Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Paskat Daskline the Cinching Knot of Justice, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Provost Magistrate
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=54484
54484, (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Paskat Daskline the Cinching Knot of Justice, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Provost Magistrate
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jan 20 19:21:27 2007

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Paskat perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:546
54624, I didn't like you at all.
Posted by Gengki on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really, I didn't. I assumed because of a post on these forums that you were Pro, but I guess I was wrong.

In every instance where it called upon you to create even remote RP... a wink, nod, or SOMETHING... you pushed that aside and did what you do best, nothing.

When you uninducted me, I was saddened. Not because I was getting kicked from the spire, but because of the way it happened. Taq gave me what I wanted out of the character, solid roleplay and a damn good reason to do what he did. You, however, threw down the good old '#### off' and then you were gone.

After I was kicked, Taq kept in touch. We spoke on civil terms a few times and what I think would have been optimal for the circumstances. You, however, avoided all contact or association with me. I defended the spire four (I think?) times after I had been removed, more than I did when I was a freaking magistrate... and nothing.

I had three tribunals under you, all three were complete disappointments, partially because of my need for you to do something other than read a book to me, and your inability to do anything but that.
54628, Really, I didn't. I assumed because of a post on these forums that you were Pro,
Posted by Pro-Man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In every instance where it called upon you to create even remote RP... a wink, nod, or SOMETHING... you pushed that aside and did what you do best, nothing.<<<<<

I don't think lack of RP is indicative of my playing style. That being said, who are you?
54630, I don't know who he is...but I had the exact same react...
Posted by Cassman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was not a Tribunal, but we did have cause to interact, and any time I tried, in any way, I got a very basic response, and then silence to any follow-up.

At first I thought maybe you had Trib. stuff going on, but then when it happened with you just sitting somewhere...repeatedly. I just quit bothering to acknowledge you.

-Cassman-
54631, I was not Paskat.
Posted by Pro-Man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had good interactions with him though.

I was wondering what that remark about me was, since I am an RP'er.
54605, How Can you Kill a creature of such beauty? . . . hahah...
Posted by Brumble on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a cruel guy to have around, see the dark hearts, tip toe around typing where to scan for tribunals. Hehe all clear! Fear me pink beard! Then "Paskat has made you WANTED!" sigh.
54593, RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Paskat Daskline the Cinching Knot of Justice, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Provost Magistrate
Posted by Lucury on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a great guy to have around, especially as a Provost. After the previous stricter one, it was nice to have a more laid-back (at least in my view) Provost. Thanks for the support and all.
54581, RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Paskat Daskline the Cinching Knot of Justice, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Provost Magistrate
Posted by Death_Claw-lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great character.

Interacted with you briefly, but you were rock solid.

Hope you come back sooner rather than later.

-DC
54580, RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Paskat Daskline the Cinching Knot of Justice, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Provost Magistrate
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As Mallias, I had respect for Paskat as you didn't pile in on me when I was fighting the cloud warrior, even though it would have almost certainly meant my death.

Also made me view the issues posted about you on Dio's with a jaded eye. Generally "dodgy" tribs are powergaming, but a powergamer would have chosen to plaster me in the aforementioned fights. So I was reasonably sure your tribbing was legit.
54550, RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Paskat Daskline the Cinching...
Posted by Kholav on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Awesome character, it was interesting hunting with you and the talks we had here and there.

Come back to the Spire!

:)
54495, Paskat Info
Posted by Nivult on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I had a lot of milestones for this character and had in many ways lived up to every goal I had for him. First actual cabal leader, first tribunal, first time to visit silent tower, first character to age death (although it almost came down to a first con-death as well), first time to get all of the commerce/observation skills. All this from me playing after 12 years now or however long the mud has been chugging along. Crappy PK-statistics aside, I think this was my best character ever, and this is in a history of maybe 60+ heros and 3 heroimm attempts.

Most people probably didn't even know I existed unless you were either in my guild, a criminal, a magistrate, or leadership in another cabal. And that's fine, I kind of kept to myself and didn't pick fights with anybody unless they were either doing something they shouldn't be doing or causing trouble for the Spire or me personally. I spent alot of time watching everybody from the shadows and making sure the cities were kept safe, and even though it may sound boring, I was able to keep it interesting. Contrary to the opinion of the Dioxide posters, I wasn't corrupt, although if I was up against an outlander or hardened criminal, I might have appeared to give them the shaft when it came to equal protection under the law. Anybody who wasn't an outlander or criminal had nothing to fear from me (with one exception, sorry about that mis-flag that got you killed, young rager).

I started this character specifically because I realized I did things all wrong as Nivult, and wanted to go back and fix a lot of my mistakes with my skill selection and cabal choice. I was also really trying not to cave in and Imm this time, since I wanted to not get in over my head again, even though I still have... lots of areas and projects half-finished that I really want to finish one of these days. I love the idea of helping to shape Carrionfields, but it takes a certain mindset that I haven't been able to force myself into for a number of years. I am just grateful that I somehow got into a groove with Paskat where I actually wanted to play things through to the end and enjoyed almost every moment with this character.

I have some ideas on how to change thieves to make them a little less one-dimensional, and will probably post my thoughts on the gameplay board eventually. My previous thief attempts were Nivult, Guarzhin, Kemnil, Zeln, and Murizni, who were all a little more focused on PK and a little less on RP. I will say this for anybody else thinking of mixing skills between multiple thief guilds... don't do it. Take a complete guild first, then go back after level 40 and fill in whatever is left. I used to swear that mixing in cheap shot was necessary, but there were so many times I wished for drag/shadow drag and had to make do without them because my very unreliable cheap shot didn't get the job done.

My thoughts on the thief/binder profession in Tribunal... mainly, it was a bad match. I kept posting bug reports, praying, and asking Imms to please fix special guards so they would stay asleep for me when I ordered them to so I could bind somebody. But no, they would always, always wake up within an hour or two and mess things up. That meant that I either had to hunt most criminals in PK range with no guards, or else forget the binding and hope I can take the criminal down with brute force. My Pk ratio was probably pretty bad, but I didn't let that bother me. I'd still jump right in against any criminals I came across, oftentimes unprepped, and it would frequently come right down to the wire always keeping things interesting.

Well, even after 546 hours, I really wasn't finished and was hoping the leader-aging would let me go a little longer. I haven't decided if I am going to take a break or startup something new again. I'm leaning more towards a break, as my wife and kids have been a little neglected over the last few years. It sucks having a wife that hates mudding, and hates me whenever I play.

I have many goodbyes to say, but don't have time to do them all right now. I'll need to gather my thoughts and post them all in the next day or two. In the meantime, if anybody has anything to say, I'd be grateful for any comments that didn't involved badmouthing me for flagging them. Remember that I probably saw more than you thought I did.
54499, Sorry to see you go. txt
Posted by Myrakie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Whoo-hoo. I outlived you.

I remember when Paskat and Myrakie were far younger, but we never really got to cause much trouble together because of the magistrate status. You seems busy.

All in all, Myrakie loved you, despite the general distaste that you were both a magistrate and a guild leader, leaving little time for either.

Well played.
54568, RE: Paskat Info
Posted by Linolaques on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed playing as Paskat. I had a good time running with you as a mortal and think that you did a fine job as a leader. Sorry that I didn't see much of you near the end; I really didn't expect you to age die so quickly.

Any questions or criticism of me would be very welcome at linolaques@carrionfields.com
54491, Good luck with your next!
Posted by Seranii on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always a good way to go out in Age Death. Wish I could have been higher level to interact with you a bit more. You seemed like a pretty good guy. Well good luck on your next!

Seranii
54490, Nice Char
Posted by Progglesnort on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed the little time i got to interact with you. Good Provost from my point of view. Would have liked to serve with you some more, it was always interesting when people couldn't see you. Good luck with the next.
54489, Sorry to see you go Boss
Posted by Umejin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and thank you for the opportunity and interactions of being in Tribunal, I really liked what I saw even though It wasn't for long. Congratz on from what I witnessed, a job very well done.

--Umejin
54488, RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Paskat Daskline the Cinching Knot of Justice, Bandit King of Hamsah Mu'tazz, Provost Magistrate
Posted by nilian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sad to see you go, wish we could of had more of a "friendship" heh. I was so glad I had counterstrike and divine insight when I was wanted made things a bit eaiser for me. Great char I hope to see you again.