Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Shupples the High Wizard of the Arcane
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=55164
55164, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Shupples the High Wizard of the Arcane
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Feb 16 17:32:12 2007

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Shupples perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:109
55190, the game is better without shupples around
Posted by lexicus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
While I don't personally have the best track record of helping out newer players you are one of the few ever allies that I have ever wanted to multi-kill into oblivion. Maybe some people appreciated the mess that was your role play but most of the time it came off like a 12 year old kid just discovering women, nothing like an elf.

also for that trip into trothon where you kept friggin getting drunk even after we told you not to. We were going slow to let you try and learn it on your own a bit and in turn you made it torture. After that I don't think anyone involved was interested in ever helping you ever again.

Obviously it sounds like you did well with acribu, I think though you should get an award as one of the most likely to get his whole group killed tranny of all time.
55321, What can I say
Posted by Shupples on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought I'd try out a transmuter and come to find out I completely blow nuts. Transmuters aren't my class, actually I have never sucked so much ass in my life with a character as i did with Shupples. I don't even know how I go from Tremblay and Arcibu to Shupples, it was quite rediculous
55166, Shuffled loose as part of the Arcibu enforcement...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nonetheless, I encourage the purchasing of this PBF. At least, I think it's funny. :P
55183, Honestly Nepenthe
Posted by Enbuergo1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Whether or not Arcibu is a cheater, you really are the last person who should be goading someone about multicharing. Seriously. The last person. You do a lot of good for the game, but taunting someone about multicharing is just tasteless coming from you. I've pretty much abandoned posting here, but this post crosses the line.
55184, Huh?? n/t
Posted by Pro-Man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
d
55187, Clearly Nepenthe has been loading gear for Daevryn again.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Shame shame shame.
55189, And he Perma's with you know who. n/t
Posted by Pro-Man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
as
55186, Jealous much?
Posted by Bored on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not going to waste a lot of effort in a response here, since I am sure this post will be deleted soon, but you really come off as an ASS in this post. If you have a problem with Nepenthe, email the other Imps. If there's cheating going on, they more than have the power to investigate and deal with it.

If all of the Imps are cheating and in league with Nepenthe (which is total BS), then why waste your time flaming him at all?

It is possible for an Imp to play a quality character. It is impossible for them to magically forget every single piece of secret knowledge when they play such characters though. That's one of the perks of anybody who's devoted tens of thousands of hours into the mud, Immortal or not. I trust Nepenthe to do what's best for the mud and help maintain the careful balance that dozens of Imms have helped enforce through our lifetime, a heck of a lot more than I trust your accusations.
55191, Oh, I'll bite.
What did I supposedly do?

I've heard a lot of good stories, but so far none of them are true.
55203, RE: Oh, I'll bite.
Posted by Ears on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, what I heard:

You made a dark elf tranny and gave yourself academy gear. Then you broke the code for PK (newbie) and went around as a level 1 slaying all of the heros with Bioluminescence. Then you solo'd every cabal inner with some sweet "Armor" wand that you "found" in Galadon. Then you solo'd to hero in twelve minutes off of silver spirits and then deleted.

But, that's just what I heard from the grapevine.

(Note, nothing of what I just said is actually true. I'm a terrible story make-r-up-er. Ignore this post.)
55204, RE: Oh, I'll bite.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I so much prefer the abbreviation "muter" to "tranny". But that's just me.
55205, Seconded. n/t
Posted by DeathClaw-lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
55215, I second this second. n/t
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
55261, Seriously, you have to be specific.
It's a rare day that I don't hear something new that I supposedly did. Go nuts and send me an e-mail if you want; probably, the response will be of the form, "Yeah, that would be a ####ty thing to do if that were true. Here's three things that several people besides me can confirm are factually incorrect with that story."
55263, What I want to know...
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
<sarcasm>Is how you get away with having 3 wives. I mean I know that one of them is in "my 5" and when the phone rings it plays the Secret Lover ringtone, which has to help you out some, but still...balancing all 3? How!?</sarcasm>
55220, How to report a staff member cheating:
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1) Obtain proof of said cheating. Note that proof does not consist of "I heard it from some guy." Logs, times, dates, posts on this board, etc. are all fair game.

2) Email said proof to imps@carrionfields.com, or if the person(s) in question is an Implementor, email it to everyone except that IMP.

3) If you cannot do #1 or #2, and you never seem to be able to, refrain from polluting our forums with garbage. Repeated attempts to do this will lead quickly to a ban.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
55231, Well put. nt
Posted by Krilcovs Dream on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
55234, RE: How to report a staff member cheating:
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Note that proof does not
>consist of "I heard it from some guy."

For clarity's sake...does this hold true even if "some guy" was:

1. The cheating staff member himself, or

2. Someone else on staff?
55235, RE: What evidence is/isn't.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This applies to any cheating, staff or player.

Any information you can supply in the form of logs, emails, dates, times, etc. is useful. We understand that such things can be altered/faked, of course, so they're taken with a grain of salt, but it often helps us know where to dig in our own records, figure out what to ask people, etc. We record more information than it is practical to actively monitor, but we can more often answer direct questions with the tools we have available.

For example, the Immortal-level staff member who first noticed the Arcibu/Shupples thing caught the tail end of it, and kicked it upstairs with a request to look for what the two characters had been up to in the recent past. Once the IMPs knew to dig in the logs for interaction between the two characters, a lot more became clear and the case was easy to close.

I'd also check the Conspiracy thread to make sure you aren't echo-ing debunked information, of course. If someone's going to tell me about how Nep strongarmed us into promoting Rayihn to 52 or whatever, that's already been debunked by the person (me) responsible for overseeing that process, through the voting record of the people who would vote on such things.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com