Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Nice Logs
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=51935&mesg_id=52276
52276, RE: Nice Logs
Posted by Azilaph on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm glad you like them. I expect to get to the last third soon.

As to your other comment, I am sure there is some truth to that, but what prompts me to make the comments I did in these logs, particularly with Azilaph, is that I often did get smacked around, by just one player. There was nothing I could do in combat - other than critical hit, which I rarely used against fighter classes, the classes that most often ganged me - that could not only be duplicated but done better by someone else. I almost never won against a hasted enemy, even if they had nothing else besides that, no dam redux, nothing. Haste alone often beat me. As a scout I have no real answer to that, other than stripping/eyejabbing, which would take a while, all the time I am getting beat up because I had zero defense.

Don't get me wrong, I know it was a strong combo and I picked some things to help with that deliberately, but I would lose fights one on one all the time. I was just better at getting away when I needed to than they were at chasing me. So when I complain about the people teaming up to get me, it's because I know that any one of them could make a go at me and win, on their own. Not necessarily easily, but not that crazy hard, either. (Before the loss of manual haste of course. But even now, resist has been reduced too, so maybe it's a wash. I don't know, I haven't rolled anything up to see.)

So yeah, I am always flattered when people team up to get me. But usually it's not that they have any individual fear of me, it's just that they routinely gang. Hell, in these logs, many of them didn't try to fight me alone a few times before getting friends, the team-ups were their first or second fights with me.

I'll try to go through my logs to find fights I lost (not necessarily ending in deaths) to show how hard a time I had with plenty of warriors or shifters or rangers in the woods, etc. I think you'll understand why I thought less of people who would come to gang me even though they had it in them to fight me alone, but just chose not to.

Oh, and lastly, people would claim they had to gank me because I was a berserker. I found that pretty funny, too. :P

I'm glad the logs are providing some entertainment. I think the remaining ones may actually be even better. Stay tuned folks! And thanks for commenting. It's always distressing to put up dozens of posts and get silence..... :)