Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Valinag Waters the Druid of the New Moon, Silent Lotus, Watermarked of Rayihn
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=51945
51945, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Valinag Waters the Druid of the New Moon, Silent Lotus, Watermarked of Rayihn
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Oct 29 17:21:18 2006

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Valinag perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:druid
Level:38
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:98
51990, Question for Rayihn:
Posted by shamanman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Did I get the aspects of Vanity/Love/Healing despite my murderous actions? I was curious if I pulled that off.
51975, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Valinag Waters the Druid of the New Moon, Silent Lotus, Watermarked of Rayihn
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For the most part, I liked Valinag. You didn't have a problem mixing it up when necessary. There were a few times you mixed it up with other players when I thought it maybe wasn't necessary. You walked a bit of a fine line between promoting the cabal views and being just a murder druid. Being a mute can be difficult because lines can sometimes get blurred between the rper aspect and the "I just don't want to talk to anybody" aspect. I think those two things may have prevented you becoming a prospective Harbinger. The fact that you burned through con like a kid through candy on halloween made me think you were a little too impatient for the job as well.

Interesting character, just didn't get to see enough of you to see what you really could have done.
51981, A real pity
After being your buddy as Lashel, serving the outties from as early as Preval on through Lecsate, I was hoping to make leader. As a mute con burning druid. I think I should go as a healer to see if that preserves things:P. Thanks for the kind words, Good luck tonight with your deal.
51958, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Valinag Waters the Druid of the New Moon, Silent Lotus, Watermarked of Rayihn
Posted by Mhyrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Valinag,

I am very sad to see you go. You really did set the standards for RP for me. You were consistent and eloquent, even though mute. Go figure! I was hoping to patch things up with you, though I had a suspicion that my help to the Imperials went too far. True neutral is a bitch to RP sometimes. Well, I will not reveal much more of my character until it is dead, but thank you for interacting with me, even though at times as an enemy.

Cheers,

Mhyrin
51968, Thanks
I'm glad you think so, it really makes me happy to see that. There were a few parts of my roleplay that I was unhappy with, such as the below examples, but for the most part I tried rather hard to keep the emotes in a balanced sense. Glad you didnt mind me gunning for you too, I enjoyed the roleplaying with you immensely, even if it meant getting slowly whittled down by a healer.
51946, So it ends
This was a fun character, until I started getting sloppy and dying a lot of horrible, icky deaths where a bit of patience would have ended with three dead folk. The roleplay was very fun, if hard. Ranking was reaaaaaaaally tough, I have to thank the ragers for ranking my sorry ass from 20-38:P. I only have a few goodbyes, so here they are.

First and foremost is to Rayihn. I rolled this character planning to go sphere water and just worship water, you stepped in and took over and I dug the way you did it as a 'guiding' hand rather then 'I'm your goddess worship me'. I liked you as mortal cryss when I was the oh-so-popular Tarseti and as things picked up and I got more involved with your religion, I must say that I have never had a more gratifying feeling in carrionfields then the accomplishments, perks, rewards, and talks you gave to me. You are all that kept this character going from level 5 to level 35, and for that I thank you. I will definitely be back into the religion, its more indepth and I like to think I was able to tie together all the aspects of it. Thanks for everything once more, I cannot express my gratitude and thanks to you for keeping my interest in this character.

Mitiszuh: You were solid, and cool to be around. Keep on trucking, I think theres only five or so outlanders total, and you're one of 'em.

Dizrug: I really never liked you. As a rank 18 or so druid I managed to bump off a rank 20 imperial warrior in voralian, you ran in looted all the good #### and ran off. That kind of rubbed me the wrong way, especially after how friendly you were once I was inducted. Granted, I couldn't send tells or do anything, so I couldnt rightly express my feelings. Keep going though, you're one of the last outties too.

Mhyrin: I liked your character, actually, and nothing personal with my hating you. The way you entered into the conversation the first time we met, raving about how you saved an Imperial...well..suffice to say, things went downhill from there:P.

I'm really running out of thoughts, a special thanks to Muhbled for ranking me exclusively up, and understanding my muteness and explaining it to others.

One gripe though: Even though I was the 'Silent Lotus' and had signed my note 'Mute Priest of Rayihn', I still got tons of tells bugging me to answer. Sheesh, you'd think after I didnt respond to your 10 or so tells, you'd figure out maybe I was a mute. Oh well.

I meant to con die this character, but some things happened that made me feel dejected to play him, and so I let him go before I turned too bitter. I won't go into what made me start to feel bitter, because I don't want to turn this into a flame fest. Respond, and so will I.

-Shamanman
51949, RE: So it ends
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Booo! I'm super sad to see this. :( I thought your con death was around the corner but I thought you'd be around until at least then! I'm glad you had fun with this character - I had a lot of fun interracting with ya. I meant what I said, I sort of had a notion of how I wanted Rayihn to be and she's really been shaped by this first set of followers. Thank you for all the 'talks', they were fun. I probably went pretty easy on you for the lowbie tattoo but I wanted to see how it would play out. Don't want to get into details on what it did, but what did you think? Too good, too blah?

Hope to see you around the Bathhouse again - learn how to stop dying so much damnit!! You make baby Rayihn cry when you chew through con like that!
51950, Thoughts
Of the tattoo, in general I think it was just a really nice perk. I really never fought someone in circumstances where it would seem overpowered, but I'm sure there are circumstances where it would seem overpowered, but I doubt it. Those circumstances would be very easily changed. That last little bonus you gave me..I dont think thats standard tat, but if it is that might be a bit overboard. I was a necromancers worst nightmare at the end:P
51952, RE: Thoughts
Posted by Narses on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well I am not sure what bonus you are referring to but you weren't my worst nightmare :P I enjoyed fighting you and the shaman. But I am still a little boggled as to how you died in Aldevari. Can you elaborate?
51953, Sure
My extremely low concombined with a 54 hour long power word decay. It acted kind of like rot and..poof, I keeled over.
51954, Nice
Posted by Radia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was a tough character concept to run with, being a mute.
Very quirky character. Thanks for all the help ranking,
although boo to you for ditching us for your Outlander buddies
that one time when it came to ranking (I saw you raise levels),
but I suppose "doing what you want to do" is a bit Outlanderish
thing to do.

You went a little far with some of your emotes being too
explanatory (Valinag throws some fire seeds about the heighth
of a fire giant), but I can't criticize, that must've been
tough anyhow.

Radia's Player
51955, Yeah
That was probably the sketchiest thing I did with my emotes. But god damn, some of the time I felt like I was gnawing my own leg off at the ankle.
51956, Yeah
That was probably the sketchiest thing I did with my emotes. But god damn, some of the time I felt like I was gnawing my own leg off at the ankle.
51965, Or the time:
Posted by Musel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you had to write "/em sent you a note. Wants it sent to all the eyes of thera" or something like that.

What was the justification behind starting a war with Musel and the Tribunals? I mean, I understand you got tatt'd for it... but to abandon the one who sent the painting... I almost didn't want to delete him for that and play it out.
51967, That issue:
I didn't get tatted for that. I don't think I got anything for that, but it was something a mute priest needed to do. I think I emote 'wrote' something, yeah, that was sketchy.

Honestly though, I didnt expect the tribunal to go to war with you personally, I thought the whole 'dont shoot the messenger' thing would pan through. When I saw Linolaques and a few tribs sitting in Hamsah, I went in and listened, when they said you were going to be killed for sending the note, I went postal and started jumping the tribs with everyone in the city:P. I couldnt really express IC that I didn't really meant for you to get drawn into it, but I really didnt want the tribs ganking you down for it. Sorry if there were repercussions.
51983, Shooting messengers
Posted by Linolaques on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought it would give both of you something interesting to play with for your roles. I just might have mislead Musel into thinking that Valinag was ok with it when he wasn't ;)

But don't worry Musel, you weren't the only bard I tried to have killed for writing things. I wish you'd stuck it out.
51987, RE: Shooting messengers
Posted by Musel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Me too, and it was almost enough to keep from deleting. I had planned to play it out with a bit of a... sidekick if you will. I had quite a plan going to incorporate into my role for that character, but it just seemed to bland to play (Character wise).

Perhaps I'll receive an opportunity of equal proportions with my current character.
51980, RE: So it ends
Posted by TheFrog on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked the bits I saw and would have loved to see more.. But that one time we met didn't went too well.. Simply because I was Orderly. One thing I always though and will continu to, is that being Orderly doesn't mean you follow the laws. It only means you have a set of principles and hold them, being loyal to your friends, etc. So although I would understand to some extend an Outlander to hate all the Orderly peoples, I personnally don't think it is a good way to judge others. But that's just me... :P

I would have loved to see how it would have continued since we were both of the same religion.. Could have been interesting.