Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) Nkosi the Champion of the Templars
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=5283
5283, (DEL) Nkosi the Champion of the Templars
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Mar 19 23:59:31 2002

5 o''clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Great Evil on the Theran calendar Nkosi perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:43
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:91
PK Ratio:36% (closer to 100% is better)

5284, RE: (DEL) Nkosi the Champion of the Templars
Posted by FattyJ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn it all, you get me hooked on this stinking mud now you're gone.
Well guess I'll just have to deal with only seeing ya when you come to the house. TIll then peace bud.

5285, RE: (DEL) Nkosi the Champion of the Templars
Posted by Kris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow. Played this game a long time, but don't have the time or the fun I used to, so farewell friends.

First for Nkosi...

Was just a fling really, had a good time. One mention for my poet brother: Laedrinu? something like that. I very much enjoyed your story in the shrine. Just keep trying and you'll go far. Otherwise, my friends were cool and my enemies bastards, usually how it goes.

And for the 7+ years...

Imms, from then to now, are just amazing. You people do amazing work and have made one of the best things, free or pay, on the whole damn Internet. Thank you.

Fellow players, had some great times with you all. I have met some cool people and I wish you all the best. Just don't take it too seriously and please please please don't cheat - not cool :P

peace from

Morocco, my first guy
Thibbledorf, my first rager
Min, my first entropy and good elf and I think maybe the only mortal to use the same name (different classes) in all three ages
Iris, the Fifth Year Student of Owaza, my only character I really roleplayed with 100%. That was probably the most fun I had in the Fields
Nirgal, my first master
Moel, my first maran follower
Ahmed and Arkady, my funtime warriors. And Nkosi too.

*wave*

5292, Arkady!
Posted by Belaran/Caeth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hi there my friend! Looks like I'm popping over to your place for a cup of tea as Caeth promised you. Had a blast with your character.

Anyway good luck with you life. No one can forget CF, it has indeed spiced up my life a bit. Take care, bud.
5289, Heh
Posted by Siacla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for all the help. You were tough, and saved me quite a few times. You played a paladin very well. You got all the flack, it seemed. Most every time I saw you you were getting ganged, or getting killed.

We did well together.

Good luck on the next one, if there is a next one.

5290, RE: Heh
Posted by Lothaelgcar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Funny, everytime I saw him he was the one doing the ganging or killing. :P Aside from the fact that you ganged like a bitch, and refused to fight when you were alone, I liked you. Your RP after someones died in front of you was really well done, it just would have been nice to see you fight alone once or twice. It's hard to really think of yourself as better or worse than someone, when either of you always has numbers on their side. It seemed like the times you had friends, I was alone, and when I had friends you were alone. Funny how that works out. Anyway, take care. I've known a bunch of your characters over the years, and always enjoyed interacting with you. Good luck in whatever you do from here on out.

5291, more replies for nkosi
Posted by nkosi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yea sorry my little drow, you were the only one really I beat up like that, pretty much because you were always in the wrong place at the right time. I would have loved to have a nice duel with you without using wrath, but Maran is about being a soldier, and paladins are about protecting the light, so (however much I love it as a player) I never had a call to engage in honorable combat. Made it a point to not complain when I was ganged because war is war.

Siacla, Targaryen, Rithlan: Was fun running around with some powerhouses while I could. If you were a stormie Nkosi would have had a crush on you Siacla. Targaryen, damn you are tough. I think maybe I've seen you around when you were a different char and if you stick with it you are destined for great things. But you probably know that. Rithlan my rogue friend, same thing as Targaryen, even tho Nkosi really did not trust people that hid all the time.

Arielle: Same as Siacla. *wink* You were great and you didn't hide all the damn time. I know it's lonely facing Thera with no cabal but you do well.

My brothers: Almost all I inteacted with were great. Once every couple logins I checked the paladin code and I suggest you all do too. The big one is acting as an example for all to follow. And that means not just wrathing every red aura you see :P

Enbuergo: Sorry I never got a chance to talk to you about your lifestyle, but of course you were always hidden.

Scions: Well no hard feelings, you were just doing your job. Two things. Dullameh, pwk'ing the paladin guard and waltzing into the guild was just cool. That was my last death but if I had my way I'd die another 66 times like that. Good luck. Jhamas, you seemed very interesting and I wish I had an excuse to talk with you.

Well this will probably be my last chance, so again a fond farewell to the Fields. It is more the time and not the fun factor that is my problem, and when I have more I hope to get back to this brain crack the imms have so thoughtfully cooked up.
5287, *grumbles at the bar, with no one to prove he is the ladies man*
Posted by Yuber on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow, you played 7 years? It was easy to see from Ahmed and Arkady which both I interacted that you had good knowledge of the game and you were quite good heh. If you find the fun again someday, be sure to come back!

Beer
5288, so long man
Yep, but I had some sizable breaks inbetween my first character and this one, so not nearly as knowledgeable as I should have been. I'd say maybe 4 years with a character going at least once a month. The trick to CF is just getting a level of confidence with surviving, and the patience to make sure you can survive almost all the time. That aura will really open doors for you with the 'elite.' Then casting 'dispel self-consciousness' so you can really roleplay like this game deserves to be roleplayed, even with your groupmates are making it kinda difficult. You should try that charismatic vampire deal you told me about a while back. That would be the ultimate ladies man role :)
5286, Hmph
Posted by Rahktav on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked your character a lot even though I only met
you a few times. Very good sport. Those people who say
you only ganged don't know what they were talking about.
5293, well...bah!
Posted by shokai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Though you did cut down my 'need to do list'...I would've prefered to have cut it down by inducting you as I had planned. However, our paths didn't cross often enough. Drat. I liked Nkosi a lot, in a few ways he reminded me of Shokai when I was a mortal...seemed to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders, while trying to make everyone's life easier.

Ah well man, good luck with whatever is next.
5294, RE: well...bah!
Dangit. Well I had a great time following your religion, and loved the interesting virtues you gave me. I'm glad I represented a Maran well and hope you get to the other cool folks I've met in your shrine. Peace.