Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Gortrak the Commander of Warfare
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=55573
55573, (DELETED) [SCION] Gortrak the Commander of Warfare
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Feb 25 20:08:57 2007

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Gortrak perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:42
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:113
55574, Goodbyes.
Posted by Gortrak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First of all, CF is a great game, but I don't think I'll be playing it anytime soon. At least until I develop the self dicipline to restrict my playing times, and not to get so fired up over silly deaths.

Gortrak was my first real attempt at a prep using Warrior. I've had Warriors in the past, but none of them preped, and sucked, or where Ragers. They make a huge difference, but the time spent gathering just detracts from the enjoyment.

Farewells:

Kanaev - Thanks for the induct, you're an absolute monster.

Big Alg - I looked forward to running around dominating the hero range with you. Didn't see you much in the end though.

Gharral - I loved fighting you, because it was always a close fight, and both knew we'd get our stuff back.

Pesh - Tricky to pin down, think I would've nailed you once I got my legacies though.

Thrak - Ouch, another monster. Really needed preps against you, none of which I had on me during our fights. Another I would've like to fight with legacies.

Hru' something, the Captain - A very painful Pally. You get a mention for the horrible memories.

Xeni - Get a life, seriously. I don't know how you can enjoy CF when all you do is camp the Maran for hours on end.

Jrhurg - Enjoyed our fights too. At lower levels they were pretty close, but at hero you rolled right through me. Would've had some good fights at hero.

Iia - Just wanted to apologise for any whining on my part. Both deaths caught me at a bad time in my chars life (having died a few times just before), and the reasons behind the deaths were frustrating.

I know I've forgotton people, sorry to those I have.
55583, Thanks for the assassination attempt.
Posted by Auroch on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That had some consequences.

And to think, I got to you with two other chars.

55597, You're an idiot.
Posted by Gortrak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Look at the Imm Comments. You assassinated yourself.
55609, Havingbeen wrong doesn't change the fact....
That I never did anything other than rant anon about an anon battle.

You sir posted a log that revealed my character.

Pretty ####ty.
55611, This will be my last post on the issue, as it's pointless.
Posted by Cointreau_guest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First of all, you ranted anon, not me. You came OOC and bitched about me using triggers.

Secondly, I posted a log with your name changed. I forgot you were a Mino and that your yells would be different, I'm sorry. Still, it was not my intention to reveal your char, and had you not made such a big deal of it no one would of cared, or known which Mino it was.
55613, I appreciate the appology.
And I do have a log somewhere showing me walking in and getting wacked.

I fought the battle terribly, but that initial hit did seem hinky.

Your post on the other site looked like a Note Pad Log of a fight and triggers show up on it even if they don't show up on your client screen.

I have used that same tactic, so I'll drop it having decided I was in all liklehood just wrong.
55617, RE: I appreciate the appology.
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I have used that same tactic, so I'll drop it having decided I
>was in all liklehood just wrong.

All likelihood? Seriously, you been told (by imms) that A) Gortak wasn't using a trigger and B) That you lack the ability to detect triggers as well as numerous people who know a fair bit more than you that the log didn't show any evidence of triggers whether it was doctored or not.

You should drop it. You should also realize you don't have half a clue about the use (or lack thereof) of triggers and NEVER BRING THEM UP AGAIN.

55622, You notice I said I was likely wrong. n/t
55619, RE: I appreciate the appology.
Posted by Waserax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>And I do have a log somewhere showing me walking in and
>getting wacked.

This is not sufficient evidence to claim trigger use. As an example, I fought Taelina yesterday and withered her when she walked into the room. I then entered a weaken command. She fled and returned, hoping to sleep me, and the weaken went through before she could sing the sleep song. From her point of view it must have looked like I was superhumanly fast with the weaken, since she had probably stacked "direction;sing sleep" and my commune went through first. The important point, though: I was not using triggers.

I don't know Gortrak, so maybe he really was using triggers. I have no way of knowing. But the stuff you've presented to support your case doesn't convince me one way or the other.
55620, RE: I appreciate the apology.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You accuse people of using triggers frequently, without good cause, and usually dropping character partially or completely to do it. I don't think you have a good grasp on how the game's internal timing works. For example:

And I do have a log somewhere showing me walking in and getting wacked.

When you walk into the room, who is more likely to make the first move?

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
55623, Don't waste your breath
He obviously lacks the level of comprehension necessary to put this all together. He (apparently) didn't even realize Daevryn's "You couldn't tell a trigger from a hole in the ground" public service announcement was directed specifically at him. I say apparently because he brought it up even after the PSA and PBF comments specifically stating that triggers were not the case.
55634, False.
And purposfully so.

Read the time stamps again.

Nice try though.
55639, Ok, I will check the time stamps.
>And purposfully so.
>
>Read the time stamps again.

PSA by Daevryn telling you to please shut the #### up about triggers because you don't know what the hell you are talking about: Mon 05-Feb-07 12:55 PM

Gortak's PBF being published: 26-Feb-07 08:16 AM

You bringing #### that you started up in his death thread that is directly related to you STILL thinking triggers were involved: 26-Feb-07 10:26 AM

Now by my counting, that means 2 hours after Gortak's imm comments become visible, and 21 days after Daevryn tells you to not bring up trigger because you lack the ability to discern their use is when you first start replying in Gortak's thread.

>Nice try though.

55642, But this thread was about him revealing
My character after I posted anon.

You'll note that I say I am wrong near the top of this thread and I accept his appology at the bottom.

You fanned it, not me.
55643, And where's your apology? n/t
Posted by Balrahd. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
55644, So, what part about my post was false?
The part where this:

#### you you trigger whore.
Posted by Me. on 00:26:32 1/31/2007:

They are indefensable.

I haven't brok character like that in 9 years.

Is followed by a log where this person tries to defend themselves from your attack? Or the part where you are told, repeatedly, that there is no evidence of a trigger. Don't want your character "outed" then don't go into an OOC bitch fest. I'd defend myself too. The person even made an attempt to "try" and obfuscate your character so it wouldn't be outed. Then you bring it up in his death thread like he's the one who brought it all on you. YOU BROUGHT IT ON YOURSELF.

Then, after all this, and PSA's and PBF comments, you have the nerve to say that you were likely wrong. No, you were dead wrong and should never bring up the subject of triggers ever ever again. I'll note that near the top of this thread he apologizes for outting your character. Where is your apology? You don't even really think that you were wrong about the triggers, if you did (like everyone else) you wouldn't write stupid things like:

"Your post on the other site looked like a Note Pad Log of a fight and triggers show up on it even if they don't show up on your client screen."

and:

"having decided I was in all liklehood just wrong."

On a final note, because I was there an had to listen to it over CB: This bit "I haven't brok character like that in 9 years." is also untrue, because after the full loot/sac, you went completely ape#### for like 10 minutes before deleting. Sadly I was actually trying to help even though A) I knew it was you and didn't want you within 50 feet (let alone the same cabal) as me. and B) Full loot sacs is something EVERYONE has had to deal with at some point. If you "can't deal with this ####" you should really find another pastime.
55624, I'll add.
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Edit - Formatting got messed up due to BBC code.

Though its pointless.

In many situations, a trigger would actually impede on your ability to get first hit.

Typically spamming is a way, way better options.

So, I see you coming...I hold still (stop moving), and just keep entering murder $target <Enter> ! <Enter> ! <Enter> etc over and over again. It costs me nothing to do that and unless you have the warrior dash skill I will most likely hit you before you hit me.
55625, RE: I'll add.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So, I see you coming...I hold still (stop moving), and just keep entering murder $target <Enter> ! <Enter> ! <Enter> etc over and over again. It costs me nothing to do that and unless you have the warrior dash skill I will most likely hit you before you hit me.

Correct. This is actually the reason Dash exists. Barring link problems (or relatively rare affects), you'll always win that race. All movement has lag. Entering most commands with a failed target also has lag, but it's the minimum possible, just like talking or checking 'where'. Given how actions alternate, the defender who is queueing "murder <name>" will win.

In many situations, a trigger would actually impede on your ability to get first hit.

Yup. Just bidirectionally exaggerates any external lag-- their arrival message has to hit you, and then you put in the command afterwards, rather than pre-queuing it with spam. If your connection is a hair slow, they may have gotten a second command in before that loop completes, especially on smooth terrain like a road.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
55626, They aren't here.

#alias spambash (#a {They aren't here.} (bash pro;#una {They aren't here.}}}

Still not as good as real spamming (there will be the external delay unless you stack 2), but less likely to spam yourself to death in a fight that takes a turn for the worse. I include this mostly to drive Pro crazy(er).
55628, RE: They aren't here.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think that would work. You'd need to do something like:

#ali {bs} {#act {They aren't here.} {bash %%1};#act {Your bash} {#unact {They aren't here.};#unact {Your bash}};bash %1}

Then you'd activate it like "bs Pro".

It's still not as fast as stacking bash commands, since your client has to receive an ACK before sending another bash command. But it's at least as fast as a human could spam bash without stacking commands.

btw, the above system is also flawed in that it doesn't disable itself when something *other* than a bash happens. Such as being attacked by someone other than the bash target. Etc.
55630, You're right
Mine would only go once through, but I've done it before, so I know it's at least possible in theory. Disabling a trigger like that if your prompt goes to fighting would at least somewhat mitigate the dangers of someone else attacking. Ideally neither spam, nor entrance trigger would be as effective as a skill used intelligently (like dash). An autoattack skill that takes an argument similar to dash, but is processed just after dash is an idea. Spamming isn't really a player skill, and triggers can do it as good/better. I'd rather have a tactical tool. Of course summon ganks would hurt a lot more when someone could set themselves to get a guaranteed strike at the summoned person. Obviously such a skill would need a recovery time if you got attacked by someone else, and would probably not be 100% effective, but it would be IMHO by preferable to spam (trigger or otherwise).
55610, DRAT! Another one down
Posted by big Alg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was lookin forward to it too. Seemed like our hours stoped meshin or something...oh well.

Rager and Non-Rager warriors are just totally different ballgames.

From what I saw you looked good, plus you were always fun to run with.

Make another scion!

Alg
55629, Thats a pity.
Posted by Kanaev on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, another scion leaving. Woe is me...