Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Zaerin the Master of Defense
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=55413
55413, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Zaerin the Master of Defense
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Feb 22 11:23:03 2007

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Zaerin perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:32
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:62
55442, Lame. nt
Posted by Hurdgir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
55438, Any particular reason?
Posted by Mendecirith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But... you just joined! I was looking forward to having another warrior around. What happened?
55440, Not interested in monotony at the moment for the most part.
Posted by eternal_elf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not going to argue or cause problems. I also wasn't going to write a note for every death that occured. I appreciate that the marshall was taking a hands on approach to the fortress, but when the hands on approach isn't fun, there's just no point in it. I wasn't going to write the note, and I wasn't going to argue about it or get kicked out. I just decided there was something more fun out there for me to do, and I went with the urge. I want to have fun, and while I'm not above putting effort into a character? At the moment I just want something that is fun for me and will spark my interest in CF again. I've been in a super rut with my last couple characters, and I'm trying to break that.

I'll be back eventually, when things aren't so strict and I can enjoy the pk aspect of the fortress without having to write a novel everytime I die(even the most l337 player dies from time to time) and I think thats just a bad requirement.
55443, RE: Not interested in monotony at the moment for the most part.
Posted by Ares on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wait wait wait, you mean to tell me that the Marshall has a policy where you have to write notes about dying or killing someone? Or did I read your post wrong?
55445, His policy
Is to write a note everytime you die. Explain in said note what happened, what went wrong, how it can be fixed. All of which is part of the marshall duties, I just didn't want to do it. I wasn't going to cause a fuss about it, so I bowed out and made something else.
55446, RE: His policy
Posted by Waserax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's a cool idea. Points for Enarn.
55447, RE: His policy
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yup, I like it too. People always mock the Fortress for being filled with 'newbies' and people who don't pk very well, and having a Marshall willing to take on the Marshall task of teaching them fighting evil tactics is a great idea. I know his 'gruff' manner might put a few people off for having to swallow a little pride and admit defeat, but I'm behind it completely.
55450, RE: His policy
Posted by Waserax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, in my limited interactions with Enarn, his RP makes me want to kick him in the face (*). Repeatedly. But it's still a cool idea.

(*) I'm aware this may be exactly the effect he's going for.
55452, It is neccessary imho (txt)
Posted by Hrudgir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not an elite pker by any means, but I do alright.

But there are some basic things that many fortressites do wrong that lead to unneccesary deaths, and I think Enarn is taking good, concrete steps to put an end to some of it.
55457, Agree in a big way. Yay Enarn. Makes me almost wanna roll a fortie. n/t
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
55449, RE: Not interested in monotony at the moment for the most part.
Posted by Enarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I realize everyone dies, I do too. For some people my only response woul be, hey, #### happens man, keep trucking. The point of it was to see who it is that really needs the help and if they keep making the same mistakes. I wasn't asking for a novel.

I fought a fire giant warrior. It was a pretty even fight except he disemboweled me. I cold have used more protections, gone to a healer, tried to stun him, disembowel first or blinded him and deprived him of weapons.

My reply to that would be... yep. I didn't really know you much but you didn't seem like you would need any real help, but I knew you were just ignoring me rather than forgetting. And a part of being in a cabal is being able to follow orders.
55451, Word.
***My reply to that would be... yep. I didn't really know you much but you didn't seem like you would need any real help, but I knew you were just ignoring me rather than forgetting. And a part of being in a cabal is being able to follow orders.***

I absolutely agree with you, and I was avoiding you. I've played hardasses in the past, and I've played for hardasses too. I'm fairly certain I can handle anything thrown at me CF wise be it orders, or whatever. I just wasn't feeling it, nothing much I could do about that. Maybe it was just a bleh character. I dunno.
55428, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Zaerin the Master of Defense
Posted by Mystery Orc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good I hated you.