Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xalzan the Ranger of the Seasons
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=54243
54243, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xalzan the Ranger of the Seasons
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jan 15 17:56:56 2007

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Xalzan perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:49
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:71
54244, ::shrug::
Posted by Xalzan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Learning the mariner/savage part of the ranger set. Was going to try to get the Nightreaver position, and probably would have if I toiled away enough at it, but I was already down 3 con (1 from age) and dying a bunch, so I thought it best to step out of the running altogether.

Notes on Mariner:

You get to creep on water but lose the ability to creep effectively on land. Everyone gets on the ocean at one point or another and you can pick off a lot of good kills if you have the patience to sit and wait. However, I found myself getting killed a bunch even while on water. Granted, I made some poor PK choices and usually had no preps, but I somehow expected a little bit better of the class. Harpoon becomes fairly useless as a savage because you'd much rather have an onslaught ambush than -5 str/dex. Same lag, much less damage than an onslaught. I could see its usefulness as one of the other ranger sets, though. Netcasting was really awesome, though.

Notes on Savage:

Protection vs. metals is very nice. If you happen to be in Outlander when there are a bunch of druids around, all the better. I think I got up to almost 50 damroll as a savage with no metal gear. Onslaught ambush did some nasty things. Savage blow made the pick really worth the time. Personally, I wouldn't mind playing a savage again, but not as a mariner. It just seemed too uncomplimentary.

I interacted with quite a few people in my short time. I tried to be unpredictable to a point, ruthless, and just plain mean. However, I never full-looted and rarely took more than two or three pieces of gear out of any corpse. If you have flames, comments, or want to know why I did something, post and I'll reply.

P.S. I eat through characters too fast and end up burning out.

Xalzan, Chaisse, Mikatra, Myrnessa, Krystia, etc.
54245, RE: ::shrug::
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I dug the pirate thing, though you'd lose it when you were in pk situations and raids and stuff. Yar!
54282, RE: ::shrug::
Posted by Karel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, anyone remember that felar pirate? Was a warrior, and I want to say empire, sword and axes I think. Fun character. Sorry Xal to bring up someone else on your deletion thread.
54289, RE: ::shrug::
Posted by tehlurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=28&topic_id=2417&mesg_id=2417&page=
54304, RE: ::shrug::
Posted by Karel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yep, that was him. Scion, must have been pre-empire-return. Thanks.
54279, Hey there.
Posted by Ghognai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were pretty cool. I enjoyed fighting you that one time.
54329, You were one of the few people I got alone with
Posted by Jargurakht on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I'm sorry to see you go. I was pretty sure you'd make it to Nightreaver. I relate to the patience bit. Sometimes its fun sometimes its not. Good character over all though, mate. Yar har har!
54334, *Roar akin to a raging moose slipping on banana peels*
Posted by Xalzan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ha! I never had any clue as to what your different sounds meant. I'm sure each one had their particular use but I didn't pay attention enough to catch what meant what.

I enjoyed ranking with you. Good character, though playing a mute is hard. I was kinda disappointed when you started to speak.