Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Trojanio the Guardian of the Earth, Gray Storm
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=51957
51957, (DELETED) [None] Trojanio the Guardian of the Earth, Gray Storm
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Oct 29 20:36:12 2006

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Trojanio perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:ranger
Level:44
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:87
51960, Well, i am gone.
Posted by Trojanio on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lets start about my ranger experiment. The new rangers are great. I decided to roll Trojanio to be a lonlie guy and I walked alone all the way until the end. I know i am far from a good roleplayer and wished to see all the option on the class but could not learn about the last spell. Also did not mind much at 30-40 ranks to fight outside the wilds, wished to see how i would go... so, got a few kills, died a few times but overall a savage/mariner can handle well outside his home terrain. Rank alone for a ranger is no problem, with a crappy equipment could handle sahuagins at rank 37 or so.

Had been fighting only evil characters, but after aiding a few guys from the nexus, by herbs or rescues at the sahuagins they thank me and bla bla bla, and latter on come and fight me in the name of balance.

I understand that may the idea of theyr cabal, and i endorse they follow theyr role. But in character i feel i was just betrayed, you aid someone, they thank you and just when the "scales of balance" tip a bit to one side, you become theyr enemy...
I think i got too serious on the idea to stop them to do what they did to me to others and i was turned to neutral, that was it for me.

Anyways, I was always alone there, and sometimes there were three of them and a healer running around and that was really fun. Nothing much i could do in this situation, but still i tried.

I was in the nexus when the cabal was removed, and at that time i believed was a big loss to the game. I must say i was really happy when they returned, but... My toughts on the new Nexus:

1- It really sucks you come and greet someone, ask how are you doing, being nice and a few hours latter you come and attack this same person saying the balance tips. Also in my opinion... the famous "its nothing personal" sucks.

2- I see they have new powers to combine with bond, and thats great. It used to be just bond and vanguard.

3- I also believe with this new changes with haste and healing, they got a nice advantage there, but its too early for me to say that since i had not the opportunity to test that myself.

I got a bit long on this, but got also a bit frustrated. Throw away 91 hours... just could have used the time better. Just let me thank the immortal what was given me attention at the end, but i lost my connection so i lost half the conversation i believe. Thank you a lot for your time and efforts anyways.
51969, I was the IMM
Posted by Corrlaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
..that spoke to you at the end. I will reiterate my point here so you get it.

You criss crossed your OOC frustration with your IC perspective so much it was very confusing.

You told me that you wanted to make sure you protected others from the same betrayal that Nexus did to you and thats why you were attacking them.

If you would have put an entry in your ROLE about that. And continued to play that ROLE, you most likely would have been turned back to good. As it was. You just looked like a goodie who got pissed off and decided to take revenge. Which I believe to be true.

Try and enjoy the game and play your character. Don't let your emotions get wrapped up in it or you'll end up throwing away even more characters and time.

Corrlaan
51971, RE: I was the IMM
"You criss crossed your OOC frustration with your IC perspective so much it was very confusing."

I must say that my only OOC frustration was being turned to neutral. Dying and loosing all you have are parte of the game (also, were not the case here) and i am used to it. Was even expecting it when i decided to walk alone always.
In my point of view, I was trying to make things IC. Perhaps, as you stated, if I had made a ROLE entry and keep following it, "most likely" would being turned back to good.

Perhaps, if you had talked to me a bit before turning me to neutral, about a role entry or about my ways, then perhaps things would go diferent. You spent time talking to me in the end anyways...
(not saying Corrlaan that changed my alignment, just considering the staff's time as whole thing).

Just wanted to point out that a little talk could have avoided a lot of frustration.

Coorlaan, just let me thank you for your time, patience and politeness. I was probably a bit angry yesterday and may have said something i should not.
51972, RE: I was the IMM
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd like to think someone wouldn't need to point out to you that trying to repeatly murder an entire non-evil cabal forever for what one member of it did to you is not the act of a good-aligned character.
51959, RE: (DELETED) [None] Trojanio the Guardian of the Earth, Gray Storm
Posted by Mhyrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Disappointing. That's all I am going to say. I was hoping Trojanio vs. Nexus would go further. I hope to see you return in some other shape or form.

Mhyrin
51961, It would go, but....
Being turned neutral just made me loose the will to continue, but was intersting while our little fights lasted. I may have desearved it, but was for sure the fastest way to make me abandon the character.

Good luck on yours.