Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Gniob the Greater Transmuter
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=54073
54073, (AUTO) [None] Gniob the Greater Transmuter
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jan 9 19:22:26 2007

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Gniob perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:transmuter
Level:33
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:92
54078, This was a #### around character.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was pretty pissed at the sheer number of times I had to apply to heralds, just to get blown off. I had a lot I wanted to do with this character but it was just too much of a pain in my ass trying to get into a cabal with no active members. Everytime I managed to get ahold of someone in a leadership or immortal position, I got blown off so I said screw it. I mean, it's not like Herald is hurting for people, right?

Being outed on the forums "accidentally" led to me having to get my name changed, and I thank Twist for helping me with that, despite his thinking I was deliberately being a smart ass to him on a previous time we spoke. (A misunderstanding. I said something that was taken the wrong way) After that I just honestly lost all interest in a character I was already losing interest in. I started applying when the high herald before Eacer was in, if that gives you any idea of how long this went on for.
54080, I saw you -once-.
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I asked you to write an application note because I had never heard of you and knew nothing about you, and frankly didn't have the time that day to speak with you. That was the last time I saw you logged on. I'm sorry that previous leadership didn't catch you; however, that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.
54094, I wasn't bitching about you.
It was mostly a shot at the mortal leadership. I knew you wouldn't have time to talk right then, and was fine with that. I could cheerfully have throttled Eacer for one, and seriously contemplated changing my role to beng pissed off at the High Herald and making a vendetta against the heralds out of it. It would have been really counter to what I wanted to do with the character though, and I just played Spenner instead.
54090, I have to say:
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
During the mageplague event, it really bugged me that you'd go post on Dioxide's that the MP was no big deal and that there were easy cures for it, but then turn around and pray and complain about the MP (as Gniob) more than anyone else.
54093, There was a damned fine reason for that.
You'll notice we got to a point where I stopped talking about it on Dios. Because while curing it was easy, re-contracting it was also insanely easy. IMHO too easy. I would be completely cured, not a sign for days, and BOOM, I'd be replagued without having been in contact witbh any mage mobs. The staff opinion at the time was "There's an easy cure, I'm surprised it has lasted this long". I complained because it only lasted as long as it did because people who didn't even have it could cause it. It didn't seem to be following any sensical system of spreading and I prayed because it seemed to not be working the way a plague ought to. Two non plagued people being in the same room could just suddenly develop the plague.

Easy to cure is not the same as not bitching about the stupid plague being around in the first place. I could cure it easily enough, but re-contracted it over and over. It was like those ####ing locusts at the Fort. Yeah I could have avoided them by never going to the Fort, but it would have really ####ed my roleplay and seriously shortened my funstick. Same thing here. I could avoid catching the plague again, but only if I didn't feel like taking part in the mageplague quest and avoided most of the people I knew. Thats just not fun for me.
54129, This isn't really consistent...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
With what I remember, which would be doing both in the same day over the course of several days.

But I don't really care enough to try to dig up logs and match them up with posts and what not, so, there you go. Maybe I'm wrong.
54130, I'm not saying there wasn't a time where they overlapped.
But I'll repeat myself. Having an easy cure is not the same as the whole thing not sucking balls. It wasn't like I could (or would) just post how to cure things on the forums, so no matter how easy a cure I had for me, in a roleplaying enviornment where contact can be a matter beyond your control, re-catching it constantly was a pain. I still say it was easy as hell to cure, but still a pretty craptacular experience. Sure I could have spread the word IC and tried to as often as possible, but I was only one guy.
54140, Oh the majesty.
Posted by Deathweaver on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Somewhere, I laugh and cackle two times at this revelation. Firstly that Vladimir has *gasp* been hypocritical(which, other then his roswellian conspiracy thoeries, are my only gripe with him), but that others actually did complain about the mageplague. And secondly that I was not the most vocal complainer.
54144, I wasn't a hypocrite.
Knowing an easy cure for the mageplague isn't the same thing as thinking its really stupid and praying to bitch about it. I could cure it anytime I pleased, but still thought it was an incredibly bad idea.