Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Nastagio Al'Ruggeri the Spectre, Bloodoathed of the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=55391
55391, (DELETED) [None] Nastagio Al'Ruggeri the Spectre, Bloodoathed of the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Feb 21 16:11:42 2007

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Nastagio perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:293
55412, It was fun...
Posted by Nastagio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very fun. But not as fun as I had hoped. I was proud of my role, but I think this character's timing was off. Kharghurln stepped down as the youngest Emperor and was Dreadlord for the vast majority of Nast's life. I knew Kharg wasn't about to age die. And when Draktel got emperor, well, I knew I wasn't going anywhere for a while. So I spent most of my time at Elite, just kind of... kicking it.

I also started praying very young to Drokalanatym. This is back before Daevryn (yet another instance of bad timing). I eventually got the hint that it was pointless to pray to Drok, so I stopped. Then Psuchae started coming around, and I saw another opportunity to develop this character a bit more - and it seemed to fit my role and sphere perfectly.

The single biggest highlight of this character was the dream I got once after praying for Psuchae. It was amazingly well thought-out and written, had a long-term impact on the character and was just awesome to watch. I felt like I had created story fun enough for someone else to want to build on. But that was the last I heard, despite tossing up the occasional prayer for the rest of Nast's life (and even carrying around a pillow item for a while).

A lot of it is my fault - my role and cabal choice didn't lend themselves well to playing my role on a daily basis with cabalmates. Also, a lot of Nast's backstory was supposed to be a mystery to him, which made it even more difficult to share the story. But those are the breaks.

Edges, by the way, are sweet. I'm glad I at least got to toy around with them a little bit before I went out.

Oh, and Lich Quest - I had three of the four items. Damn you, last item!

So, the part everyone's waiting for: Farewells

Empire:

Khargurln: I loved this character, but hated also hated it more than anything. You were cool enough and strong enough to keep your dreadlord spot forever, which you practically did. And as the only other competent Black, I kind of got the shaft. You knew that, though, and sometimes I kind of sensed a little bit of guilt from you. Great job, great character.

Rodalrina: Man, I'm glad you're gone.

Draktel: I loved Draktel. Damn, why'd you have to immort/delete? Always fun running around with you.

Hunsobo: You're pretty cool, too.

Vezrith: Kind of a ####, but cool. You pulled off some sick ####... As a drow dagger spec? Weird.

All other Imperials - totally uninteresting. To me, at least.

Enemies:

I'm sure I have a bunch, but it's been so long since I played Nast, much less had a good, fun brawl with him, that I don't remember your names right now. Sorry.

Psuchae - Thanks for the awesome dream. It kept me going for about 100 more hours.

High Priest of Arboria - That was pretty weird. But that interaction comes in a close second to Psuchae's dream.

Other Imms - Thanks for making a great game. I'm hooked.
55415, RE: It was fun...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry about the deadbeat Dragon dadding there. Seemed like a cool character all around from everything I saw.
55416, RE: It was fun...
Posted by Waserax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Never got to interact with you much, but thanks for the crown. Kept it for a good long while before finally dying to a Fort raiding party.

If you had been around more then I would definitely have helped w/ your items. For a price, of course. But it would have been nice to have a lich in the cabal.

Sidenote to Zulghinlour- It looks like that by demoting to Oath you prevented the affected characters from reading the very note that explained why they were demoted in the first place. Intentional?
55422, RE: It was fun...
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Sidenote to Zulghinlour- It looks like that by demoting to
>Oath you prevented the affected characters from reading the
>very note that explained why they were demoted in the first
>place. Intentional?

I realized this yesterday when I was talking to Merlaan. It was not intentional.
55424, Sorry to see you go...
Posted by Hunsobo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked running around with you the few times we were able. I did look for your 4th lichquest item but never found anything like it. Then when you went AWOL for such a long time I was like "meh."

You definitely had(have) skills, and the "glass ceiling" that is/was Kharghurln must have sucked, but I honestly think if you'd been around more, you'd have had a better shot at getting help with your last item.

Roll a blade for your next! Heh.
55444, Nastagio
Posted by Draktel1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nastagio for a long time was Draktel's buddy I'd say. I think I went out of my way often to help you, and I didn't mind it one bit. I wanted to see you get that lich quest, and I tell you what, if you had liched I doubt Kharghurln would have remained as my Dread Lady. Honestly, I always liked Kharghurln, but she isn't around as much as you were for awhile there. I noticed your times drop off though, and i figured you were letting the character die. Sorry about that one demotion, honestly, it was deserved but at the same time it wasn't and I always kinda felt bad about it. I didn't want to be labeled in my PBF as the guy who only promoted though! Anyway, great job IMO and I hope to be on the same side again in the future.
55480, RE: Nastagio
Heheh, no hard feelings. I half-expected it, and I was re-promoted quickly enough anyway. It was a bunch of frustrating elements that kind of combined to just make the character not as fun or fulfilling as I had hoped, and that was not one of them. And by the time I finally got Dreadlord, the character was already pretty much done. Thanks again for playing a big role in making the character fun in his hey-day.
55448, Great fights
Posted by Seonex on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You probably didn't enjoy much one on one, but when in raid situations you and Khar had me sweating and thinking hard, and occasionally praying for my mommy to save me.

Good fighting, I liked how you were usually up for a battle, even though you knew you were at a pretty bad disadvantage against me.

P.S. Want to know something funny? Khar landed more successful sleeps on me than you did. That amused me, at least.
55479, RE: Great fights
Ugh. You were the biggest pain in my ass. And yeah, I'm not surprised that Khar landed more sleeps than I did. Another awful thing about Nast is that I could not find my sleek blacks. I think I would have been happier finding a consistent barrier source than finding my last lich quest item. And I'm serious about that. With a necro - especially a necro without barrier - the tiniest mistakes can be deadly, especially against someone who knows his/her ####. And you knew your ####.

Well done. You were one of only a few non-ragers who really had me up against the ropes regularly.