Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Balim Nah'Karimthorin the Voice of the W'Raithe
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=54592
54592, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Balim Nah'Karimthorin the Voice of the W'Raithe
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jan 24 18:20:11 2007

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Balim perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:156
54600, Here's the Role
Posted by Balim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nah’Karimthorin

My name is Balim, and for twenty years I was a drifter.
My mother was Seeaena Nah’Karimthorin, and a fairly wealthy Darsylon Bardess. My father, I never knew, except that he was a drifter, a thief actually, and a good one. He taught mother a few things about getting into things that should be left alone, like lock-boxes. When I was born, he cleaned her out and was never heard from again, and I was, to the rest of the elves, a whore’s unwanted get, so I was thrown out when I turned fifteen, just old enough to survive on my own. I lived where I could, with what little I was able to scrounge up. At eighteen, I learned of more ways to get what I needed to stay alive, or more specifically, the entertaining arts, juggling, acting, singing, playing… other things which I regret doing with women for room and board for a night. All of this has led me to a certain revelation in my life, the importance in Honor, and not just in fights. Mother taught me something before I left though, “My memories are not mine own, yet I can call on them freely. Is this not what we call fate?” She did not tell me what it meant but I ponder her meaning nonetheless because I owe her that much.

My Honor

My Honor is very different form the standards set by the warriors of the world, different from the assassins and thieves concept of the word. My Honor bids me to respect everyone, equal treatment no matter the circumstance. I taught myself how to Honor women, and I was able to respect myself enough to join the Bards guild. I taught myself to Honor everything, regardless the cost. A fair fight with me is a contest of words, not of skill, for my music may better steel in some cases, but never all. My Honor tells me to never ask of people what I would never ask of myself, and to respect the decisions made by those around me. My neutrality depends on me keeping my words.

Inheritance

When I turned thirty, mother had somehow tracked me down and sent a summons to me, informing me that she was dying from an illness being spread through the city, and requested my presence. When I got to Darsylon, she had already passed, but I received a missive informing me that I was the sole heir to her estate, and left me with the signet of her House. The estate is maintained by a fine staff, though my visits are few and far between, I trust them with my life. I still don’t consider myself a rich man, and live fairly poorly for the wealth at my disposal in the city. I would sooner use what I could scrounge than buy something from shopkeepers.
54601, Missed Section
W’raithe

W’raithe is one of the oldest forms of magic, almost completely verbal in nature, and very dangerous if you don’t know what you’re doing. I discovered the language when I was first introduced to my W’raithe mirror-self. I have only had to use the language twice to save someone, the first time, was for someone who was being controlled very deeply by an Ancient by the name of Kalithora. I failed in trying to break the control, and ended up killing the woman being controlled, and I nearly died in her resistance. The second was to save Zaphoedine’s mind, body, and soul. She was being controlled by Camilla, another Ancient, though not quite as powerful as Kalithora. Her resistance nearly killed me, but I managed to seal Camilla’s being in four people, including myself. Zaphoedine, Tiatan, Tsyda, and I share a sort of permanent soul binding, though Zaphoedine and I are bound the closest. I will have to ask my own W’raithe about what the bond can do, but so far, Seeaena cannot say much, because it’s only ever been done once. I have to teach Tiatan, Tsyda, and Zaphoedine the nuances of the language so they can be more in control over Camilla, and the W’raithe language they understand now.
54596, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Balim Nah'Karimthorin the Voice of the W'Raithe
Copy-paste from my created post.

Advance statement-
Ladies and gentlemen, Balim was created for all the wrong reasons. Originally I intended to try to get another Herald, and if at all humanly possible, High Herald, however, the Nexus has really tricky methods of induction… I blame you Xoclibert… Now don’t get me wrong, I liked my time in the Nexus, but I was accidentally inducted and too damn lazy to do anything about it.

Balim Nah’Karimthorin the Voice of the W’raithe says goodbye to these people-

First off, Kahvil, starting off you were the focal point of Balim’s life until you disappeared, which broke his heart. Even though he knew that the odds of your return were really bad, he kept going, hoping to see you again. Balim missed the hell out of you for a long time.

Tiatan, I know that you knew that I was Meora too, and I also know that you despised Balim. That said, after deleting Meora, it was good seeing you again.

Tsyda, it’s pretty much the same story as it was with Tiatan. I’d imagine that there were clues that made is clear that I was Meora too, and I’m sorry for once again, insinuating myself into everyone’s lives.

Zaphie, aah, my dear, the Camilla episode was fun… right up until it turned around and bit me in the ass by being my own W’raithe trying to kill me.

Whatever immortal bestowed me my name and a new title, you have my eternal gratitude. I have NEVER had another char with a last name, let alone brand new title.

That does it for the really big goodbyes, but if I knew, fought, so on and so forth, you, just drop a line here and I’ll get back to you ASAP.

(Iunna, I’m sorry I never got around to owing you the favor but let’s put it this way, Balim pays his way with another character already, and I hope you enjoy. I couldn’t do a speech on W’raithes because of extenuating circumstances that I quite honestly can’t get into)
54594, I liked Balim, especially the whole losing voice thing, why del? n/t
Posted by Geranim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
54597, RE: I liked Balim, especially the whole losing voice thing, why del? n/t
Quite honestly, Balim was kind of a mistake. I never meant for him to EVER become a Nexun, I kinda got dragged into it by Xoclibert and Ebiwen. He was created for all the wrong reasons and things only continued to go downhill. Not to mention the fact that I get to play almost not at all anymore, so there really was no point in just letting him sit and auto. So, Balim became a W'raithe, since he was W'raithebound, he was always gonna be that way, when he died, he just became one, which was my RP reason.
54618, RE: I liked Balim, especially the whole losing voice thing, why del? n/t
Posted by Xoclibert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pfft :P I just RPed with you about the balance and you were like "oh I'm interested!" :p was cool having you around though while I was nexus
54619, Heh...
Heh... You call, gathering information... which I mentioned DURING THE INTERVIEW, interest?