Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectGood point..
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=51935&mesg_id=52117
52117, Good point..
Posted by thinnie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
..but just to clear one thing up, I've never been really out to take away from anyone's fun and people that know me or any of my characters can attest to that. I honestly have never felt that it was that much of a chore at hero to make someone reget their magic gear. I'd much rather have that then have someone loot my gear and hoarde it when they can't even use it. Also it makes it where death isn't completely painless. There is a slight drawback and you know exactly what it is when you go into the fight.

If you ask any of the people that fought me as Tobeldest if I was a looting whore son of a cur bastard then you'd find out that it isn't true and I actually did get a few kills with him with quite a few of them being mages. Hell, I usually stopped other ragers from taking anything from the corpse so they could return and get their things. People just went along their business and got their magic gear off the mob. Anyways, it's a personal choice and I'm not quantifying it by saying I sac'd magic gear every time. There were plenty of times when I found something else to do and that usually coincided with having taken down someone who I had respect for. Anyways, I agree with you, I definitely don't want to waste an inordinate time from someone, but at the same time, I think it's not the most terrible price to pay for dying.

-thinnie