Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectRE: Something I forgot
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=51935&mesg_id=52045
52045, RE: Something I forgot
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Well sure, but I never said a rager should forgo killing a
>mage/enemy in order to loot and destroy the magical items of
>his last kill. I think you're being disingenuous when you
>suggest that I or anyone else actually stands there fighting
>two or three enemies, kills one, then instead of moving on to
>the other starts looting/sac'ing.

Well, right. It's an extreme example to demonstrate that there are cases in which any sane character's top priority is probably not going to be smashing magicstuff.

> The real situation is that
>you fight someone, they die. You have some period of time
>before they can get back to their corpse. Sometimes that time
>is shortened because other looters are around. So the
>question is what do you do in those few seconds/minutes? I
>think undeniably a rager should destroy the magical things.

Of course you do. :) Not to throw stones from my glass house or anything, but one place I think you can tend to disconnect with other players is that usually you've figured out what you think the right RP answer is, and all other answers are not different so much as wrong. And that's the deal here. I don't think your choice is wrong, I just don't think it's the only right choice.

Putting aside the obvious point that not every Rager is The Archetypal Rager and roles may vary...

I think you can decide what your character's priorities are and there are usually choices that don't involve standing around the corpse systematically saccing all the magic that aren't wrong. Sure, there can be that lull of a few minutes most of the time if you want there to be. Or, you could leave the corpse and keep on trucking down the road looking for more mages to kill. Or onto the next cabal to raid. Or back to the Village to rest up so you're ready to kill the next mage faster. Or back to the Village to down the cabal item you're carrying faster. Or whatever.

I'm not sure how anyone could say it would be wrong for even an archetypal Rager to seek another fight or try to kill another mage vs. being magic-sac-guy.

>As an aside, you had no comments on the character at all here,
>other than on this? Nothing a bit more personal?

I had a couple free minutes at work, and this happened to be the post you got. ;)

I thought Azilaph was an all-around good character.

>I also
>notice you didn't respond to my comments regarding the new
>changes. I get the feeling you just don't want to respond to
>me anymore. :(

I probably missed that post.