Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [SCION] Baerlias Larenyle the Planewalker
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=53803
53803, (AUTO) [SCION] Baerlias Larenyle the Planewalker
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jan 1 16:49:48 2007

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Baerlias perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:160
53828, I didn't like this character.
Posted by Vlad on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My first interaction with you was being gaunted and killed. Not a huge deal. As I was unghosting though and working out a bug with Twist, you gaunted again. The gaunting of the newly unghosted is pretty lame.
53830, That must have been a bug...
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You cant gaunt someone that has recently died. You get an echo about their life energy being too low. I have tried even 15 minutes after someone has unghosted with no results.
53832, This is correct.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I want to say it's a circa 30 minute safety window after dying, but it doesn't stay with you partially-burned after quitting the way being a ghost does now.

Actually... did you log on as a ghost? I bet the nightgaunt code was never switched over to account for new-style ghosting.
53834, I may very well have.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I died a ####TON as Depoetsende. Better than half the time I was logging in as a ghost. In this instance though, it was a continuous login. There was no logout from the time he killed me the first time till the second gaunt. I spent most of that time with Twist working out the bug I found. (We did get it worked out too, and yeah it was buggy)
53837, The rest of the story....
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't forget that you had been duoed because you were expecting to get gaunted, and I forced you to unduo to work out the bug, and you got gaunted. I was actually going to slay the gaunt but my fingers were too slow.

Also don't forget that I went to Baerlias, explained the situation, and he left everything in your corpse at my request.
53928, RE: The rest of the story....
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah I was expecting him to re-gaunt after I unghosted, since he'd done it before so I was in duo. as for him not looting...Well it's just not a good idea to ignore a request from an insane magic god. ;)