Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Dinkertot Tinkerpot the Undersized Champion of Magic
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=52767
52767, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Dinkertot Tinkerpot the Undersized Champion of Magic
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Nov 25 15:51:12 2006

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Dinkertot perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:212
52802, Gnomes are overpowered
Posted by Jagaub on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I made the mistake of logging back in to try to speed up the deletion a couple of times, which apparently doesn't work. At least not the way I tried it. After taking a couple of weeks break, I couldn't get back into playing, so I decided to just pull the plug rather than auto.

For a while there, I had a good bit of fun, and I probably shocked many people with the effectiveness of a gnome warrior. I've never enjoyed the long farewells, so I won't go into individual replies at this time. If you respond or have a question, I may get around to answering it at some point.

Nexus was fun to try out, and in theory is really suited to my style of play since I love to try to make the underdog the top dog.

Thanks to everyone who made the game fun and a hearty raspberry to any who didn't.

52853, We had good things going for a while
Posted by elmeri_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sweet kickerassery, when the numbers were still there to fight.
52881, Good work
Posted by Trurkrag on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Though we fought only three or four times (most of them in raids) You did well for a gnome warrior from what I heard. Playing a gnome againt mace wielding giants is always a bit of a bitch but with the maledicts you put on me and stuff it was well matched. I kinda felt bad when you deleted after our fight (specially cause I was waiting for two rl hours for an enemy to show up) :P

What did the Todger say to the Whore?
- I'm a-####-ted to you. :P

Trurkrag the Previously Todgerless.
52798, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Dinkertot Tinkerpot the Undersized Champion of Magic
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Kind of a cool character... surprised there isn't more commentary.
52804, Thanks, the lack of commentary is probably due to...
The lack of commentary is probably due to me being absent for the past 2 or 3 weeks. Also, like many of my chars, Dinkertot shined brightly for a month and then disappeared, unlike many of the well-known characters of cf.

Thanks for all the hard work, Nep, and while I'm usually not very vocal on the forums, I'd also like to take this time to state my support about the prep changes you made. My only minor criticism is that this game has destroyed my career, family, life and friends.
52880, RE: Thanks, the lack of commentary is probably due to...
Posted by Erasifh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll chime in and say that your chosen name might have grated a few nerves but you made up for it in deathfulness instead.
Never got to fight much with you but you did seem to nail more than a fair share of villagers, so good job I guess!

Now if I could just get my internet connection going at home so I might actually be able to play again...

Take care
Erasifh
52771, Funniest name ever.
Posted by Seonex on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When I talked about you, I would say "The giant, the shifter, and the Dinkertot are coming." Made me giggle every time.

Nothing funny about all those maledicts, though. Good job with the character, thought you played it with style and skill, though Seonex basically regarded you as one of his enemies. I enjoyed our talks, too.
52803, I'm surprised the imms gave me the last name too
Really, it's just that my perception of gnomish names was a bit off. At some point late in this character's life, I went around to Hillcrest to check out the names of gnomes and was surprised by how bland they were.

Seonnex was fun to fight, but never really made for much of an ally unlike some of those I fought. Completely understandable why you wouldn't want to ally with someone who fights against you at times, so I just had Dinkertot take up the stance that you'd get help whether you wanted it or not.