Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Twilakon the Whisper
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=56009
56009, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Twilakon the Whisper
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Mar 11 07:27:40 2007

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Twilakon perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:thief
Level:42
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:104
56138, blah man just blah
Posted by Pissed Leader on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Trappers arent easy but you were a boon for the village.
And to contest you not known trap prep info, you might try asking :(
I have found a ton in all my travels *sigh*
56113, See, this I don't get.
Posted by Eulinda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why?
56130, RE: See, this I don't get.
Posted by Twilakon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I felt like the character was a failure for what I wanted to do with him. As a trapper, I could do a lot of cool utility things, but my traps didn't work for beans. On paper, the combo seemed like it would work really good, but in practice I just couldn't get it to work anything like I hoped. I also felt like the more I leveled, the more useless the traps I had became, and the more lop sided everything went in favor of the people I was fighting. I might be very mistaken, but I felt like a trapper thief without knowledge of good trap ingredients, and without magic, did not scale nearly as well as other classes and combinations.
56140, I really really liked you, will hopefully remember to say more when I am gone n/t
Posted by Nuloh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
56160, Bah, you should have asked about ingredients. I know tons of them n/t
Posted by Taelina on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
56193, Always thought trapper rager would be great. Hell, I did it.
Posted by Myrakie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From what I saw of you with my previous character, you made it a habit of doing the Galadon/Voralian/Village/Galadon circle that I see a lot of battle thieves doing. As a trapper, it's the worst idea ever. As far as finding traps... I'm at a loss. Asking is a big help, and all of the older generation Ragers know probably more about traps than I do (not being constantly knocked out by them myself and then offering to pay to replace them). Weren't you a Blackclaw thief? Why not ask a guildmate?

Also, one of the only ragers around these days that I've heard say "They aren't a mage" when given the option of taking down a warrior class - easy or not.
56194, I agree that it could get hairy without scroll use for a trapper. n/t
Posted by Myrakie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
56015, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Twilakon the Whisper
Posted by Plushka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So that's 3 villagers in what, two days? Woo for the veil, maybe my spells'll stop failing.
56196, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Twilakon the Whisper
Posted by Shifty McShifty on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>So that's 3 villagers in what, two days? Woo for the veil,
>maybe my spells'll stop failing.

Tell me about it. My shifter went from having about ten hero 'ragers to worry about to only have, as far as I've noticed, two. It's friggin awesome!! *Cackles maniacally and then gets all serious* Oh, and I'm sorry for the village's loss in this turbulet time.