Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: I'd really like your opinion on me
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=51935&mesg_id=52215
52215, RE: I'd really like your opinion on me
Posted by Rektath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was going to post a long reply, but said to hell with it.

I really appreciate this long post. On some of the things, you were dead right. On some, a little skewed in my opinion.

The first paragraph: you mentioned about 'not a real villager' or 'undeserving of the hut.' I don't think I actually said the first one, and I was all bluster often about the second one. Unfortunately, this was a time when the entire rp plot thing was going on, the Village was near full, and I was told to weed out the bads in the Village. You were just too damned awesome to be weeding out, even though you did often go against some of my guidelines. And to be frank, these were new guidelines, and got harsher over time because of the constant complaints I had to endure from other characters regarding Villager behaviors. I expected people to disagree
and because of your obvious leaderish behaviors, you were the one who most stood out. As for the ones on the Pillar, I have to agree with you on that. However, I tried to introduce a new factor into the Village, especially because Ordasen was gone.

Second paragraph: Sorry if you thought I completely believed them. The thing is that people that I questioned never outright denied it. And probably you thought I gave them more weight than yours by the way I questioned you. In truth, I was really skeptical, but I thought as a drillmaster, I should at least follow through. I'm more of a hardass on the villagers than outside people. It's all about love and caring :P

Third paragraph: I never noticed a rager who needed bandage/poultice. Maybe it's my oversight. There was one incident where I specifically did not bandage/poultice because that rager pissed me off IC. The situation followed in line with what that rager did to piss me off.

Once again, I appreciate your comments. No worries about giving a bad impression. For me to despise a character when we weren't fighting together THAT much just made it more enjoyable.

I thought you played Azilaph very well, both in the rp aspect and ooc aspect. The only thing time that I thought was kinda off was when you refused to fight in the circle. Granted there might've/might not be a reason (based on Rektath's conclusion there was), I didn't understand why you would not want to fight. I think I would've won, but for a villager to refuse a challenge is somewhat...meh.