Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectMerosann, Ghognai.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=54710
54710, Merosann, Ghognai.
Posted by Gaenlin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Both deleted. Was fun, but the fun slowly wore off and was replaced with boredom and frustration.

Conjurer class: Fun and somewhat interesting, albeit really annoying when you mobdeath to a servitor you conjure. Remove that part, and it would be a lot more fun.

Nexus: like the Dawn but neutral. Didn't agree with me.
Were some great people in that cabal though - Nanorab, Deedom, Khaliizishar and Tsyda definitely stand out. Take my advice, this is not a fun cabal to play. You're sitting around, bored out of your skull, and have the servitors to kick some outlander butt, yet can't because "chaos isn't tipping". Yet they get free rein to call hunts on me? Come on, guys. That's not fun at all.

Twist: you've lost your balls somewhere along the road. Go find them. Do not penalize someone for taking the aggressive role in Nexus. It truly takes away from the overall fun of the game. I was surprised that I'd get smacked by you with the title, you've had some of the best aggressive characters in the game.

Battle: Some 'ragers were particularly cool to interact with. Golanth on both ends of the spectrum, you were cool to rank with. Drakgrak, Brinkmun too.

Tribunal: Maethron was the only dude I really interacted with, Umejin a bit as well. Both of you were cool, standup characters.

Scions: Hrok, sorry for not being able to help you out more.

Forties: Tymeo stood out as a fun guy to hang out with. Mendecirith, you were hilarious also, especially in Maethien. Aldran, hang in there, the conjurer class is tough but doable.

Imperials: Apart from some good fights with Wenariath, I had little to no interaction with you guys. Keep on truckin.

Outlander: Nothing to say about you guys that's pleasant.

Uncaballed buggers: Dhason: again, sorry to not be able to help you out more. A few other cool uncaballeds I interacted with there, I wish you luck.

That's it for now.

54723, Kettle calling the pot black
Posted by _Magus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The only interaction I had with these characters was blatant OOC whining.

Fix your own ####ing problems before you try to point out others.
54725, all i got was OOC bitching too when he died n/t
Posted by Ditto on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
54711, RE: Merosann, Ghognai.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Conjurer class: Fun and somewhat interesting, albeit really
>annoying when you mobdeath to a servitor you conjure. Remove
>that part, and it would be a lot more fun.

Yeah, it was pretty obvious it was your first stab at the conjurer class. I'm sure you'd do a lot better with a second run. I tried to help you out a couple of the times you prayed about not understanding something.

The thing that sort of puzzled me was... last I checked, Merosann was running a positive PK ratio... but man, to hear you complain about all things conjurer and all things Nexus and what a handicap they were, I'd have expected you to be 0-100.

>Nexus: like the Dawn but neutral. Didn't agree with me.
>Were some great people in that cabal though - Nanorab, Deedom,
>Khaliizishar and Tsyda definitely stand out. Take my advice,
>this is not a fun cabal to play. You're sitting around, bored
>out of your skull, and have the servitors to kick some
>outlander butt, yet can't because "chaos isn't tipping". Yet
>they get free rein to call hunts on me? Come on, guys. That's
>not fun at all.

Yeah, it's not a cabal for someone who wants to be able to attack anyone they want at any time. To be fair, most of the cabals aren't, to varying degrees. But, if it's not for you, we've got other options. Different strokes and what not. :)

>Twist: you've lost your balls somewhere along the road. Go
>find them. Do not penalize someone for taking the aggressive
>role in Nexus. It truly takes away from the overall fun of the
>game. I was surprised that I'd get smacked by you with the
>title, you've had some of the best aggressive characters in
>the game.

I'm not Twist, but based on watching Merosann, I think you got the wrong message out of that title. The problem isn't that you were aggressive, the problem was that you complained more than the any three whole cabals that didn't include you, combined.

It's just one of those things. If someone has pretty cool RP but they break character and start cussing about your supposed trigger usage when you kill them, it's really the latter you remember even if they're RPing great 99% of the time. Similarly with Merosann, the constant bitching just could not help but overshadow in my mind any of the cool things you were doing.

Honestly I think if you learned to keep the discontent to yourself a bit more people would react to your characters really differently and you'd have a much better time. Hardly anyone wants to go out of their way to help or interact with "bitching guy."
54714, Some comments, and a few ideas.
Posted by Gaenlin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nepenthe, I forgot to thank you for your help, man. It was much appreciated.

Agreed, I bitched a lot. A good deal of that was IC. The character really was a miserable bitch.

I would however change the Nexus cabal so that you could attack those that would normally attack you on sight, such as Outlanders for conjurers. I don't think it's unreasonable. You're not raiding them per se, you're destroying a threat pre-emptively. :D As you'll recall, Masters did have a policy that where if you were being attacked on sight by a character, you could retaliate. That happened to be the case with Outlander.

Ah well. I will roll another conjurer eventually. Holy ####, is the narcolepsy ever boring though.

Warp dimension was easily my favourite spell with this character. An amazing little trick.

A couple ideas:

An edge for flash or even warp dimension - disorienting flash or something. This could add a confusion timer on some flashes for 1-3 hours.

Specialized angels. Just as with demons, angels should get this specialization love as well, *I* think. One could be like a two-handed spec paladin with a rot-death weapon, one could pre-emptively rescue you, etc. I think it's great what you've done with demons, and I like them a lot more than angels because of that. To me, angels seem pretty redundant in this case. They're too identical, and not distinct like demons are. If I'm playing a good conjurer, for example, and I could be doing that in the future some time, this option would be damn cool to have. This is one of the reasons primarily why I play neutral or evil conjurers - demons are damn cool and you should give the same to angels.

The other major thing is pillar of the heavens and groups - I found that pillar of the heavens was responsible for two group deaths, and that's not cool for goodie conjurers either. Great effect, but you might want to change that if you decide my specialization idea for angels has any merit. Angels have that glaring drawback of that you're never able to fight outside with them, unless you're with your cabal. Most of the time I wasn't, and literally half the time I'd be ranking with the Fort. Please make it an option that you can turn the area effects for them off, or better yet, remove the pillar effect entirely. Ridiculous power, but you end up killing groupmates.

54728, I don't think it was roleplaying.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Agreed, I bitched a lot. A good deal of that was IC. The character really was a miserable bitch.

The multiple times you (as a player) have been pulled into the Realm of the Dead recently, it was because you dropped character entirely and started with the all-caps OOC ranting.

Let's not pretend any of this was a clever roleplaying scheme. It's about temper control, and as you know you've exhausted your warnings recently.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
54717, Actually...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're right, I titled him for the incessant complaints. What made me step in and decide to talk to him in the first place was him killing a Herald warrior who was 8 or 9 levels below him because "I heard you help villagers sometimes."

It smacked of OOC boredom so I told him I was *this close* to booting him just then. But I told him I thought he learned his lesson.

Then after that I smacked down about the whining.

To Merosann, re: balls. They are just fine, thanks. There's a different between having balls and an aggressive char and having a char who kills just because they want to/can. My *most* aggressive char that I can remember was Lachdanan, a Knight human warrior, and as aggressive as I was with him, I still went out of my way to avoid neutrals (even if they were levelling or something with evils). To be honest, I'd have had semi-valid roleplay reasons for killing some good-aligned chars, because Lach was Honorbound and saw a ton of dishonorable ####, but I usually tried to talk in those situations instead of attacking.

But as Daevryn said, the title was about the whining, not the aggressiveness of the char.