Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Masisil the Holy Warlord
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=55318
55318, (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Masisil the Holy Warlord
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Feb 19 13:59:54 2007

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 16th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Masisil perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:shaman
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:129
55324, We get goodbyes now? nt
Posted by Someone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
skldjflksdjfl;
55326, RE: We get goodbyes now? nt
Posted by Masisil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Okayokay! Goodbyes.

Halistanis, loved interacting with you, one of the only people who saw where I was comming from I think.

Rhoth, was fun, ran amuck alot, seems like later on you just kept getting stomped though.

Jrhurg, nicely done, strong warrior, nice to have someone on my side.

Dacob. Hated you with a passion, especially when you couldn't back up your 'beliefs.' Still not sure if you were the person who posted all that bs on the boards, but cannot think of who else may have.

Others of the refuge... too many lightwalkers, haven is starting to turn into an alternative to the fort, as the spire is an alternative to the palace. I hate it. Outlander should be different.

Zesam, liked running with you, things were always... interesting. Wanted to group with you often, though it never worked out, mainly because virtually everone else, even in the refuge, was my enemy. :P

Villagers: Was fun, kind of interesting the way things worked out in that I was fighting you all early and later on we sorta worked things out.

Iunna, enjoyed our first few interactions, but just wasn't getting much near the end. Part of the reason for my failure, I know, was that my serious priests in the past, like Voronil, I had a ton of fun because of a ton of immteraction. My last priest, Legressil, and like 0 immteraction and it was quite disheartening. I was hoping for a bit more from you, but I do appreciate what I got.

Ancients of Venom: I still disagree with what you said about killing those of chaos and dark more than those of light and order--I attacked tons of order, just always seemed to land the kills on the ones who were not. Pretty rough to rack up kills with a shaman who almost always hunts solo at late levels, at least... it was for me. Everyone just flees and quaffs teleportations.

Anyone I'm forgetting, I'm sorry, post and I'll respond.
55328, I agree I miss the old immteraction
Posted by flarkle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mostly cause the only kind I get anymore is negative and I also miss lyristeon popping out to haste me before a hopeless raid and curing my blindness when i was getting ganked down by 7 people.

try a scion if your looking for the imteraction combined with solo killing.
55329, RE: We get goodbyes now? nt
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
While I wasn't the ancient of venom who spoke to you, the numbers show quite differently sub level 40. Being an evil outlander is tough, but, it does have the most freedom of any of the cabals in my opinion. While killing chaotic evils who are enemies of the cabal is fine, I definitely want to see more of the lawful and good kills before I do Nightreaver granting. While the amount of kills are not necessarily the deciding factor, the ratio/type of kills will have a part in it.

As for the cabal being a little light heavy, that's what a leader does for a cabal. The first evil to step up to the plate gets the Imp love. And Imp love is fun. Just ask any of the previous Nightreavers.
55345, Yeah, it is fun
Posted by Krynna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Something like balancing between razors on one side and lava flow on the other one :) In a good sense, of course.
55353, I will confirm this. nt
Posted by Nightwiggler on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
55337, RE: We get goodbyes now? nt
Posted by Desila on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>>>Zesam, liked running with you, things were always... interesting. Wanted to group with you often, though it never worked out, mainly because virtually everone else, even in the refuge, was my enemy.<<<

I have to say this made me chuckle especially considering how much you and I leveled and Zesam is an enemy of the village. Though, I'm willing to bet, you and I made a far better combination for leveling purposes. Any how, sorry to see you delete. Good luck on your future characters!
55346, Interesting char
Posted by Halistanis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And yeah, it is.
It was fun watching you advancing, fighting, RPing etc.
And yea, I definately saw where you was directing. And tried to support you as I could.
But I agree, it is hard to be Nightreaver in the place full of Sunwardens. Very hard. I believe Raviri has the same problem now.

And, ironically, so do (did?) I.

It is a pity you decided to delete, honestly. I thought this char has future with a bit more work invested.
55356, Disappointing. Was looking forward to one of us killing each other eventually.
Posted by Ilden on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a good laugh when that storm giant accused me of trying to gang him with you.
55372, RE: We get goodbyes now? nt
Posted by Rhoth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, I really was getting beat on near the end there. I'm taking a long break, probably pretty close to autodeletion, but meh. After I died four times in one day that time we were trying to retrieve, a lot of the fun sort of went out of the char... I'm not particularly good, but I'm not a die-four-times-a-day guy.

Anyway, I really liked Masisil, IC and OOC. I could sort of feel your frustrations with the Ancients. Had fun running with you, though like you said, at the end I just died a lot. Luck with your next.
55373, I could tell you wanted immteraction...
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I didn't know what you wanted from it. I was, for the most part, put off by what seemed like your constant visits to the shrine/praying for me. I think I ended up talking to you three times in three days at one point, which to some is probably unbelievable considering my hours/availability. A few of the times we talked, I really wasn't sure what you wanted aside from me telling you what you were doing right or wrong, and I'm not really into doing that kind of hand-holding as far as the religion goes. That said, every immortal is different as far as immteraction goes, and as my time is limited, I'm unable to interact as much as I'd like with every follower. Unfortunately you were one of those that suffered because of this.

Overall I think things might've gotten more interesting if you had decided to stick it out, but I understand your reasons for choosing to do otherwise.
55374, RE: I could tell you wanted immteraction...
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I really wasn't sure what you
>wanted aside from me telling you what you were doing right or
>wrong, and I'm not really into doing that kind of hand-holding
>as far as the religion goes.

I think the "approval" aspect is one thing people really like about playing empowered classes. Obviously this can be taken to an extreme, but in the general case it's very rewarding to get positive confirmation that you're "doing something right". Even if it's just a "thumb's up" echo after you pull off a PK.

I'm not trying to tell you how to run your religion. Just thought I'd volunteer that, as a player, I love that crap, and that some of your followers may as well.
55376, I see your point
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I do attempt to converse with my followers if they've done something particularly interesting/pleasing to me. I think that's different than what I'm talking about.

However, I didn't have much of a chance to even watch Masisil to say whether or not he was doing anything right or wrong specifically religion-wise. If someone decides to pray 10+ times a day, that pretty much makes me want to do the opposite of interacting. Think of it like reverse psychology, in a way. I guess it really comes down to the fact that this character didn't do a lot to excite me when I did watch him (which again, wasn't as often as I like).
55505, Sorry it took me so long..
Posted by Zesam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm picking up the pbf now. Good luck with whatever your playing. ps nexus needs warriors