Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectYou made me think, that's for sure.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=51935&mesg_id=52278
52278, You made me think, that's for sure.
Posted by Azilaph on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I couldn't decide if you were psycho or just looking for attention or something, but that one night (which will be in the next set of logs) when you died what, five times? six? was just insane. We hadn't really met before and I think you were a newly inducted scion, but you just wouldn't stop. I love and respect courage and guts and all that, but there's a line and you were looking back at it from about 10 miles! :P I felt really badly for you and hoped you'd stop so I wouldn't have to kill you again, but you didn't and eventually I had to just log out. Did you get the scepter back by the way? I never found out.

Aside from the crazy suicide runs though I did like talking with your character. Because I couldn't talk to most enemies - mages, see role - I valued the non-mage enemies, and tried to use them to get some of my rp out. I think for this character more than many of my other villagers, his rp was seen almost exclusively by other villagers, and few outside. Which isn't a bad thing, but it is always fun to have external outlets for your ideas, speaking mannerisms, etc.

As for the looting, yeah, it didn't feel right for Azilaph's role. I know a lot of people claim that looting is entirely ooc, that the player controls the role, but I disagree, I think some things just are more valid than others. Not saying entirely black and white, but some things are just a lot more likely than others, and looting to some extent is. But in this case it went the other way, as sometimes happens, and so the character was a non-looter for the most part. If I'd died more, or lost my things when I did, maybe that would have changed. But it didn't, so he didn't. And, in your case, it was special anyway, as you just kept coming and coming and coming.

I bet your next bard will make waves. Thanks and enjoy the rest of the logs!