it was going to take much longer than I wanted to join a cabal. Cabals are meant to be a fun aspect of the game. Not a chore. So I basically gave up there after waiting a week and a half. If that's impatient, oh well. That long of a wait isn't fun for me.

I like how the wand system works, but man you can seriously get dealt a terrible hand. I'll assume this is partly what Cabdru meant when he said some things just went right. So that was another reason for my inevitable deletion. Then I stuck around to see if maybe I'd have a chance at winning anything in the role contest. Nadda. So came the deletion.

A few individual good-byes:

Eshval - Thanks for rolling with the punches. I really wish you would've listened to my bargaining. It was the first time I ever interacted with you, so I didn't really know what to expect. In the absence of Lloth, I had hoped you appease you, an Immortal, and try to gain some benefit from it. But that didn't really work out, ah well.

Sekhuroth - I wish you had written a recommendation or SOMETHING. Anyway, we had some good moments and a few tough breaks, but that's the way CF rolls sometimes. Appreciate the help and the RP.

Ilindirith - You were great. You sort of understood where I was coming from right at the start of things. I think I remember making a comment like "This body sure does require a lot of food" or something, and our groupmate (who I think was Sekhuroth, and we'd just met him) didn't really catch on, and you just sort of chuckled. It was amusing (not to be cliche). You had skill. You were cool to run around with.

Empire Transmuter (name escapes me) - Man, I really wish you had bought into my bargaining. I thought for sure you were going into Scion too, at some point. But it seemed like the entire time you had the character planned out, and in the end, made for some really flat RP from you. I seriously thought I was going to talk you into being a sacrifice. I was trying to feed you to Eshval, so I could get her to listen to me some more. It would've been cool for both of us, even if you were a sacrifice. We both missed out on something that could've been interesting.

Kanaev - You're an asshole. I figured you were intentionally ignoring me after a while. And to a point, especially towards the end, I was trying to be an annoying prick. You didn't give me the time of day from the very start. Prick.

Edimus - You said you were going to write something and never did. Even if it was bad, it would've been something. Complete lack of care. Prick.

Algrahk - I got your recommendation, and you didn't even say or write anything about it. Prick.

That's about all I've got. Well maybe a little bit more. I intended on only traveling with dark-elves, or people with dark-elf blood in them. I must've rolled at just the right time, because there must've been about a half dozen regular dark-elf characters. I thought ranking and whatnot was going to be really difficult. I had hoped to get a bunch of dark-elves on my side, and join me in creating a new army of darkness. I tried to put a lot of emphasis on having pride in being a dark-elf. Obviously, anyone who wasn't a dark-elf, I just let them think I was a stupid fire giant. It worked out pretty well, and if I had stuck things out, and had better luck at the dice, I'm sure something very interesting and very fun could've evolved.

Another thing. Unless you just want to pad your PK count, I found the easiest thing to do was avoid PK all together until hitting level 36. It didn't work out so great for me this time around, but I still think it's the way to go. Why risk everything you've got on killing someone who doesn't have better equipment, and you get no actual benefit from killing them? Unless I had been in a cabal, then it would've been a different story.

Maybe I'll try another AP again one of these days. But they sure are challenging to play, no doubting that.
56666, RE: (DELETED) [None] Zherdov the Knight of the Apocalypse
Posted by Victoria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry your scion plans didn't work out.

Bit of advice though for if you try it again. Trying to be annoying to the cabal leader probably isn't going to help your cause when the leader is evil.

Also, are you sure that these people weren't recommending you? I've made a recommendation that I kept secret from the person I recommended, because my character wouldn't want them to have the satisfactoin of knowing. Also, it is a test in itself, to see if they keep plugging away when they have no idea you've recommended them.
56668, RE: (DELETED) [None] Zherdov the Knight of the Apocalypse
Posted by Zherdov on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To me, the fun factor is lost after a week or more of seriously trying to get into a cabal. I don't play characters for longevity. To some people, a week might seem like a very short time, and that's fine. In my opinion, it's too long.

There are stipulations to that however. If I have to wait a week because I've only seen the leader once in a week's amount of time, then sure, it'll take a couple weeks probably, and I'm okay with that. I saw Kanaev everyday for about 10 days, and tried striking up conversation every time, only to be ignored every time. From day one. I realized I didn't want to be in a cabal with him in the long run. He might be a great player, but it isn't something I'll ever see. What I saw is getting ignored from day one. And the time he did talk to me, he told me to get the recommendation of Edimus. And it pretty much went downhill from there.

Like I said, too much work, not enough fun factor. I'll pass. I'm not a newbie. I just become impatient when games tend to lose their fun factor. When that happens, it's time to move on.

Now that I think about it, it's not so much keeping the fun factor, as much as it is becoming unfun. When it's unfun, that's when it's really time to cut your losses, or whatever.