Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: I've played the same way..
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=51935&mesg_id=52071
52071, RE: I've played the same way..
Posted by Valkenar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>..and I have to say to each their own, but I can't see a
>rager looking at a mage's corpse which to them is the most
>beautiful site in the world and seeing all that tainted crap
>and not doing something about it.

By your logic, everyone should be constantly doing everything they can to totally dominate their opponents, because that's what their character would do, and who cares if it makes the game less fun to play. Every poisoner thief should poison all their enemy's gear. In fact, they should go out of their way to poison out of range lowbies who are enemies of their cause. Everyone should full loot/sac every time. Enemies should be followed as ghosts and killed immediately upon reforming.

Plenty of people try to justify being jerks by claiming their RP gives them no other choice. But ultimately your RP is up to you. If you're magic-saccing as a rager it's because you, the player, want to. You have all the control over what your character does. The fact is that you can justify almost anything IC. You could use the excuse that if you leave things they're more likely to fight you again, meaning you get to kill them again. Or the simple one Nepenthe mentioned another: "I'm too busy hunting down other mages to waste my time destroying this one's trinkets."

If you want to sac people's magic gear you're within your rights. Just have the balls to admit that you're doing it because you, the player like to. And don't complain if people do the same to you. I don't like having my limited playing time wasted just because someone wants to be a nuisance. As a player, if someone wastes an hour of my time by pointlessly saccing my stuff I'm going to turn around and sac what I think is an hour's worth of their's.