Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectUhhh no?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=51935&mesg_id=52063
52063, Uhhh no?
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's pretty easy to justify full saccing every enemy on the basis of weakening them (and thus helping your side) the fact that people don't do it has nothing to do with whether or not it can be justified IC. Ragers are against mages, and magic in the hands of mortals. Quite frankly gear should be so far down the list of "needs destroying" that with rare exceptions it can probably be ignored. Staff of unspeakable magics? Yes, destroy. Ring of exceedingly mild magical properties that aren't apparent except with detect magic? Probably not.

If ragers hate me the mage, I certainly don't like them. I probably just want them to leave me alone. One of the more effective ways of doing so would be to full sac every rager I ever kill. After all, they don't need to gather preps, they just need to unghost and go... unless they are naked. The reason people don't do that is OOC collusion. It isn't fun. But neither is having half your gear sac'd by a rager because it was magic flagged, and then having them tell you they didn't loot. My lowbie ranger doesn't loot either... he just butchers corpses and then sacs ever last thing.

Graatch played a pimp character, and he was well respected, but he has decided (in an OOC fashion) that the only way to play a rager is to play one that sacs every last piece of magical gear from a mage kill if he has the opportunity. I think thats crap. It isn't the only way (which is part of what Nep was pointing out). Vald suggested that I should treat ragers who think that way in kind, and see how much they like it. I agree.