Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectFalorien
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=54248
54248, Falorien
Posted by Karel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It'll come up as a rage delete, which it was and will remain. I just don't have fun anymore no matter how long a break I take, and literally hate playing against most people. All the things the imms are doing are great, keep it up and I hope it keeps CF alive. Won't say I'll never come back, but if I do I might take a roman bath shortly after. Been fun, boring, annoying, exciting, frustrating and a million other things.
54353, RE: Falorien
Posted by Soayel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aw crap.. Too bad it ended like that..

That cleave when we were together really screwed everything.. It was unexpected, and I suddently had the two of them on me.. Sorry I wasn't able to do sh** about it..

I really liked the few times we hanged around.. I hope you're not too pissed at me.. I know I can sometimes freak out and forget all I know when I get PKed..

Anyway.. Hope your break helps you, and maybe some things will have changed by the time you come back.. Who knows..
54361, RE: Falorien
Yep, everything was going fine until it went wrong =P Could hardly blame you for that, wasn't really execting it myself.
54339, RE: Falorien
Posted by Daelen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Drat, that's all I have to say there.
54348, RE: Falorien
Okay.
54287, later
Posted by zernhop on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not surprised to see such a good player behind the character. We actually ran together at just this time of the year a few years back. There are very very few players in the fort that could be reliaed upon not to do something dumb and you were the top. I had expected to see you get marshall if corllan or shokai ever bother to log on and do something with the cabal.

54288, *pulls foot from mouth*
Posted by Corrlaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Falorien..you really were a great char..and definitely overdue for Maran'ing.

I happen to log in every single day, and honestly caught you in several places where I absolutely could NOT pull you out, and give you the little pep talk, Maranate you and send you on your way.

I, in fact, DO have a lot of little orphaned Fortressites running around doing a lot of GOOD in the world and essentially playing their little hearts out. Which is why I get defensive when my involvement or lack thereof is questioned. My main point of my misdirected post was to let you know that if you want some lovin..you might have to yell a little louder to get over the din of all the crying orphans in the house.

I overreacted..and hope this clears the air a bit.

54290, So they should have just named Falorian Marshall?
Posted by eternal_elf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is that what you're saying?

Its not a bad thing for players to want their imms to actually take part in the cabal they run.
54293, Not really the issue, I think...?
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think the issue here is this WAS a thread about Falorien and his roleplay and skill and the char and friends/foes saying goodbye. Zernhop seems to be wanting to turn it into a thread about Shokai/Corrlaan's playing time. Where he could have simply stated "I really thought you had what it takes to be Marshall and expected to see that soon." he had to throw a shot in there at the Imms of the cabal.
54295, You're probably right
Posted by eternal_elf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But that wasn't how I read corrlaans post. Doesn't matter, I had nothing to do with any of these characters.

No more replies here, yo.
54300, RE: Not really the issue, I think...?
Not to defend or accost either side, but anyone ever see Way of the Gun? Near the beginning there's a part where the basic gist of it was it isn't what you say anymore, it's all about how you say it.
54306, I'll be the asshole?
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You've got a cabal that has designed itself to where only imms can promote (grant full powers) and of course imms decide on leadership (for basic inductions). Then you combine it with one highly absentee imm (Shokai) and one less-active-than-he-was imm (Corlaan) and you get some miffed players. If mortals (leaders) could promote, the problem doesn't exist, or at least it is highly mitigated. If you want to have this much of a hands-on cabal, you really need to be able to put in the time to guide it, otherwise it needs to be turned over to hands that can guide it (if not as well) more often.

I actually don't care, I don't play Fort, but this is the elephant in the room. The fort is more immtensive than any other cabal, yet it's non-heroimm imms are only slightly more active than Tribunal's (pssst they don't have any :) )

Seriously, I'm just trying to strike at the heart of the issue in the spirit of open discussion.
54308, RE: I'll be the asshole?
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, Corrlaan's time has been stressed lately a bit more than usual. It won't last forever.

We also have another plan.
54342, RE: I'll be the asshole?
Posted by Death_Claw-lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It happens but it tends to be worse for people who rack up 20+ hours per week compared to people who play less. Notably because they'll wind up waiting "50 hours" or something for Maranification whereas in reality, its like, a week and a half.

Anyway, its better than it used to be. I remember being a late night player and going eons without maranification. And by eons, I mean months.
54296, i am not sure how to take corlans response
Posted by ZERNHOP on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I interacted with falorien a lot. I saw no reason he should not have at the very least been made full mantle over a week ago. In fact he constantly did crazy good things that should have put him up for rewards liek title and last name and even a promote from just squire to marshall in my opinion.

I am sure complaining here will only make the fort imms less likely to get more involved in their own cabal. There are a number of quality fort chars that are getting shafted compared to other cabals due to less active imms. I mean kharzak was the only acolyte I ever saw for a month and did everything to show himself capable of leadership yet it is only just now that he got it. Other very capable players in the cabal have taken nearly 200 hours just to get full access to powers.

You said yourself corlaan players should be able to take these things into their own hands, how about you give mortal leaders ability to promote. Maybe just give the heroimms the power to promote. Hell make sure all the hero imms have the power to induct, especially when there is less then full leadership.

Also possibly a way for cabals to elect a leader. command could just keep a running list of who the mortals of the cabal want to lead them. Even if it does not automatically give them induct it could help you immortals more easily pick new leaders.

and karel I miss the good ol days when we were wolf and bear.
54299, RE: i am not sure how to take corlans response
Wolf and bear... man I am so drawing a blank. My memory is like a bucket with no bottom, in and right back out with only an occasional droplet sticking to the sides. Did I ever have a wolf or bear? Don't think I ever had a title with that in it. One of my sylvans? Well this is going to bug me now.
54301, hehe
Posted by zernhop on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
it was in sylvan
54305, Hmmmm
Last sylvan I had I remember the paladin and shaman leader, no slight intended in not remembering their names. Were you the guy who booted me? =P
54313, hmm
Posted by Zernhop on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
did you not play the druid named karel?
54317, RE: hmm
Hahaha, don't think that was a few years ago, and it was a druid named Karrel or Karell, something like that. Only reason I remember that much is I was like "Who the #### is ripping off my name?!". Nope, I was Karel the a-p, scion, about uh.... seven years ago? Six?
54291, RE: Its my understanding
Posted by tehlurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Marshall of the Fortress : None
Captain of the Brigade : Phryxal
Elder Prophet of the Light : Kharzak
Cardinal of the Golden Sun : None

This is what he's talking about.

Mortals don't set leaders.
54297, Thanks
Wouldn't put this one anywhere in my top ten, or even twenty probably, but thanks.
54307, RE: *pulls foot from mouth*
Posted by Garrakor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really like the idea of mortals choosing their leader, but a note from you or Shoaki nudging us to do so would help out a lot.

To: Fort

It is time to elect a new Marshall/Prophet/Cardinal/Captain! Send your vote to me via a missive and I will tally the results. Voting ends *insert date*

Good luck all!

I think there are enough active members to make this happen. Everyone would get a vote and everyone would be eligible, even squires and scribes.

I hate to turn Falorian's death thread into a suggestion box, so please move/delete if you feel it is warrented.
54309, Nexus leadership runs by vote...
But I don't know that I think it's the right choice for Fortress.
54311, Further..
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It has a surprisingly sad ass turn out. Probably about a quarter of the cabal votes, if even that. I also definetly don't think Fort should be run like this.
54318, RE: Nexus leadership runs by vote...
Ugh, I don't think any cabal leader should be elected unless it is by existing leadership. Leaders are imm selected, then if Captain disappears the other three could vote on someone. Needs to be at least two or three imm-selected people though. General vote would be a popularity thing. You could easily end up with a wonderfully friendly guy who couldn't tell a wet fart from a sneeze. Suggestions, sure. Voting, hell no.
54320, RE: *pulls foot from mouth*
Doesn't bother me bringing up different topics that are related. As for active members... this week I saw three people I have never even heard of. All full marans at that. One of them with a pissy attitude that didn't want to raid. So what if one of these people get voted in? Just chained yourself to an absentee leader. But how would everyone know that? Could easily think it was times not overlapping. I think it's fine as is. I've sent a note to the imms of a leaderless cabal before saying hey, gimme the job and let's get things going. It may or may not work for you in particular, but at the least it let's the imms in charge know their cabal is concerned. Then again I still miss the old Marans. Not the dawn side, just the marans. They were pretty much all badass. Good fighting.
54322, I agree
Posted by CraftedD on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I also add that unless you can do the job.. they should not be full marans. Falorian was competent. Garrakor admits he sucks at pk lower on. Why is he given full acess as opposed to someone competant that could kill more with the powers?
54294, RE: later
Huh, can't even remember who I was playing couple years ago. You're doing pretty good, although maybe a little less stiff when leaders say don't do something =P
54286, RE: Falorien
Posted by Nilian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wish you would have stuck around, was fun having you about. I was like kool someone I can rely on heh. You will be missed and do return.
54292, RE: Falorien
Good character, solidly reliable. And nope =P
54283, RE: Falorien
Posted by Criles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were dangerous, and made me think twice about solo retrieving. The first time I thought "He's an elf, how hard can he hit?" You showed me the error of my ways very quickly.
54284, RE: Falorien
That's what makes a build like this interesting. Pretty much anyone just says "Eh, elf." and tries to roll right over it. Never really had a good chance to fight you, the best was probably that monkey #### in the mines when it was I think you, Rhy and Kan and I rushed in with... Aurenna? I actually figured you were out of the fight when you fled. Not so much =P
54278, RE: Falorien
Posted by Lindilia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bleh! Well, I for one will miss you. Your logging
was a very welcome thing for me, the numbers being so
often squewed as they are *sniff* Hehe, I've actually
played with you in a fair few incarnations now...so we
aren't all utter newbies in the fort...some of us, like
me just can't pk to save ourselves.
Great char anyway, good for a chat and always solid to
have watching your back =)

Lindilia.
54281, RE: Falorien
I didn't really think you were a newbie, just someone who hasn't really gotten the knack of PK. One of the most important and basic parts of PK: knowing when to get your ass out of Dodge =P
54269, RE: Falorien
Posted by Veressis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After that crazy back and forth fight in the fortress last night, how could you?!?!
54271, RE: Falorien
That was pretty good, I made a mistake that final fifteen seconds. Or maybe the 126 hours beforehand by not perfecting trip =P It was certainly better than the other time you bitch slapped me. For me anyway.
54277, Hope you logged it
Posted by Veressis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Feel free to post as far as I am concerned, don't know if Edimus will care though.

It was just a crazy fight and cranial did a lot of damage by knocking him out and spreading us apart like it did, but the time we regrouped and had just prepared you somehow cranialed me, for four hours! Of course sanc dropped. Don't know how you missed those two trips, if you hadn't I would have easily been toast. Hell, I barely got away with you even missing the trips (damn legacy).

Tough ass elf.
54280, RE: Hope you logged it
I've never logged anything, which I sometimes regret but still fail to log anything still =P
54267, RE: Falorien
Posted by Garrakor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some fun running around, our play times seemed to match up pretty well.

I am one of the Maran who is terrible at pk, eh Twist? :P I'm trying to get better though!
54272, RE: Falorien
Heh, you'd have to take a look at my play times. They match up with pretty much anyone =P
54263, Well this makes life easier
Posted by Edimus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were pretty much the only person who consistantly screwed up my solo retrieving. You hit hard, often, and I could never get songs off on you before I was on the verge of death. Of all the warriors I've fought, you were the only one I went in feeling like I didn't have much chance against. You, and maybe Faulach.
54273, RE: Well this makes life easier
Not sure who Faulach is. You had nothing but respect from me, because odds be damned you gave it a go. By the way, teleport potions do come in handy. Congrats on Advisor and good luck.
54262, FWIW
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Out of all of the Maran I've been looking in on lately, you seemed to be one of the best at the pk aspect of the game.
54274, RE: FWIW
Well, haven't seen a whole lot of the fort around lately so not sure it was a good sampling. Not sure when but the fort turned into a bit of a newbie cabal, which I don't think is necessarily bad, good place to get them some experience. It does mean quite a few of the members will spend a good portion of time as a ghost though. Good people though, keep trying after getting their teeth kicked in.
54356, I know this is in regards to me, and I don't resent you for it.
Posted by That person on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm just not about running and hiding when the odds get tough. You were fun to be around, helped me out quite a bit when we didn't even know each other, hell, you spent 20 minutes tanking ugruk's for me... who does that? I hope you roll up another and get your ass back in there with us.
54360, RE: I know this is in regards to me, and I don't resent you for it.
Nope, actualy wasn't about you. Think you're doing pretty good. You're one of the balls out characters and I'd say you kill about as much as you get killed so right on.
54260, Well
I was just going to start a small quest and was thinking you were the ideal guy to get it started with. Boo on you.
54270, RE: Well
I haven't been good at quests for a long time. It pretty much has to be go kill something and be done. Something short and simple. Thanks for the thought though =P
54312, RE: Well
But it was going to be short and simple and all about asking you to run out and kill something!
54314, RE: Well
Damn!
54251, RE: Falorien
Posted by An AP on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I assume you are talking about me.

Realistically, it really annoys me to play like such a ####. I would have liked to fought you toe to toe but you are just too tough for me, take it for what it's worth. I'll take what I can get. Tough first death, second time you knew what was coming and I guess you just didn't care. I've learned after 7 con worth of full loots that sometimes it's just best to skip the fights where you aren't going to get a kill so you have protections left for the times when you do have a chance. Sorry it had to be like that though.
54255, RE: Falorien
No, not just you, but you too yes. All that running after you and not one attempt at a sleep? Something? Anything? And no, second time I really didn't know that, I haven't ever really had a criminal type character since New Thalos went to Hamsah, so never really ran into that. That you knew and were okay with summoning to a mob gank that would lead to a full loot is pretty ####ty though. Whatever though, at least the cleave was respectable. Guess you can make an attempt if you're forced into it.
54257, RE: Falorien
Posted by AP on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had 300 hp and no mana one time you ran into me from fighting Yean and Roanuak, and I had to keep quaffing teleports to escape you. The other time I didn't have any wands and you ran me over the last time with barrier so I decided to go get wands instead. But whatever. Complain if I fight and complain if I don't. Next time we can just have a duel where I spam iceball and you spam cranial and see who's character is more powerful.
54258, RE: Falorien
Don't think I've ever complained about someone fighting me. For the record, that wasn't you fighting me. No next time either.
54319, Is that an accusation?
Posted by Eyeonthewall. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If so, I'd love to know who you were fighting.
54321, RE: Is that an accusation?
Accusation of what? I can't find anything in my last post that could even be misinterpreted as an accusation so I really don't know what you mean. And for the record, that was me fighting six guards and you getting the kill when I was naked and locked in a cell with 54 hp. Like I said, much respect for that cleave, shocked the #### out of me. It actually brought the level up to a modicum of respect from previous observations. This took it way down to negatives.
54265, RE: Falorien
Posted by Waserax on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
At least you can claim ignorance on the Hamsah gate guards. I've run into them by accident and been full-looted when I knew that's what they do. Imagine how dumb I felt after that little gem?
54276, RE: Falorien
Yeah, I knew the guards beat you senseless and tossed you naked in a cell. What I didn't know was getting summoned to them while the gate was closed meant you couldn't flee and were more or less screwed. The one direction fleeing was what I didn't know, never ran into it personally. That pretty much blew. Not sure why summoning into the towers there was nixed but not something like this.
54310, Huh.
I would've thought you, if anyone, could appreciate outplaying someone by knowing something about the area that they didn't.

Not a shot at you, just, if I were trying to think up a list of players who would've thought that was a clever/skill and not cheese kill I think you would've been on it.
54315, RE: Huh.
You know, I suppose I could consider it clever. I would still have to consider it ####ed up clever though. Of any possible trap I could set with any type of character, I would never set one where it was 100% likely for that person to lose everything they had with zero chance to get any of it back until the next reboot. That's just screwed up.
54250, RE: Falorien
You sure whomped on me before ranking out of my range. The first in a line of many characters I expected to match up well against who instead kicked my ass. Your elf dagger spec joins the illustrious company of "elf rager thief", "human ranger out of the wilds" and "evil human sword spec". Oh, and "evil zap-happy human conjie".
54256, RE: Falorien
Didn't I only fight you like once?
54266, RE: Falorien
Maybe twice, but Tir-Talath is the one I remember.
54275, RE: Falorien
Yep, I remember that one. That wasn't just me though, you had just got done working over an invoker so I had a bit of an edge.